1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Did LT Puss Out?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Jan 20, 2008.

1. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    C'mon Eldwin. You know better than this. If LT could've played.. he would have.
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Bill Werndell made a good point earlier today

As of now we have no idea what is up with LT's leg or anything like that. So I can't say whether or not he wimped out. But I'm more upset that he wasn't there to talk with his teammates or root them on - he sat on the bench and pouted. That's in-excuseable to a person who is a 'leader on the team' and a major player
  3. RM24

RM24 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Exactly man. LT must have been really hurt. He would have played if he could.
  4. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    No man. He didn't. You couldn't see his face for the helmet, which I'm sure was his goal, no pouting for the cameras, but his body said it all. He was very upset. There's no way LT would hold back or puss out.
  5. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    I agree. Damn it would have been nice to have him in the game when we were in the red zone; even if only to draw coverage.
  6. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Helmet, face shield, hides a very disappointed man. No giving Pats fans something to jeer at.
  7. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Norv said in the post-game that LT couldn't push off. Had no power. He was a liability out there.
  8. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    It concerned me to that he was just sitting on the bench pouting. :tdown:
  9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    three words
    SUCK. IT. UP!
    Support your team, support your brothers playing out there and cheer
    Would it make a major adjustment in the game? I doubt it. But its something that your team captain and your superstar does without question or thinking.

Still I don't know why or how LT could go full speed in practice and yet not play. I mean how is that any weirder or different then what the Pats do marking people as injured everywhere.
  10. Stan_The_Man_12

Stan_The_Man_12 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +38 / 0 / -0

I'm not buying it. LT knows his body and he would have told Norvall is he was able to do his thing.

Stan 17
  11. Butterfingers McCree

Butterfingers McCree BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm a Pats fan, but this game gave me new found respect for LaDainian. The easy thing would have been for him to play, suck, but at least get credit for giving it his all. The harder thing was to recognize that you were too hurt to play and give your team the best chance to win by yielding to Turner.

Hats off to Tomlinson.
  12. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    That's a different subject. I was replying to DID HE PUSS OUT?

Not cheering for his team, pouting on the sideline, yeah, that's being a poor sport. I saw PR sitting next to him. LT should've been pumping PR up.
  13. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I think we need to give LT the benefit of the doubt. If he could be in there, he would have. I suspect that his injury was worse than reported and Rivers wasn't as bad as reported.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. ntman68

ntman68 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    I think you need to ease up on LT. I believe his injury was worse than any of us knew. If there was anyway on earth he could have been in there and been productive, he would have been. Plus, I don't think LT is the leader of this team, Phillip is. Phillip wants it, LT doesn't.

If I was in the biggest game of my career and I just realized my wheel isn't gonna get it done, I would leave my helmet on to. If for no other reason than to hide the disappointment. You know those pics would have been Sports Center fodder for months to come.
  15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I suspect the mafia got to LT and paid him off to "sit out". :unsure:
    • Like Like x 1
  16. PhillyChargerFan

PhillyChargerFan New Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    I too was a little disappointed in LT, but his game is his ability to cut. Can't be elusive on a bad wheel wait for a week or 2 then I'm sure the truth about his injury will come out :yes:
  17. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I'm not making excuses for him... but believe his being on the bench was not his idea and he was pizzed.... prolly not able to control his emotions well enough to have a positive effect on the team. I believe he thought, he'd play more.
  18. Holy_Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Damn that made me laugh!:icon_rofl: The Gin and Tonics are kicking in.:icon_party:
  19. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Coach said he couldn't push off. Coaches make decisions. I think we all know he would've played if he could've. He's never been one to shirk. The coach has to protect him, so says the owner too. If he can't get out of dodge with the ball, he'd get hammered and maybe suffer a really serious injury.

He pouted, no doubt, but I don't think he pussed out.
    • Like Like x 1
  20. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    that is an excuse
    suck it up and root for your team
    we expect the same from fans - and I'll be honest i have lost some respect for LT
  21. NW Bolt Babe

NW Bolt Babe RIP Jr.

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    Not when they're drawing a paycheck. Owners/coaches want to protect a franchise player. If he was even capable of taking a needle, you know they'd have done that. He must be really hurt.
  22. ColdBlooded

ColdBlooded BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 2 / -0
    LMAO at you guys!

LT would have played if he was healthy. No one can say anything about LT and his will to play and win.

On the subject of him cheering on his teammates. I really don't care. Biggest game in his career and he has to sit out, I think he thought he had let his teammates down.

Who cares about being a cheerleader, you think we are going to win because LT is out there jumping up and down and cheering for guys, it doesn't matter, those guys are pros, they played without him the week before against the colts, I didn't see LT cheering anyone on the sideline.

Give it a rest LT is the man ,he will be back next year and take us all the way.

I think a more important fact is Once again Scott and Br jinx our Super Bowl hopes with another rally. Every time these idiots have a rally we lose. Man I hope they learned their lesson. :D