1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers Now Actively Trying To Sell Tickets To Chiefs Fans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by DenverBolt67, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Their loss. I honestly feel you got a raw deal on this one.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    The bad part is that for the second fight, the Raider fan threw the first punch, I guess you are not allowed to defend yourself anymore. And dont ask Elite Services for any help, they cant do anything.
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    The sad truth is that's how it goes down with just about any fight. Nobody sees it until the commotion is raised...which is usually about the time the person defending himself is throwing the 2nd punch.

It's almost always the same with ejections in the game, too.
  4. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,248 / 12 / -5
    Well, the raider fan knew all that would happen to him is he'd be thrown out. Afterall, he doesn't own season tickets so he isn't subject to losing them. He also knows that Charger fans are subject to losing their tickets.

My experience with Elite is different. We've had a couple of issues with fans being a$$holes in my section. Elite has handled them rather swiftly. Guess it depends on which section you're in.
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I do hope that the Raider fan took home an ***-whooping.
  6. PB Bolt

PB Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    Fill the place. Whatever it takes to keep the Chargers here. Bring them all to town and take their money. Except Green Bay fans. They're nomads, you know. Smell like cabbage. Small hands.
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I dont think he had sex for a few weeks, I heard him grunt after I let him have it, then I twisted my fist!
  8. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I had a stare down with an Elite Supervisor; I told him if he did not want to help us, then just leave, we will take care of it! A young Raider fan that was sitting in an aisle seat stood up and hit BoltFaninSanAntonio, my son saw it and when asked him about that. My son informed the Raider fan he had just hit a Purple Heart recipient. His response was "F**K The Militaryā€¯ Shortly after that is when Elite showed up and told us they were not going to do anything. The Raider fan behind me, who was cheering and carrying on when Marcus McNeil went down, told me that I should mind my own business, I asked him who in the F*** did he think he was to tell me what to do, He had the first punch, but I had the last.
  9. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    I thought you wiped your as* with your renewal form?
  10. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 3 / -0
    Got Tix for the Raiders game yet Dave?:sneaky:
  11. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I was going to, but I was not given the opportunity!
  12. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Ding Ding Ding
  13. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +230 / 22 / -3
    What a tragic event to have unfold.

Eh.. If you guys dont buy em.... maybe I can rally 14 Chief fans into makin a CALI roadtrip. Would be nice to see my team in their home environment. Arrowhead is a experience, but so far every game I have attended there has been a L as a result.
  14. boltfanatik

boltfanatik Toxic Minority Member

Ratings Received:
    +112 / 3 / -0
    Stay home this year!;)
  15. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    So you're pinning a lot of value on the connection between public perception of the GM's character and how positively or negatively they view the team as a whole. Gotcha.

Now, answer me this, would your opinion of AJ be any different if you weren't given the perception that he has a bad ego? Despite the track record being no different?
  16. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +230 / 22 / -3
    Well im hopin its jus Arrowhead that has some kind of jinx, would hate to go all the way to SD just to see KC win. That would be by far the worst Charger loss I have had the fortune to witness.
  17. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Yes, I may not think he was good at his job, but my hate towards him has to do with the fact that he is an *** hole
  18. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    But, according to you, this perception of him being an ******* only exists because the PR team isn't doing their job.

If the PR team is in as much control of that perception as you claim then we really have no way of knowing what kind of person AJ really is. We just know that the PR team allows him to be painted as a jerk in the media.

By the way, I don't give a **** what kind of person AJ is so long as he gets the job done. He looked to be getting the job done early in his career as Chargers GM, failed to do so for the past few years, and seems to have done a good job in this year's draft (results remain to be seen, however).
  19. Savage Lizard

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    Dude, you crack me up! I must have missed all your other posts that every other GM dealing with player tag/tender issues (MJD, Matt Forte, Brees, etc.) has an out of control ego. Because that's what seems to have informed the opinions of the "A.J.'s ego" crowd. The Gates tender, the V.J. and McNeil tenders, etc.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Also, if fans are only hating Chargers management because they view AJ as an egomaniac thanks to the PR team allowing that how do you explain all the hate for Norval?
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Shallow thinking.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Agree or disagree with any of the hate, I'm simply making the argument that it exists for more reasons than just people don't like the perception of AJ's ego given to them by the sports media.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    That is the whole point. The PR dept does have a ton of power in most organization, and their job is to ensure the org and all members of that org are seen in a positive way, even if it is complete BS. Unfortunately, they have dropped the ball and most fans who use to run around with the "In AJ I trust" bumper stickers, now hate the man
  24. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Funny how the GM of most teams aren't viewed as complete A-holes, even when the fans don't like the job he has done, or decisions he has made, but they don't usually hate the guy. AJ is hated by more of the Chargers fan base than just about every other GM in the league (I did say, just about, because I am sure there is one or 2 others that have a similar reputation)
  25. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    How would you propose they handle this in the face of on-field results that they are unable to cover up?

Especially when you consider they're already starting with a major uphill battle with Norval considering the reputation he brought with him.

I'd go as far as to postulate that had any other head coach came in and had the same exact results (both good and bad) as Norv has, or had this been Norv's first head coaching job, he wouldn't receive half the hate he does. He'd naturally have detractors, especially with the playoff failures, but it wouldn't be nearly as bad.
  26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +294 / 10 / -5
    Man... your meaningless drivel is teaching me a whole new appreciation for Ikeman. Whatever motivates people to view A.J. as an a-hole is of no consequence. Fans don't need to like him. Players don't need to like him. He is in charge of keeping the budget. Negotiators who are sweethearts will just get abused. Although fans will readily hero worship and idolize players, many many examples have shown that most of them are in it for themselves. Good for A.J. He has the interests of the football club as his highest priority... and that is as it should be.

Faak Eli
    Faak Archie
    Faak Petyon
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. Savage Lizard

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 22 / -1
    Because by and large it's monkey see, monkey do. Just because all the headline readers all jump on the hate A.J. bandwagon doesn't mean they have a point. I don't hate A.J., I see him as the same as mst every other GM, he's had his hits and his misses. Of course a lot of our fan base have unrealistic expectations, and have fixated on the overblown "ego" thing, but hey at least they feel like if they say that it will sound like they know something.
  28. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    1st, I agree with you about Norv, but I also full well believe that he has not helped his cause, but that is just his boring personality.

As for AJ, it comes down to what he says. If it wasn't for comments like he made about LT, and not needing a hall of fame RB, when at the time LT was the fan favorite on the team, fans wouldn't be as upset with AJ. But he makes back handed comments quite often, while most GM take the high road even when the players make lame comments, the GM's usually don't stoop to that level, AJ does and that very much should be controlled by the PR dept
  29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    Ohhhh thats low..... :eek: