Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Concudan, Nov 1, 2009.
Please do not let them throw a 31 yard pass.
Game over Raiders!
13th on a row, and a game picked up on the Donkeys.
13 IN A ROW BABY!!!
sweet game over, time for bed!
I'm still disappointed that it was a single-score game but I'll take a win. The D was inconsistent and there were a couple of big screw-ups on special teams but the offense played great for the most part.
My streak stays alive of posting in the gameday thread and getting a W.
midnight for me but im sick so shuda been in bed ages ago lol
Call out an APB on our defense, do we really have one????
a win, but an ugly win
waiting for a surprise in New York next week
Our defense sucks.
Yes indeed 4 minutes to 1 a.m
A win is a win. Don't care how we get it. So let's not try not to rag too much this week about how we should have won by 100 points.
Any win is a good win at this point.
And, with the Donks throwing a stinker today we're now within 2, and the Giants are struggling.
It ain't over!
I'm with ya Tom, nite nite, here's to a big day in NYC next week, at least it is a late game for our Bolts!!.
we wont go far with our defense. Hell no one else would either.
Second Half Thoughts
1. There's no reason that second half had to be as nerve wracking as it was. This team continues to basically play half a game of football - they seem to be incapable of playing hard all game long.
1.5. This team continues to appear to play down to their opponents.
2. It is nice to see the Chargers, though, step up and drive all the way down the field when they had to.
3. Also nice to see the defense keep fighting and hold the raiders to field goals
4. The above was almost worth it to see Louis Murphy and Darrius Heyward Bey on a 3rd and infinity collide with each other on a crossing route. That was funnier then a clown beating a bunch of smurfs to death with a pinata.
5. Good to see Merriman and Phillips get some sacks along with Gregory for the second week in a row.
6. Raiders continue to suck
7. We win but Norv's digging himself a very very VERY deep hole to get out of this off-season. He's going to come up for discussion because the team won't leave him with one year left on his contract. And its games like this, where even with a win we didn't play to our level, that's going to make it hard to keep him in San Diego.
8. Now we get to find what this team's made up in the next two weeks.
a little too close for comfort but a win is a win.
And we play a Giants team next week who seem to be a bit of a mess right now
Whew. Closer than it needed to be.
Another year another two wins against the Raiders. 6 years in a row!!!!
Don't forget that when it is Raiduh week for us, it is Charger week for them. Do you not think they play us harder than any other team they face? I think the dislike is mutual. A couple of freak plays, Jacksons deflection for an interception, a Sproles fumble. Things happen. The win is good. :icon_toast:
WE ARE IN THE RECORD BOOKS, AGAIN.
Our defense sucks hind end.
If we could play worse on defense I'd be surprised.
I think you need to stop kidding yourself, the Chargers just arn't that good.
They do have a good defense but I saw an offensive side that could and did move the ball at will when they wanted to and was creative on play calling. Just as mentioned seemed like they stopped caring after a while. And yeah I agree I'll take a win to extend our streak but still just noting the issues
The Dud's almost come back on us????
I agree Ant, but let's not forget that as bad as the faiders are, they have a pretty good defense.
I thought we got we needed to get out of the defense. I like the improvement on that side of the ball. I still wish we could make a drive on offense like we did in the 4th quarter.
all & all
I'll take it
I agree.When the derrrrs play us,I think they beleive it's the Superbowl
Separate names with a comma.