1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers buy back program...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Freeney is 93 again...... Cam drops to 92. ;)

It's 93 for Dwight Freeney
    By Tom Krasovic
    9:45 A.M. J ULY 24, 2013
    Once the Chargers signed Dwight Freeney, you knew Cam Thomas and No. 93 weren't long for each other.

Thomas made it through mini camp with his chosen number, but Freeney will be wearing No. 93 when the Chargers open training camp on Thursday, our Michael Gehlken reports.

Colts fans won't have trouble recognizing 93. Freeney popularized the number during his 11 seasons in Indianapolis while notching a franchise 107.5 sacks, winning seven Pro Bowl berths and contributing to a Super Bowl-winning year.

Thomas will wear 92. Presumably, he also received a bribe from Freeney, who hinted of a payoff when he joined the team in May.

The Chargers are banking on Freeney, 33, to generate a high number of sacks. They signed him to a two-year contract, four days after Melvin Ingram suffered a torn ACL. He had five sacks last year, his lowest total since a three-sack season in 2007, when he played in nine games. The team's sack leader in 2012, Shaun Phillips, signed with the Broncos. Antwan Barnes, who led the Chargers in sacks two years ago, signed with the Jets.

Freeney joins 10 other Chargers in the "93" club, and if you can identify all 10, Dean Spanos ought to buy you a blue-and-gold sports car. They are Luis Castillo, Eric Downing, Otis Leverette, Chris Demaree, Antoine Simpson, Reuben Davis, George Thornton, Tyrone Keys, Duane Pettitt and Earl Wilson.
  2. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +767 / 5 / -0
    Oh, when you said buy back program, I thought firearms were involved...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    It was a joke...... not a great one, admittedly. ;)
  4. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +767 / 5 / -0
    Yeah, I guess it's one of those things when you live in da' hood like I do...
  5. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Buy back programs are a joke. The State just spends money it doesn't have to buy firearms (frequently even inoperable ones) from people who aren't criminals. Good job. Grandma turned in grandpa's old shotgun, now Jeb, Jose, and DeAndre can't hurt us with gun violence, wait, what?

Getting back to the article, maybe a new number will make Cam a better NT
  6. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    and I thought I was going to be able to get my tickets back!
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    I thought I was going to be able to get back all those lost nights at stingaree...
    • Agree Agree x 1