1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Deadspin : Why your team sucks : 2014 Oakland Raiders

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,304 / 12 / -5
    They do this with a bunch of NFL teams, including the Chargers. But this one is classic:

http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2014-oakland-raiders-1623235365

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Charlie_Hustle

Charlie_Hustle BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
  3. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
    Fan response by Mike was golden:
    Mike:

My brother, Dad, and I, all huge Raiders fans, like to play this game. It's called "Let's look at who we could have drafted in the first round". Now, hindsight is 20/20 and all that, and I know every fan base can do the same thing, so we take it to the next level by looking at the very next pick, which I will now share with you (first name is the raiders pick, second name is the very next pick). Let's start with 2002, the last winning season:

2002: Napoleon Harris, Ed Reed

2003: Nnamdi Asomugha and Tyler Brayton, Eric Steinbach (oak had back to back picks b/c of Gruden trade, yay!)

2004: Robert Gallery, Larry Fitzgerald

2005: Fabian Washington, Aaron Rodgers

2006: Michael Huff, Donte Whitner

2007: JaMarcus Russell, Calvin Johnson

2008: Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey

2009: Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eugene Monroe

2010: Rolando McClain, CJ Spiller

2011: Pick traded for the walking personal foul Richard Seymour (Pats selected Nate Solder with pick, following pick was Corey Liuget)

2012: Pick traded for Carson Palmer (Cincy selected Dre Kirkpatrick with pick, following pick was Melvin Ingram)

2013: DJ Hayden and his exploding heart (this season it's now his exploding foot), Sheldon Richardson

2014: Khalil Mack, Jake Matthews. I feel bad that Khalil's promising career is going to bust, but congrats to Atlanta on getting who will undoubtedly become a HOF LT.

That was fun....also, a lot of our fans think Terrell Pryor was the future and will take Russell Wilson's job in Seattle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JohnnyX

JohnnyX Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +146 / 19 / -5
    Why didn't they take ARod in '05, I know they needed a QB then. Did Norv f it up for them or something?