1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cromartie

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by pure-sol, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +413 / 7 / -1
    I think his problem is between his ears. I reckon his hip is fine.
  2. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    Run D has to get better...Bell shouldnt be running on us when we chant "You Cant Run". Even Madden made a comment on that.
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,550 / 7 / -2
    Those jackasses should have dropped the "you cant run" chant when Peterson proved "OH YES I CAN RUN" all over the D last year
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Messages from Deion "The Matador" Sanders have been hypnotizing Cromartie all year. Bench him. And use his money to sign Sproles. Cason takes Cro's spot. Then draft Taylor Mays if he's available.
  5. BoltzRule

BoltzRule Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    He had one good play. The one where he tipped the ball, and he wasn't that awful yesterday. At least he didn't give up 18 catches this time. The thing with Cro is he makes plays in bunches, unfortunately for him he hasn't experienced that this season. Hopefully he turns it around this week and shows why Manning was having nightmares last season.
  6. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Cro needs to have a great game...Manning will come after him. Expect to see Cro's number all day! Cro is due for a good game!:tup:
  7. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    That's the play I'm talking about. He tried to one hand the ball and missed it! He could have easily gotten two hands on it and taken it to the house.
  8. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    It would have been a hard pick regardless, but at least he was in the right position. **** I doubt he'd get so much **** if at least he was in position and deflecting the balls more often.

Well maybe not Jammer got all kinds of **** even when he was playing well.

I don't know, I guess I'm not like the rest I don't have a hate for Cro and feel like he's close to turning the corner, and I don't think we'll see a 10 int type year again but that's a lot to expect. Plus I wanted us to draft him (wanted Cason and Jammer too) so I guess I feel like I have to defend him when possible.

But anyways this is only his 3rd year and he was a raw player when we got him (played very little in college). We got spoiled by last season and all the hype and he probably bought into it hopefully this season will end up being a huge reality check.
  9. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I have too much faith in him, but imo he's no Sammy Davis or Jerry Wilson where there was no doubt they sucked and there was zero chance that would change. He has the talent he just has to get it rolling, all it can take is 1 int and he could go off in a roll. **** if there was any better time for him to step up it would be now.
  10. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    I agree...I'm still a Cro supporter! I'm not giving up on him...he is still young and will deliver!:yes:
  11. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Glad I'm not the only one. Hopefully our faith pays off. :icon_toast:
  12. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +709 / 2 / -0
    I don't think anyone is giving up on Cro. I for one am just concerned that he is going to hurt us more than help us at this point. But who knows, maybe he will be the one who will get into Peytons head this Saturday by getting a pick or 2.
  13. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +413 / 7 / -1
    Agree... I'm certainly not giving up on him per se. It's just he is not helping us right now at CB. In fact were he to get some time on O instead that might benefit us. Imagine him taking the pitch from LT ala VJ!?.

I look forward to a D backfield of Cason and Jammer at the corners and Weddle and Oliver the safeties. Cletis and Gregory can come in as and when required.
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I'm not giving up entirely, but if we could boost our draft picks by trading him I'd jump on it. :tup:

Between Deion's "advice" & Cottrell's BS schemes, Cro has lost his mojo. :icon_sad:
  15. Bergo23

Bergo23 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    what was Deion's "advice" is it something specific or are you referring to his general Idolatry of Prime Time (not the least of which is his sissy non tackling during a game, he avoids contact at ALL COSTS)
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    It's been documented that Cro is one of the players that Deion has "taken under his wing". If that's the case, I'm sure that Cro is getting coached up by Deion. Not a good thing, IMO. Cro has had to deal with a poor coach in Cottrell as well.

The kid has mad athletic skills, no doubt. I hope that he puts his game together. But he should stay away from Deion. No good will come of that. :no:
  17. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    That sounds a lot like giving up on him to me. :lol:
  18. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Jammer on his website has admitted that Cro has been playing hurt all season long. I think it was a "perfect storm" of events that has led Cro to this disappointing season.

* Last year was too easy which is poison to a young inexperienced player. Cro thought he could excel on talent alone. He was wrong.

* Fat Teddy's scheme has made a lot of good players look like **** this year.

* Deion Sanders the king of all selfish players takes Cro under his wing.

* He has been playing all year with a bad hip.

I still think that Cro has what it takes to be something special. What he needs to do this off season is hang out with Jammer and not Prime Time. Spend his time on the fundamentals of tackling, press coverage, and jamming WR's at the LOS and not spending his time making stupid 15 int predictions.
  19. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I do as well. He was expected to do wonderful things this season. He didn't, but you don't lose all that talent and ability in one off season.
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    I just want to point out. If we had given up on Jammer the many seasons the 'fans' wanted the Chargers to, another team would have a really good secondary player right now.
  21. Kwak

Kwak ....

Ratings Received:
    +609 / 0 / -0
    sdchrger hit all the main issues.

Yeah, the bad hip. Should have put him on the rack for a few games to let him heal.

My Boy will come around. He has looked better the past few games. I am looking for him to get out of his funk and step up in the colts game. :abq2:
  22. antipsychotic

antipsychotic BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Cro was playing like, and for Deon well before Deon "took him under his wings"

We see it every time he fades away from incoming ball carriers. Or when he unsuccessfully attempted to down the ball ,while show boating, on the Vikings 1 yard line last year.

When he pushes away teammates who interfere with his celebrations.

Even this last Denver game Cro had a chance to go up with two hands for a pick but instead he wanted to make the prime time highlight reel with a one hand Int.

Love Cro's talent, but if he doesn't get us 6-plus picks a year then he is a liability, as has been the case this year.
    • Like Like x 1
  23. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    He's a fuking peacock!!! Plain and simple.
    What do you expect when he's buddying up with Deion?

First he makes that stupid prediction in the beginning of the season, then it's all down hill from there.

Biggest thing I've noticed is that he's playing for himself. We don't have the pass rush that we had last season so he needs to play more conservatively as opposed to aggressively.
    ei: Too many times, he went for the interception instead of breaking up the pass and he got burned.

Deion has taught him that CBs don't tackle.

He needs to prove that 07 was not a fluke. Otherwise.. off to the glue factory!
    So glad we didn't extend his contract last season.

About the injury... If he was playing to a percentage of the player we saw last season, that would be taken into consideration but he's been for most part, a non factor all season.
  24. antipsychotic

antipsychotic BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    No mercy for your adopted player:icon_toast:
  25. Retired Catholic

Retired Catholic BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +347 / 0 / -0
    I suspect that under Rivera, a number of players will be playing differently-as in better. I am inclined to cut him some slack because of the hip. The only time someone should be allowed to play through an injury is if that injury doesn't interfere with quality of play or risk further damage. With Cason playing the way he is, Cromartie should have been on the bench for a while.
  26. BoltzRule

Ratings Received:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Sometimes that's the problem when young players have success so early, then you add an injury that really limits what you do best and it can be a disaster as we've seen. How he recovers from this season is really key. What will he focus on in the off-season and what will he do to better himself as a player.

I'm sure this season has been a shock to his system.
    • Like Like x 1
  27. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    AGAIN... He's a fu.cking retard.
  28. !~BOLT~!

!~BOLT~! Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 1 / -0
    Missed two int's, slept on a wayne go route, but at least he doesn't sacrifice his body to make tackles, oh wait that's not good either.

He's consistant, he constantly lets guys get a few yards while heading out of bounds on the sideline.
  29. WeStrikeSunday

WeStrikeSunday BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Cromartie, I know hes talented, but I wish he would use the talent. Tonight wasn't his game. Maybe next week.

WEDDLE rocked tonight though!
  30. Yngwie77

Yngwie77 New Member

Ratings Received:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    He did kick ***.. Weddle was on his game...today was the reason AJ drafted him...and it paid off