1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers fan from New Zealand

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by mettadown, Nov 14, 2010.

1. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    Hi everyone, after listening to podcast 196 with all the international flavor I decided I'd bring my ethnicity to the table.

So I guess I'll fill out the info you wanted,

NAME: Stephen Ryan
    WHERE WERE YOU BORN: Wellington New Zealand
    WHERE DO YOU RESIDE: Christchurch New Zealand
    MARRIED: No
    KIDS: No
    WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE EX CHARGER: Junior Seau
    WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CURRENT CHARGER: Phillip Rivers/Mike Tolbert/Brandon Siler
    WHERE HAVE YOU SEEN THE CHARGERS PLAY IN PERSON: Haven't yet
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARGER MOMENT: Antonio Cromartie's 109 missed FG td return
    WHAT IS YOUR WORST CHARGER MOMENT: Jets playoff loss last year
    ARE YOU PLANNING TO MAKE A GAME THIS YEAR: I wish
    WHAT WILL THE TEAMS RECORD BE: 10-6
    WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOOD AT A GAME: Beer
    WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE BASEBALL TEAM: Padres
    OTHER COMMENTS:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    Welcome to Bolttalk all the way from Kiwi Country. :)
  3. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 7 / -1
    Hey Stephen welcome aboard!!, if I'm not mistaken you are our 2nd Kiwi member!. Post loads and have your boys go easy on our boys saturday!!. (I'm expecting the worst)
  4. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    Sorry about that game :p, you guys played really well, I'm stoked you northern hemisphere teams in general are starting to play expansively, shame about england though.

Another kiwi bolt supporter is Piri Weepu (all black halfback, injured at the moment).
  5. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +406 / 7 / -1
    How do u know about Piri being a Charger fan?. Wow that is cool. Real sorry to hear about the miners out west. We played well (esp considering the performance the week before) but we still are not as 'natural' as you guys. We make too many simple errors e.g. drops, knock ons etc. You guys are different class. I so hope you win it all at home next year. Met your Paddy O'Brien on the train back from Limerick last week (went down to see Munster beat the Aussies). Sound guy. Told me he spends 5 mths out of the year in Dublin.
  6. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    I saw him in a chargers jersey during a hurricanes game when he was injured. Thanks for the condolances, the nations pretty upset about it all.

The naturalness will come, the only reason we appear so natural is because from birth we're all about the razzle dazzle, we hate playing 'tennis' and only really kick in our 22. Its only really come on since the start of the super rugby.

Paddy O'Brien was a great ref and I'm glad he's got the top job.

Who are you guys playing this weekend? We've got wales and I think after Fiji drew with them that they'll either be smarting and give us a real run for our money, or we'll just have our way with them. We've picked a big XV so I expect us to take the same direct approach that fiji did. I'm stoked that Scotland beat South Africa, what a game (well not really, but what a result!)