1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Chargers tell fans to "take a chill pill"

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Blue Bolt, Oct 18, 2012.

1. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    in reality it is very unlikely that AJ and Norv will be gone. AJ wants total control of the coaches and Norv gave it to him. Dean doesn't want to get rid of Norv because he isn't being bothered by AJ running into his office tattling on Norv as he was doing with Marty. There is a lot of stability for AJ and Norv as long as Dean is at peace.
  2. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    I only just read this article and thanks for posting. I found alot of what he said to be SPOT on.

First of all Twitter wasnt invented for that, the Inet was.

People who are bitching too much about not that big a deal, WHY isnt the Chargers HISTORIC tendancy to lose earlly and win when its on the line late being factored into your hate? I hate Norv too, why isnt this annomoly that isnt just Norv-centric but in fact CHARGER-centric being used as ammo? I could see the Head chop callers point a little bit more if they were CRYING at the result of ALL those lost causes of seasons and even would overlook channeling it all into Norvs fault.

Agree H(ard)C(ore) that sitting .500 in the AFC along with 13 other teams isnt time for Domsaying. The time to say **** Rivers ****** FIRE Norv AJ blows etc, isnt 1/3 of the way into ANY season. Save it for when/if the team gets elimenated from PO contention.

OMFG he hits it home with this last bolded statement. If you love the Chargers (as close as you can love a inanimate immaterial object/item) as much as a human being, then you wont spit in their face and laugh when they dont live up to their own standards. You wouldnt rub Salt in your grandfathers bedsores for being old would you? NO! You dont do that, not if you truely love them for who they are. You know you can love something and also dream that it changes to something you love even more.

Rant over. Flame and baste away.
  3. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    All the rest just dont even compare to the volume of enjoyment you can tap out of a Football game. (all forms that use a oblong ball)
  4. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Your on the ball with that call my friend ....... :tup:

Though Womens Beach Volleyball (from Brazil in particular), DOES have its very "good points". ;)
  5. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    I wont lie. I was cheering for Brazil vs US in the little bit of Olympics I (Happened) to catch myself watching. Or was it Spain...
  6. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    After having time to ponder the situation I have calmed down and thought about things. Now that I have, I can honestly say that Bill Johnston can STILL suck it!
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    I like that you took the time to be most rational Doug, takes a big man to show that kind of patience.
  8. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +781 / 54 / -41
    Well, Spain ...Brazil, toe-mart-toe, toe-mate-toe, same ol' same ol' ......................mind you, wasnt one of the American chickies preggo it was later discovered ????

OK, thats kinda Hawt.
  9. Skuzzlebutt

Skuzzlebutt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 2 / -0
    Its not like all his points are incorrect. But the most important ones should never come from the organization.

If this 3-3 season was in a vacuum, then his points are much better. It is still true we are in the thick of the playoff hunt. But it is HOW we have gotten to 3-3. It is what has happened over the past 2 seasons. Its Norv. Its Phil's turnovers. Its everything that has gotten us to this point.

Can we rally and put together 7 out of 10 wins? Yes. Are there data points that tell us we should/will? I don't see many.
  10. CajonZonie

CajonZonie BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Well put. Who is this guy? Is he strictly commenting as a chargers employee? I'd like to test his belief in this team and organization outside what he is paid to write. He speaks as though we aren't part of a multi-generational fan base, that we weren't hanging our heads in disappointment at the conclusion of the 94 season, or for any season following! This man obviously has never been to mine or any member of my family's house on a Sunday after a Charger loss. Especially ones as frustrating and embarrassing as the past two "drops". Tread lightly on this one dude.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    oh not me... I live in regret-ville
  12. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    I tried taking my daily chill pill, its stuck to my hands. Does anyone know how to seperate the chill pill from my hands without damaging the gell coating on the pill? Whatever that substance is, its some nasty stuff. The last time I I let that stuff sit there, in dang near ate its way all the way through my glass coffee table.
  13. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    Take a Chill Pill fas, we are trying new and exciting ways to cheat...
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Film at 5:00
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I agree with Acee (never thought I'd say that) absolutely the wrong messenger, but the message itself was spot on.

I can only imagine the incessant vitriol and hate-mail/tweets/fb posts/etc... that Bill Johnston has to suffer through. From the little bit that I see via my own feeds/pages it's pretty awful. It's not an excuse for him being unprofessional (which posting that letter was) but I can certainly understand where he's coming from. I often feel the same way, I don't see the point in tearing people down and being mean and nasty when what you ultimately want is for them to succeed. However, he made a mistake by publicly saying what he did. His words speak for the organization and solid fans (like you) are the ones he's ended up alienating, not the assholes he's really frustrated with.
  16. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    Now then, if this happened in Baltimore, Philly or New York, how do you think the fans would have reacted?
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,551 / 44 / -6
    Just CHILL the Fawk out. I'm convinced that no matter What Bill Johnston said it would be dissected, scrutinized and analyzed beyond comprehension on this MB. I also believe that some of y'all just love to hate anything and all that is Chargers just because you can and I truly wish you'd just go find another club to b1tch about.
  18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I dont know and I don't really care. I still don't think its acceptable adult behavior to throw temper tantrums and be inccesantly mean and nasty to others just b/c you're frustrated and upset over the results (or lack thereof) a sports team. If they reacted by jumping off bridges would that make it ok for us to do it too? :p

There is a difference between being a passionate fan and just being a straight up *******.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,686 / 39 / -8
    So half the time we point at the fans from those areas and talk about what emotional wrecks and clowns they are. They when fitting they are held as your paragon of fandom?

That is a bit wishy washy, you sure you are not running for political office? ;)
  20. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    If Bill Johnston would have said that to any of those fans back east, he would be looking for a new job today. Maybe Mike Royko was right about San Diego fans. Because Bill Johnston caught hell for saying what he did, he deserves everything he gets!
  21. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Told ya'

Here's how you locals need to respond...

Go to the game on thurs. (if you already have tix)

Wait until after kickoff... Then launch as many pills as you can onto the field.... And leave.

This is the worst team in the NFL.
  22. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings Received:
    +1,912 / 4 / -6
    OR

seeing how Halloween was the day before, dress up as a Chill Pill
  23. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    [​IMG]
  24. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Whatever works for ya'

The most important part is when you leave after kickoff.