1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Congrats Bochy!

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Fouts, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -0
    Rooting for you in the World Series!
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    I'm not.

I've seen enough ex-San Diego sports people get rings with other teams. I'd rather not add Bochy to that list.
  3. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -0
    One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of Grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a One, Two, Three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour." -Aesop.

It is easy to despise what you cannot get.
  4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    It is easy to despise what you cannot get but that won't stop me from despising it.
  5. Fouts

Fouts Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +154 / 3 / -0
    True, I just wanted to bust out some Aesop. :)
  6. Ekdog

Ekdog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 1 / -4
    I agree. First of all, Bochy was treated shabbily by the Padres, so I wish him success. Also, as a Californian, I tend to root for teams from our state (except for the Raiders) and, last but not least, I can't stand the backward, redneck, racist and ignorant state of Texas. GO GIANTS!
  7. PowderBlueDeath

PowderBlueDeath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I don't hate the Giants like I do the Dodgers and it's nice to see an NL West team win it all after being completely dismissed by the media.
  8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    It's ignorant to stereotype a population of over 24 million people into one rash generalization.

The only thing that prevents it from being racism is that "Texan" isn't a race, but it's the same general concept that racists apply to the races they hate.

If I came in here and said I hate black people because they all eat chicken and listen to hip hop I'm sure that wouldn't be received well and I'd receive a hefty ban, so why is it acceptable to call a group of more than 24 million people racists, ignorant, redneck, and backward when the only thing they have in common is the state they live in?