1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers sign Donald Brown RB from Colts

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by MadMike, Mar 11, 2014.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 37 / -21
    I understand all of that, so lets return to the point of my original post.........the only thing I fear is that the desire to keep Clary (a desire of which Ghelkin and Acee have led us to believe exists) will impact who the Chargers fill the rest of the roster with.

For example we're seeing a lot of fringe guys with histories of underachievement and injury signing league minimum contracts, is that because Telesco really likes David Johnson, or because he's afraid to extend the dollar to a better player because it might lead to the release of Clary?

We have plenty of time to release him, the question is how far are we bending over right now to keep him?

Yes I know it's a deep thought, the sick inner musings of a man who drives 9 hours a day.;)

Last edited: Mar 14, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    I do believe D-Brown is going to give RM even more opportunity to be explosive and longevity as the season wears on. It's a long way to opening day and no big hurry in making decision that can come back and bite ones own arse. Winners are what I want to see both signed and re-signed and who the hell cares what they call themselves other than Lombardi Champs? JMHO....

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1
    In other words, you're just kind of paranoid right now.

I don't believe in complaining about something until it actually happens. (Or in this case doesn't happen).

And even if week 1 comes and Clary is on the roster we don't truly know if it's because TT and company truly like him or if it's because they made an honest attempt to get an improvement but failed, forcing them to go with what they've got (it takes two to agree to a contract, contrary to popular belief shopping for free agents isn't like shopping at Wal-Mart where you can buy whatever you want so long as you have the money).

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 37 / -21
    Premature whining or not, I don't believe in hiring a maid for $300/hr who dusts cabinets but doesn't mop floors.

I understand your point, but understand mine as well, there are a ton of half *** maids who run cheaper rates.

5. NYCharger

NYCharger BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +42 / 2 / -0
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,606 / 29 / -1
    My argument is those hypothetical cheaper maids may not be as available to us as you're insinuating.

But I suppose if you value our current backups to be as good or better than Clary then it makes sense from your vantage point if we already have one on the roster.

• Like Like x 1
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 37 / -21
    Indeed, I believe Troutman showed in his 9 starts that he is competent enough to be at least a quality backup. It helps that he is much younger, he could improve dramatically in year 3.

8. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Just think Harris was pulling duty before his injury when the Trout was then called to duty. A lot of things can change between now and opening day and it looks like all is going to plan. The old cannonball splash may be fun to watch until you're the getting all wet.

9. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    It took a couple reads for this expression to make sense to me. But now I love it!:D

10. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Damn, my proof reading needs proof reading and that's only the beginning of it.

11. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Troutman is a turnstile and helped cost us an appearance in the AFC championship game. The knock on him has always been pass protection. He is a liability and needs to be cut ASAP.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Actually having not lost a single fumble in 595 career carries and 91 career receptions is a very flashy statistic.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,214 / 37 / -21
    :D Ha yes, his 1 attempt at RG was ugly I'll give you that, but the rest of his season (I believe about 700 snaps at LG) was solid.

And consider he didn't play at all as a rookie, there is upside there.

14. And_1

And_1 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    My take on this signing is that I really like it. Initially I had a problem with it because I was hoping if Tre Mason fell to third (unlikely), we could pick him up. Still have trust in Telesco though.

15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings:
    +2,865 / 48 / -26
    Personally, I thought it was a stupid decision to make Troutman to play RG in that game, instead of LG, the only position he had played. He's got enough issues as it is, without adding to them.

16. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Agreed, had no clue what that was all about. King Dunlap and Johnnie Troutman formed a solid duo on the left side of the OL, Dunlap went down and Rinehart continue to be out and Troutman played great at LG. His first start at RG was butt ugly. If anything that was on the Joe D.