1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cromartie trade rumors starting up...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by matilack, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Workplay

Workplay scompl

Ratings Received:
    +65 / 2 / -0
    We should trade him to the Raiders. Al Davis gave up his 2011 1st round pick for Richard Seymour who's now a free agent.

I'm sure Cro would fit in great with the Raiders, so it's good for everybody! :icon_rofl:
  2. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Because he has no value, who is going to want him bad enough to make a reasonable offer? Realistically we would probably net a 3-4th round pick plus a conditional pick if certain incentives were met. Who would replace him if we dumped him off, would be better off if Cason was starting? Would we be better off starting a rookie CB?

No
  3. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,687 / 39 / -8
    Same crap people said about Jammer...
  4. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,568 / 27 / -1
    True. But the difference between Jammer and Cromartie is Jammer wasn't afraid to hit.

In fact, his problem was quite the opposite. Too many PI calls that he eventually toned down on.

I'm not in the crowd that believes we should sell Cro to the lowest bidder, but I wouldn't be upset to see him go.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    Probably

Maybe

We know what Cromartie is. A lazy, average cover corner with zero tackling skills and an incredible fear of contact.

At this point, I'd take an average cover corner with with average tackling skills and a desire to learn and get better.
  6. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Jammer always gave 100%, Cromartie not so much. I had no problem defending Jammer back in those days, but I can't find a reason to defend Cromartie anymore (and I wanted AJ to draft him).
  7. NatroneMeansBusiness

NatroneMeansBusiness BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Don't get me wrong I would be happy to deal Cromartie for 2nd round pick but I just don't see that happening, (but in fairness I didn't see the Bears dealing away that high of a pick for G. Adams either.) IMO I think Cromartie is more valuable to the team compared to a lower draft pick(s) who run the risk of not even making the team.
  8. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Shipping Cromartie out for anything other than a good player or very high draft pick would be IMO retarded. I mean seriously. Yes, he is a liability with his fear of tackling, but is Cason anymore of a sure thing with his lack of cover skills he has shown when he comes in? I mean come on, as soon as Cason comes in opposing teams go right after him and for the most part he gets abused.

I for one, think that there are other people on this team that need to be shipped out before shipping out a guy that rarely gives up big plays deep. I mean think about it we have little to no pass rush in a scheme that is designed to get to the QB. Cro is probably the fastest CB in the NFL, with above average cover skills. Cason is tremendously slower, and has shown less cover skills, but better tackling.....You pick.
  9. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Cason was only in his 2nd season. For a 2nd year player he looked good.

I wouldn't deal Cromartie for nothing but I'd actively look for a good deal for this club. Of course what some people consider is a good deal isn't going to be the same.
  10. Bolt-tastic voyage

Bolt-tastic voyage BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't give a rat's A#* if we flat out cut him. This is Tackle Football for cryin' out loud. If you don't want to tackle, play baseball or at the very least get the hell off our team! And be some other team's liability.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,554 / 44 / -6
    I wasn't very happy with Crow's play against the Jet's, heck all year for that matter. If we get stuck with him I hope he has to win a job for playing time. Any more of the matador tackling and sit him on the pine.
  12. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    ?? Cason looked good? There is a reason why he has a hard time getting on the field, even in nickel situations. And im pretty sure it's not because he looked good this year.
  13. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0

Yeaaaaah. LOL but very, very true.
  14. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    how about signing Seymour?
  15. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I said he looks good for a 2nd year player, he still has room for improvement.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    Ok now that the Super Bowl is over can we get back to business and get to trading Cromartie.
    • Like Like x 1
  17. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    He definitely showed improved play in the limited time we saw him, coaches seemed to think so as well in their comments after the games. Maybe Cason just needed a smack upside the head - at the very least I don't think we will be in much trouble (or as much) and what some people suggest trading CromARtie will do
  18. Zot

Zot Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    If we got a lump of coal and a quarter for him I'd be stoked.

Later
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Haterproof2020

Haterproof2020 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    that makes no sense, why would we get a inside linebacker when we got all types of other needs.
  20. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    some folks don't believe Coop, Burnett, Siler, Dobbins are enough I guess....

:icon_shrug:

I'm sticking with my dream trade - straight up Cro for Nnamdi hehehe :yes: c'mon AJ you can do it! Al loves him some crazy 40 times!
  21. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,104 / 34 / -21
    Its not going to happen. Nnamdi is the highest paid corner in the NFL right now, we'd have to pay him well over 20 million over the next 2yrs, and we already have a first round pick waiting in the wings to take over for Cromartie.

AJ is a draft guy, if Cro goes it will be for draft picks.

Long live Al Davis and his senility!
  22. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    A girl can dream right???? :lol:

I want Kirk Morrison and Nnamdi on our side :yes: fingers crossed!

:icon_party:
  23. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    I agree a Million% and more. :tup: :icon_toast:They are the only Raider Players to include possibly Richard Seymour as Chargers.
  24. RipTheJacker

RipTheJacker Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    I wonder if there is any way to trade Cro for Marion Barber. I dont think barber is great or anything, but hes a perfect fit for norvs offense and is a great compliment back to sproles
  25. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    I was kinda thinking Michael Bush and a 2nd
  26. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,568 / 27 / -1
    I can't imagine Cromartie willingly coming in home with a catcher waiting for him to take him out.
  27. LT-Express

Ratings Received:
    +316 / 1 / -0
    Your right there is still room for improvement....Problem is there is an AWFUL LOT of improvement that needs to be made in order for him to be a solid or good NFL CB. I am not a Cason hater, I actually think he can be good, but the fact of starting a guy who has less experience, less cover skills, and not as much speed, just because he is a better tackler makes me cringe at how bad this defense will be next year against the pass.
  28. karter56

karter56 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I just want a corner who isn't afraid to play tight and give his all on every down. You give up a lot of yards when you play off the line of scrimmage 12 yards. I'm sick of Cro's laziness on the field. I think he thinks he is so good he doesn't have to try that hard.
  29. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,568 / 27 / -1
    I'll be honest, I really don't mind a good cover corner that's not a good tackler as long as he makes up for it with his coverage skills. My theory is, if your CB is making the tackle your defense is screwing up anyways. (Save the occasional CB blitz)

That being said, I expect the CB to at least give it a full effort attempt and if he's just not good at it then he's just not good at it.

Cromartie embarrasses us because he doesn't even seem to try to tackle.
  30. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    You're underrating Cason. Speed isn't really that important, Jammer has less speed but he's a much better corner than Cromartie.

If you're not going to give 100% effort in a playoff game you shouldn't be here. I could see if it was a mid season game but it was the playoffs and he has a pattern of not giving full effort.

And it's not like Cromartie was a superstar in coverage, he was good but there's no reason to think that Cason couldn't be as good either.

But unlike others here I wouldn't trade Cromartie just to trade him, but it's clear he's not in future plans. We're not going to pay him the money he'll want so we should look into getting quality value in return.