1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers say Moss gathers no fears

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    By Jay Posner
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    September 7, 2006

It's not as if Randy Moss is the only star receiver the Chargers will face in 2006.

“It's the NFL, man,” free safety Marlon McCree said. “It's not high school or college where you play Florida one week and Vanderbilt the next.”

In the world of NFL receivers, however, a healthy Moss is Florida, Texas, Ohio State and any other powerhouse all wrapped up in one scary silver-and-black package. And to many Chargers fans, their team's secondary has been, well, Vanderbilt.

But that's in the past, according to the Chargers, who will have every opportunity to verify their improvement beginning with Monday night's season opener against Moss and the rest of the Oakland Raiders.

This year, it seems schedule works in favor of Chargers
    Charger refuses to speak to police
    LT eager to start season, especially against Oakland
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chargers Football Xtra: How they compare: Steve Foley vs. Shaun Phillips

“I feel very confident,” said McCree, a six-year veteran who is the only newcomer starting on the San Diego defense. “I think this secondary's going to do really well. I think we're going to hold up our end of the bargain this year. I think we'll be a big part of why this team has a lot of success in the postseason.”

Said coach Marty Schottenheimer: “I've been very pleased with their development, and the addition of Marlon McCree has been a big part of that.”

McCree has taken over for Bhawoh Jue opposite strong safety Terrence Kiel, who was hampered by injuries last season but showed improved coverage skills this summer. The cornerbacks remain Quentin Jammer and Drayton Florence, with No. 1 draft choice Antonio Cromartie replacing Jamar Fletcher as the nickel back.

Click the link for the full article
    http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/chargers/20060907-9999-1s7chargers.html
  2. Teutonic13

Teutonic13 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Did You Say- "Moss Gathers No Queers?"