1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers tell fans to "take a chill pill"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 18, 2012.

1. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +260 / 4 / -2
    True.

I actually felt a little like a Raider fan Monday night. To lose in such an embarrassing fashion is something Oakland fans might be used to, but it was a hard pill for me to swallow.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Couldn't agree more Sweety !!!! .........Ohhhhh shite, did I say that aloud ????????
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    I wouldn't want Gruden to begin with. The guy is terribly overrated and most people only seem to like him because of his personality.

Well, after having to sit through listening to him swinging from Peyton's sack while he was doing some of the most bias commentary I've ever heard on Monday Night Football, I don't want that POS anywhere near my team. Not to mention he's horribly unrealistic to begin with since he has something like a $15-plus million buyout in order to get out of his contract with ABC/ESPN prematurely. There's no way in HELL Dean's shelling out that kind of scratch and then a hefty salary for Gruden on top of it.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Gawdddd damn it woman..... Your set for a long-running bout of screaming, if ever I heard one.

Have you provided those within close proximity ear-muffs at least ?????

P.s ....and don't forget "that" pill ( no, the other one) tonight or the shite is really gonna hit the proverbial.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    When was the last time Deaner seemed to have "a plan" for anything that's worked out for the good of this organisation ????

Did I just hear you say ...NEVER ???

OK, we're all good then. :)
  6. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Correct, as much as I hate to admit it ........I'd be more than a little happy to see Norf's arse carting his Beveley Hillybilly mobile up Hwy 5 towards Bakersfield, but right now it's gonna amount to nothing but another "interim" situation and that in the long run isn't what's needed.

Wait to see what's out there when the pickin's are best and hopefully The Deaner gets a clue between now and then and shows some semblance of being a decent Football franchise owner ....( hey, a Man has got to be able to dream, doesn't he !!!)

P.s.s ........Norf, you CAN leave the daughter in San Diego though........that is totally acceptable.
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Are you suggesting that Norf and his Missus partake in kinky stuff behind closed curtains ?????
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    **** Bill Johnston & the Charger he rode in on.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    maybe it was a Jackass/Donkey and not a Charger he was riding Bucko ???
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,551 / 44 / -6
    I can't speak on behalf Of Dean Spanos nor can I elaborate on his thoughts. I do know that AJ has full control of the reigns at this point and have to question if his decision for a new HC would be any better than Deanos. Dig????
  11. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    ....... and AJ has that power because of Dean Spanos ......dig ? ( not since I gave horticulture at the St Louis Zoo away back in '06, but I feel ya )
  12. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Again... If you allow your PR Director to distribute a message of any kind then it means it is coming from the organization as a whole. It is not an "opinion" piece as Johnston is suggesting. It is a message from Dean Spanos to you (the customer). Like it or not we are customers. We choose to purchase the product that Dean is putting on the field.

So regardless of whose idea this was, all feedback should be directed to Dean Spanos... not his PR guy who is now trying to put out the fire that he dumped 1,000 gallons of gas on. This is an absurd way to try to appease your customer.

AJ smith just did his interview that gave us the info we needed. We learned that he is not happy, that he understands the consequences of another year without the playoffs, and that he is not sparing anyone in his criticism of the team's poor play. Johnston should have never been allowed to post his "opinion".

Spanos doesn't care about your opinion or mine. You can show him your true opinion by either continuing to purchase his product or not.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Here is the response he sent me

David,

Thank you for taking the time to write. And thank you for such a well-written point of view. Thank for that and for being the fan you are and have been.

Like you, I've been a fan for a long time (since the 70s). I wrote that from the heart as a fan – not as the PR director, but unfortunately they listed my title making it look “official” – in hopes of reminding all of us that we’re 3-3 with 10 to go and right in the middle of the division race. I did not mean to criticize anyone for being upset. That is their right. I know I upset some folks, but that was not my intention.

Bottom line, everyone at the Chargers is just as disappointed as our fans. I can attest that no one here is going to settle for this. As a fan of this team, I’m with you in saying this team needs to play better. In this business, winning is the only thing that matters. Chargers fans just want the team to win and it’s on the Chargers to make that happen.

Hopefully the day comes sooner than later when we can all celebrate a SB championship together. Thanks for writing and caring.

Touch base anytime.

b
  14. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280 / 12 / -5
    Hmmm...

I don't doubt that he "wrote that from the heart as a fan". Problem is, he's with the organization and it makes it look like he's talking down to the people that support the team. That's what I didn't like.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Why dont you cry to me about how you dont like the uniforms too? :rolleyes:

Get over it. I can have what I want for an avatar as long as it doesnt violate the TOS. If you dont like to too damn bad.
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    he might have political aspects in his future and is learning how to flip flop on the fly.
  17. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +827 / 22 / -1
    You act like I post that daily, it's been awhile and only when someone else brings it up. But yes, they do still suck.

"Fans" who wear bags on their heads, or otherwise represent such a thing are weak *** fans. AND worse, they are unoriginal weak *** fans since they are just copying the original weak *** fans in New Orleans. If any of this applies to anyone on this board, they are weak *** fans. If you have no problem representing what a weak *** fan you are to the rest of the forum, I guess that's your call.

Also, next time they invite you to training camp make sure to share with them that you used a bag head as an avatar, I'm sure they will appreciate it.
  18. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    if we had his email address................
  19. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Try dean.spanos@chargers.com or dean@chargers .com or dspanos@chargers.com or... Well you get the idea.

But he likely wouldn't' read it because he's completely disinterested in our point of view.
  20. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Yep. It was a rookie move by an experienced veteran of the business.

Whoa! Wait a minute! I think I see a trend here!

Clown Show from top to bottom.
  21. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings Received:
    +827 / 22 / -1
    I used that method with the Padres once and got a phone call from someone who worked for Sandy Alderson, so it worked. I also used it with the Chargers once and got a return e-mail from Jim Steeg. I don't remember the format for the first part, but the second part was either @nfl.chargers.com or @chargers.nfl.com. Good luck!
  22. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Thank you again for expressing your opinion on the matter. Noted. Tried to give a damn but cant... Moving on.
  23. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,690 / 44 / -26
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,690 / 44 / -26
  25. ChargerMike

ChargerMike BoltBruthaFromAnuthMutha

Ratings Received:
    +185 / 1 / -0
    Fans will take a "Chill Pill" alright.......with Blackouts. :poop:
  26. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    Bill Johnston: Masterful troll.
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,690 / 44 / -26
  28. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
  29. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    I think everyone should go online and buy a bottle of vitamin C and have it sent to the Chargers as a 'chill pill':abq2:
  30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    Honestly, I DONT want to have a organization running my favorite Football team that collapses to the Crys of *alleged Fans* and still puts a product on the field that is bound to fail anyway. ALSO why all the head callin, when we all know they heard us last year and this IS the year for Norv and/or AJ AND your favorite whipping boy Clary.