1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers Begin Process, Retain Ron Wolf as Consultant

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerJeff, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings:
    +338 / 0 / -0
    By Public Relations

The San Diego Chargers today established the following process that will lead to the hiring of both a new general manager and a new head coach:
    • Charger President Dean Spanos has retained Ron Wolf, the former Green Bay Packers General Manager, as a consultant to advise the Chargers throughout the general manager and head coach hiring process.
    • Spanos and Wolf will be joined by longtime Charger executives Ed McGuire and John Spanos on the four-person working group that will be responsible for conducting all general manager and head coach interviews. The new general manager will join the process in the interviews for the new head coach.
    • Throughout the interview process the Chargers will not be releasing or commenting upon the names of potential interviewees. This is because some job candidates are still employed by NFL teams participating in the upcoming playoffs, and the Chargers will keep the names confidential so as not to cause a distraction for those teams and job candidates.
    • The goal of the interview process is to hire a general manager first, and then a head coach to follow, although the working group will remain as flexible as necessary to attract the best possible candidates for both positions.
    • The hiring process will begin immediately, with the Chargers today beginning to seek permission from NFL playoff teams to begin speaking with candidates employed by those teams.

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Why not hire Ron Wolf?? Ohh yeah, Ron is too smart to take a job answering to baby boy Spanos.

3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Wolf actually worked in this exact same capacity for the Raiders last offseason - and granted while that makes me slightly apprehensive (because well... look where the Raiders are now but they were a flaming bag of :poop: to start with), they did end up coming out with one of the two top GM candidates on the market so far as I was concerned (and a guy whose specialty is personnel eval). So if Spanos has actually put on his big boy pants and Wolf actually is more than just a paper consultant there to add "legitimacy" of the hires, we might get an actual GM and not someone who will still cowtow to the family's profit margins.

4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,477 / 19 / -4

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,592 / 48 / -6
    This is a good thing, Dean and Johnny boy making this decision on their own is kind of frightening to think of.

6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    This Wolf thing is all a big ruse. Don't fall for the PR move made by Dean.

7. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +429 / 8 / -0
  8. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings:
    +143 / 3 / -0
    Well I'll be damned... They didn't include me in the process... Those muthafackers!

9. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 19 / -5
    I just hope the HC we hire has a winning record going in. We don't want to repeat the **** that is Norv again.