1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers have the 11th pick in the 2013 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by AnteaterCharger, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    ACL tear
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    With Matthews choosing to stay, I am now that much more concerned about Miami trying to leap frog us to take Fisher.

I'm very interested to see some accurate cap space numbers for 2013, as we can't count on the draft falling our way (thanks to a few meaningless wins) we may have no choice but to roll the dice with free agency again.
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,423 / 19 / -4
    I'm willing to do that with Clady or Albert or Long, limited injury history and very successful. Comparing them to Gaither is like an apple to Venus. They're all very talented successful tackles. If we do such I'd look at BPA or a guard in first round.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Clady and Albert are likely franchise tags if they can't reach a deal, but just for the satisfaction of stealing them from division opponents I would pay them whatever they want. And I'd still take Fisher in the 1st round to play RT if he fell to us.

Long seems almost a sure bet to be a UFA, I just don't know if we have the money to pay any of these guys.
  5. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Kevin Acee of the Union-Tribune San Diego believes LT Jared Gaither will not return to the Chargers in 2013.
    Acee's column is an opinion piece, but he's also very plugged in after many years on the Chargers beat. Per Acee, Gaither "will not be back" because "he can't be," and "it has been hinted at strongly" by club brass. "I can't even look him in the eye," one veteran Charger said of Gaither, who is believed to have milked injuries in 2012. Said another, "F---ing Gaither. He ----ing cost us big-time." The Chargers would absorb a $6 million cap hit to cut him.
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Not that it matters much, but Kiper finally had Fisher ahead of Lewan on his big board.

***long sigh*** and so it starts, common sense is kicking in, and his stock is rising even before the Senior Bowl. He'll go before we get a shot at him.
  7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    Charlie Bryant.jpg Charlie Bryant 6' 6' 320 25 years old. I dont know much about him, was hoping someone did. Could he be our F.A.R.T.? Looks like he is lined up as the C in this pic.
  8. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    Don't know much about him but I do know His favorite player growing up was basketball player Larry Johnson of the Charlotte Hornets:)