1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

**DAY TWO - OFFICIAL NFL DRAFT THREAD - ROUNDS 2-3**

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Apr 29, 2011.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    No but he settled for a half arse WR.
  2. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    24(88) Saints Patrick, Johnny DB 5'11" 191 Louisville
  3. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Our crappy pick is on the clock
  4. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    25(89) Chargers (From Seahawks) Wright, Shareece DB 5'11" 185 USC
  5. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I am so done with this crap.
  6. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    OVERVIEW
    Wright was ruled academically ineligible for the 2009 season, but he has worked hard to salvage his career and has the potential to be drafted in April. He plays very aggressively and likes to hit in run support despite being slightly undersized. He is fast with good agility to stick in man coverage and shows good recognition skills to make plays in zone. His off the field issues, coupled with a serious neck injury in 2008, may scare off a few teams, but Wright is a talented corner and has a chance to be a mid-to-late round draft pick.
  7. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +241 / 22 / -3
    here comes another wasted pick... OO lets get a QB for Chucky WHites replacement/trade pick....
  8. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Another CB i see
  9. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    STRENGTHS
    Wright plays bigger than his listed size and has good speed. Possesses quick feet and the hip fluidity to transition smoothly and mirror in man coverage. Shows very good instincts to anticipate routes in zone and closes quickly when the ball is in the air. Willing tackler in run support and looks to deliver big shots.
    WEAKNESSES
    Does not have the deep speed to close the gap once he beat on go routes. Over aggressive at times and is susceptible to double moves. Struggles to break down ball carriers in space and does not always wrap effectively. There are questions about his maturity and durability.
  10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21

Blah. Just digging in the trash hoping to find a gem.

I'd have taken Sam Acho.
  11. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Sammy Davis.... JR???
  12. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    can't polish a turd
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    Epic fail and epic crap, now I can go do something worthwhile with my time
  14. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings Received:
    +142 / 3 / -0
    Wright doesn't grade out too well.... they say he has "no ball skills" and doesn't turn around well on the ball" and "risky injury history may keep him off many draft boards".... wish he had been kept off ours... another CB...
  15. L.T Bolt

L.T Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I think that boy Drake Nevis gone be a gem.. damn colts got a good pick... i wish san diego would just relieve A.J from his duties of G.M right now .. i cant take this ish no more man im done watching
  16. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings Received:
    +142 / 3 / -0
    All this picks and all we got was crapball picks that had been circling AJ's Ur-anus on the way to the sewer. I got so pumped with all these high round picks and AJ flushed each and every one down the toilet. I think the F-ing Spanos family is making such crappy picks in order to make the move to LA easier on us all. The whole scouting department needs to be fired- but that would mean firing the putrid Spawn of Spanos.

This draft blows big moose turds!

Does anyone think we helped ourselves in the first three rounds???
  17. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    What was that article a couple months ago....about all the picks giving us draft flexability.

I can't believe we wasted so many picks on garbage. Its like AJ liked nobody, and just started going off his own sheet.
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,160 / 37 / -21
    I've heard he's solidly average.

Perfect pick AJ!
  19. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    Overall Football Traits
    Production 4 2006: (13/0) Played as a reserve corner and key special teams player; 15 tackles, 2 FR. 2007: (11/1) 29 tackles, 3.5 TFL, 1 sack, 4 PBU. 2008: (2/2) 8 tackles. 2009: (1/1) 2 tackles, 1 INT. 2010: (13/12) 73 tackles, 7 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 10 PBU, 2 FR, 2 FF.
    Height-Weight-Speed 3 Is slightly smaller than the average DC prospect but plays bigger than his size. Top-end speed is adequate-to-good.
    Durability 4 Started first two games in 2008 before suffering a season-ending hairline fracture in his neck during practice. A strained left hamstring caused him to miss two games (Stanford, Arizona) in 2007.
    Intangibles 3 Ruled academically ineligible for the 2009 season (returned to start in bowl game vs. BC). Has matured during his collegiate career, especially following the academic suspension. He's reportedly much-improved in terms of self-discipline and leadership. Team captain in 2010.
    1 = Exceptional2 = Above average3 = Average4 = Below average5 = Marginal
    Cornerback Specific Traits
    Instincts/Recognition 2 Does a great job of reading receivers tendencies and eyes in man coverage. Uses sideline as an ally. Savvier than his game experience would indicate. Has gambled too much in the past and needs to show more discipline. But shows playmaking instincts and confidence to bounce back from a mistake.
    Cover Skills 2 Shows good fluidity, quick feet and adequate-to-good top-end speed. Can mirror most collegiate WRs one-on-one and has the athleticism to develop into a solid man-to-man cover corner in the NFL. Will occasionally bite on a double move but shows change-of-direction skills and closing burst to recover. Is physical and strong for his size. Can develop into a good bump-and-run cover corner with better press technique. Also shows flashes of excellent diagnostic skills in zone.
    Ball Skills 3 Consistently knows when to turn for the ball. Is aggressive and will attack the ball in the air. Closes quickly when the ball is in the air. Only one INT throughout career but shows good upside in this area.
    Run Support 2 Is strong for his size and flashes a mean streak. More willing than most corners to support the run. Typically leads with his shoulder and shows good initial pop. But does not break down and wrap up in space enough. Will miss some tackles as a result.

I'll give him this; he looks like a potential diamond in the rough. Looks like a guy who could be coached eventually to replace Jammer. But again, how is it that two reach DBs are a bigger need then OT, OLB or anything else? This is the cherry on top of the **** sundae
  20. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +241 / 22 / -3
    Damn 11 DTs in under100 picks. The more that go, the better I feel about Liguet.
  21. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,449 / 19 / -4
    bAsed on everything that transpired today, I don't even feel confident about Liguet anymore. If this is what Aj has been doing then I seriously question and wonder how Liuget is better then Jordan or anyone else.
  22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +241 / 22 / -3
    Well for me the 1st rd pick is NEVER predictable. The only thing you can KNOW is the positoin at best. And considering I wanted a DE, this guy is going there so eh at least he beats the knocks I had on the top DEs available. SIZE.

But yea after that weird first turn of the screw, the rest of the draft went to darts and the broad side of the barn. And the barn wasnt even in front of AJ...or SPanoes JR if that is what the F this draft was.
  23. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +415 / 7 / -1
    Absolutely disgusted with our draft. Not convinced Liuget is better than Jordan. We pass on Prince and then reach for Gilchrist!?. F me. Then the mother of all F ups, MOUTON!!?. It is clear the man at the wheels should have his licence revoked. Get AJ outta there and go hire someone who knows something about drafting (and don't give me 2004 etc, Buddy Nix was the man back then). The only valueish pick for me right now is Brown, at least he will be motivated playing in his hometown. The other guy Wright couldn't catch a cold.

Like Ant said above time to move on and do something worthwhile. I'm off to see Leinster beat Toulouse and reach the Heineken Cup Final. I will drink pints in honour of those guys we did not pick.

ERC : Match Centre : Heineken Cup : Match preview: Leinster v Toulouse