1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

D.J. Fluker signed...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Jun 5, 2013.

1. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Ok, since you can read my mind please tell me what I want to eat right now because I'm hungry.

Or...am I even hungry? I don't know because you know what I think more than I do.
  2. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    I mean, did you even read the posts you were responding to?

Like the one that says PLAIN AS ******* DAY "even if it wasn't intended as such"?

You can't even comprehend what you're reading yet you're pretending to comprehend what someone else is thinking over the internet.

What a joke.
  3. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    And yet that is exactly what is happening, I suggest Fluker will struggle early and often at RT and it gets taken to the next level with this...
    We got a lot of drama queens around here who hear the word smoke and scream FIRE! And really I'm tired of it. There is no reason to attack me because I think Fluker ends up playing guard, and then have the gol to give actual reasons why I believe it.
  4. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Newsflash to the narcissistic *******. Just because some of our conversations in the past have led to me taking the optimistic approach doesn't mean that's how I respond to everybody everywhere.

I mean, if you're the type to call people with an opposing opinion "slow thinkers" perhaps you should look in the mirror before accusing others of not being able to accept a different viewpoint.

And I've said no less than 3 times in this thread that I'm fine if circumstances lead to Fluker being a good Guard but that didn't stop you from accusing me of not being able to consider the possibility, so who's the one with a reading comprehension problem in this thread?

I've said three times now that I understood your clarification of your intent yet you're still in here accusing me of still thinking that's what I thought (you making the declaration) so it's certainly not me.
  5. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    There's also no need to call someone a "slow thinker" for not agreeing with you or calling someone a liar when they tell you what they're thinking, but that doesn't stop you.
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    I understood completely what you said, and I understand that once again you didn't read past the first sentence.

This is where I call you a word that gets me banned...so please just pretend I said it, thanks. :)
  7. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Why shouldn't I pretend you said something. Is it any different from you pretending to know what I think?
    • Old Old x 1
  8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Requoting

9. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20

Yet again, I did not refer to YOU as a slow thinker, but if you honestly haven't even considered Flukers potential to end up a guard...then feel free to lump yourself in with them, because that's who I was referring to. It's been a pretty common theme surrounding him the last 2 years.

If that's not the case them you shouldn't have felt insulted at all.
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    It's called an insult by association...of which you flat out clarify in this post.

I mean, read what you just said here.

" but if you honestly haven't even considered Flukers potential to end up a guard...then feel free to lump yourself in with them."

Translation: If you disagree with me regarding this possibility you're a slow thinker.

And I don't have to be in the group of those you're referring to to think it's stupid to insult others for not agreeing with you.

I didn't really get too involved in this conversation until I perceived you as saying it is definitive that he'll fail at RT.

I was wrong there, but interpreting the post I initially responded to gave me that impression.

And I didn't start taking the conversation personally until you decided to take it upon yourself to call me a liar when I expressed my personal thoughts regarding what opinions I can handle.
  11. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20

I edited the post late, read it again.

Based on what you have said, you need never have felt insulted by that particular comment, so get over it.
  12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    To be clear, I was never really too insulted or bothered by the post. I didn't start taking any of this personally until you called me a liar for my statement on what I think as if you have any sort of insight on that.

After the fact I reference a post of yours that was demeaning to other people's opinions since it was relevant to a claim about someone else (me) not being able to handle an opposing opinion.
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    1. We've conversed enough times that I know you don't like to accept criticism of the players, it's just the impression you give when you take me to task for it every time.

2. Nobody has actually given me an opposing opinion on DJ other than we should give him a chance (which I agree with)...so how can I be demeaning to an opinion I've yet to encounter?
  14. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    1. That only means I have disagreed with your individual criticisms. That's a far cry from claiming that I can neither accept criticism from anyone (disagreeing with an opinion and accepting the existence of differing opinions are two different things) or that I don't occasionaly hold critical opinions of my own. And just because you get the impression of something doesn't mean it's the case. Case-in-point, I got the impression that you were declaring Fluker a failure at RT early on in this thread. That didn't make it the case, though.

2. Calling people "slow thinkers" is demeaning their opinion whether you view it as such or not.
  15. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 10 / -0
    Oookay - guys seriously... it might be time to consider taking a break and walking away.

If you want to work it out here and talk it through, fine, but once we start getting reports you're asking us to step in as mod's and take action. So, if you can't have a civil discussion I will close this thread. That means one more insult thrown out there and this gets locked down.

Please don't make me do that - I don't think you need a babysitter nor do I have the free time to play the part :p
  16. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Well, since I haven't reported any posts I guess that means one thing.

I was out of line in a few of my posts earlier, though, so I'll apologize for that.

But nothing catches my ire more than somebody telling me what I can and cannot "handle"...which then creates a self-fulfilling prophecy as sometimes I display an inability to "handle" that, lol
  17. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    And the irony of this all (or coincidence...not sure if it classifies as "irony") is I'm simautaneously involved in a facebook conversation with BOLTS4LIFE trying to tell him not to tell another Chargers fan that he can't be a fan just because he has a critical opinion of Philip Rivers.

So, I'm in here defending myself from a false claim that I can't handle a critical opinion while calling someone else out for not handling a critical opinion.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 10 / -0

I fail to see an attack anywhere in Ant's statement. Whether he misunderstood your intent or not doesn't matter - he's not attacking you - he's expressing his opinions on the suggestions you've made.

Disagreeing with you is not being a drama queen Mat.

I understand being frustrated when you're opinions are in the minority, I do, trust me (Hello, Norv?). You're not meerly suggesting Fluker will struggle early on. You've made it abundantly clear that you don't believe he's going to work out at RT at all. Your posts in this thread and elsewhere have brought that point home quite clearly. Which is all fine and dandy. The problem here is your insistence that anyone sharing their own opinions, which contradict yours, is somehow in the wrong. You can debate with others to your hearts content - so long as you're not insulting one another - but there are no rules against not agreeing with you.
  19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,015 / 33 / -20
    You've said something like this to me a few times now, and I don't think you quite understand yet that I do not care when people disagree with me, people disagree with me on a daily basis on this forum, not a big deal. What bothers me is when people misquote me (either by mistake or on purpose), and then accuse me of making outlandish guarantees or pretending to be all knowing.
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,500 / 27 / -1
    Yeah...I know the feeling
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Sydalish

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 10 / -0

This is where we disagree.

I don't think anyone has accused you of anything you haven't already heavily implied on your own. Not based on your history around the topic of Fluker anyway. Like you said, you've been against the pick for a long time and do not believe he will be successful in the RT position. You are of the mindset that Fluker needs to prove you wrong, that you will not give him the benefit of the doubt, even if he has yet to put pads on.

Now, if you feel misquoted or misunderstood, by all means clarify your position. I'm a big fan of being understood and it's often the driving force behind any argument or debate I engage in. However I don't think anyone was making a terrible stretch when taking your comments as a guarantee or a declaration. Not based on how strongly and repeatedly you have argued against Fluker and his abilities. It does come across as "all knowing" if not a bit condescending at times, especially when you're of the mindset (like me) that he's our guy, nothing I can do about that, I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. I don't see how that's being dramatic, if anything I see your frequent warnings about how he's going to get our QB killed as far more dramatic than the "wait and see" approach. *shrug*
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. ssnake86

ssnake86 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +35 / 0 / -0
    Why the hell does Williamson think we should move Starks to RT and Dunlap to LT? Wouldn't it be the other way around? The whole reason why we signed Starks is cause we didn't have faith in Dunlap at LT! Makes no sense.

Anyways as far as Fluker, I think the one single Acee comment has gone to far, and the move to guard comments are way too premature. Acee didn't even say he was doing bad, just that it wasn't "killing" it yet. Well of course he isn't! He's only been in about 7 OTA's so far! The guy is huge and very strong, but more importantly he has really long arms. Almost has a 37" arms!! Some of his slower foot speed should be able to be offset by this, and when you combined it with good coaching, hardwork(which we have no doubt Fluker is a very hard worker), and a full off season of practice, you should get a very respectable RT by week 1.

Still why the heck would the heck would they uses Dunlap at LT over Starks, and think Starks would be better at RT?
    • Agree Agree x 1