1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Dean wouldn't, would he??

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Dec 21, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    Brian Schottenheimer unfazed by head coaching speculation

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 21, 2012, 11:49 AM EST

AP
    As holiday traditions go, it’s among the most traditional.

The NFL head coaching rumor cycle starts, and Brian Schottenheimer’s name floats to the top.

The Rams offensive coordinator was mentioned during last week’s Rams-Vikings broadcast as a potential candidate for head coaching jobs, but he said he’s happy in St. Louis.

“At the end of the day I think I have a great job,” Schottenheimer said, via Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. “I work for a great organization. I know I work with the best head coach in the National Football League in Coach [Jeff] Fisher. Got a really young football team that’s building something special, and I’m thrilled to be a part of it, . . . and hope to be here for a long time.”

His name has been a fixture in recent offseasons, and he interviewed for the Jaguars job this offseason. He said he’s allowed himself to get excited before, but wants to keep things in perspective.

“Well, first off I know Brian’s ready,” Fisher said. “He’s ready to handle the job and he’s capable. I think he’d do a great job at it. Certainly, he’s been around the game for a long time. He’s got a great pedigree, and this is the time of the year when people start throwing names out there.”

And until he gets a chance to follow in his father’s footsteps, the constant speculation will continue.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...nheimer-unfazed-by-head-coaching-speculation/
  2. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,013 / 33 / -20
    Yeah cuz he did such a great job with Sanchez.
  3. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    The new guy ain't doing much better either. :D
  4. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +813 / 14 / -3
    I wouldn't be surprised if Dean didn't want young Shotty and Cam Cameron back. :eek:
  5. Nomad

Nomad Very Senior Member

Ratings Received:
    +108 / 4 / -0
    Only if he doesn't want fans back should he do this.
  6. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +163 / 2 / -1
    I hope Deano isn't still consulting with Jimmy Johnson on F/O matters.
    This hasn't exactly worked out for the Boltz, I'd say.

Here's Deano in 2001:
    "I've known Jimmy for a lot of years, but never socialized with him [or] been close, close friends," Spanos told the newspaper. "I asked him his opinion in terms of how an organization should be run in the relationship between coaching and player personnel and what his philosophy was because he was really the general manager and coach in Dallas and in Miami."
    http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...nos-dolphins-performance-johnson-s-assistants

Here's a Jason Cole article from 2004 that makes it look like he was at least whispering into Deano's ear when Shottenheimer got the boot and allowed AJ to bring in Ted Cottrell instead of Marty's guy, Vic Fangio.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=jc-marty021207

Just my opinion but I hope he's getting his football advice elsewhere. Hair gel? Yes. Football? No.