1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Draft Day Rounds 4-7

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Apr 28, 2012.

1. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Gee, never expected to hear that being a problem with any Miami players before ..... what a shock !!!! :whistling:
  2. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Exactly BLEW !!! ................... like I give a rats arse what 40 time a 325 Ib lineman runs.

Some of the comments in here leave alot to be desired regarding one's football knowledge. :confused:
  3. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Especially if your name is SuperCharger 92 and act like your the biggest knowall on the planet.............. farking clueless I swear. :rolleyes:
  4. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

hahahahahahahaha, you need to hang out more at the NN thread Lancelot and learn the lingo then..............Blew is a very crytic bastard at the best of times, comes from spending 23 hours locked away in his underground bunker we believe and ofcourse, lack of oxygen.
  5. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,014 / 33 / -20
    Yes!
  7. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    How am I a know it all sir?

Late round picks do actually make a difference.. I just believe, Troutman wasn't a good pick. There were better players on the board in regards to talent. Molk, I let my emotions get to me, but I feel as if we have Baxter developing what was the point of drafting Molk, who just came off surgery and has an injury record, could of went as an UDFA and we could of picked him up there.
  8. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    What if Baxter isn't developing....... what then? ;)
  9. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    Then why is he still on the roster? We would of re-signed Mruczkowksi
  10. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Well the constant screaming about certain players does get a little monotomous and the fact that NOT ONE of these players has proven a damn thing at the NFL level, making it nothing but a crapshoot when you get down around the 5th to 7th rounds, yet you seem to know for a fact as to what players will and are certain future HOF's.

I'm as hard and unforgiving as any Charger fan when it comes to certain things, but hell, even I'm beside myself right now with the picks the FO has made, so how about we sit back now and see what develops over the next 4 months and just enjoy the ride rather than make outragious, impossible to forecast predictions.

I think the Molk pick was actually very interesting from the point of view of his size in relation to Hardwick..............undersized, yet powerful, same attributes that have been given to Hardwick all his career.
    I'm not a "Baxter at Center believer" at all by the way, what I seen of him starting for the Jets last year was enough to convince me that he better pursue another position if he wants to stay in the NFL for any amount of time, hopefully a move to Guard is more to his liking.
  11. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    LOL, Cause I wanted Chase Minnifield or Alfonzo Dennard.. clearly you couldn't see I was kinda kidding. I wasn't all that serious seeing Minnifield had surgery as well a few weeks ago. I thought selecting one of the two would have made more sense than the Troutman or Molk picks.

I'm guessing you saw Baxter in the Ravens game when he was with the Jets correct? Well there buddy, let me pick you up off the Chargers practice squad, fly you out to New York and have you start against one of the most aggressive and talented defenses in the league 3 weeks later as a rookie, changing playbooks on a national televised game.

If the coaching staff didn't believe in him he would of been gone by now, so I'm guessing they really like his progress cause they would of cut him and re-sign Mcurzkowski. But, seeing Hardwick just signed a 3 year deal but was contemplating retirement in the off-season, I don't see him being a year-to-year guy. I see him here all three years, and Molk will be a starter most likely his 3rd or 4th year. But, I guess a 7th round pick on a guy who was probably the best center before his injury and surgery is a pretty darn good value pick, only time will tell..
  12. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    He's cheap? ;)
  13. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Well if thats the case then you need to make it a little more obvious that what your stating is mostly "tongue in cheek", I'm usually pretty good at picking up on such things, but I didn't see anything in your posts to suggest you were kidding to be honest, my bad.

And the fact that all 3 guys you would like to have seen picked by us are all "major charcter issue guys" isn't something I tend to look favorably upon.
    After the whole ScareCro issue, I have NO interest in anyone that could possibly end up going down the same path as that scumbag lowlife, don't care how good they may seem to be, leave those types for the Raiders and Bengals and let them deal with that shite.
  14. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    ...and also "easy" I hear !!! :whistling:
  15. SuperCharger92

Ratings Received:
    +481 / 13 / -3
    I agree.. But I just think everybody is raised differently. What kid doesn't smoke weed now a days, never mind in college. But that is besides the point I understand, he should be clean and not take this opportunity for granted because this is every body's dream to be in the NFL.

But there also is a difference, Mike Adams failed his test at the combine for marijuana use, but when he talked to the Steelers he went to their facility and promised if they picked him he wouldn't have any off the field issues again. There is a difference between owning up to your mistake, taking responsibility for it, something Burfict didn't and most likely won't do. But, a 7th round pick on a 1st round value pick might be worth the dice might not be.

Dennard got into a bar fight, he'll get his a$$ straightened out real quick in Foxborough, basically because there's no damn bars around the area of the facility! :laugh:

And who was the 3rd? - Minnifield doesn't have any character issues from what I've heard and understood.

Washington just got a hell of an UDFA..
  16. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +131 / 2 / -0
    yeah i couldnt agree more... with people like you.. obviously it doesnt really matter as long as his time is halfway decent.. if it doesnt matter for an lineman why do u think people are so amazed with poe? ill answer for you its because of the speed and athleticism he has at his size running under a 5.0 40... would it matter if an o lineman ran 5.2 5.3 even 5.4 no probably not but when u see 5.7 its deffinately a red flag.. was he hurt? idk i doubt it why would he perform the drill if he had a lower body injury... whatever the excuse is a sign of a horrific 40 yard dash time more times then not speaks to poor conditioning/work ethic.. his 5.7 40 yard dash for a lineman is probably the equivalent to a wr running a 5.0 ... and you could shrug it off as saying ehh who cares what the 325 lineman runs but thats what the premier lineman are able to do there able to move... how do you expect this fat slob to be able to get to his block on a pull?
  17. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    It's well known that he had tendonitis in his knee...... that's why Troutman didn't even attempt the broad jump.

18. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +131 / 2 / -0
    doesnt make sense then to put such a bad number out there and scare of teams if it effected his running so idk what his agent was telling him.. so hopefully he isnt such a fat slob after all and he makes me eat me words
  19. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    Or, you could give the guy credit for giving it a go when he was hurt....... unlike some "stars" who won't do anything at the combine that might hurt their ranking.
  20. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    Also on Troutman He had surgery on his pectoral this week, We didn't draft him to be a starter tomorrow and maybe he won't start 3 years from now but he may become a serviceable career back up, just like a solid back up QB, he can be an unsung heroes. For all we know he may beat out Dombrowski
  21. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 30 / -0
    According to several different sites he was suffering through knee tendinitis but thought it would be better to complete the drills than not. Not many fat slobs with poor conditioning/work ethic can put up 31 reps at 225.
  22. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Lets see here .................. why mention Poe ?......... he's a NT, thats a defensive player if you weren't sure and yes, they tend to have to run more often than Olineman last time I watched an NFL game, now what he has to do with Troutman, is totally beyond me.
    Then you go on to compare his time to that of a WR :confused: ...............again, WTF has that to do with the price of bread !!!

As long as he can keep an opponent off Rivers, thats all I care about and I doubt very much whether him having 5.7, 40yd dash speed is ever going to be the reason as to why or why not he can't do that job.
  23. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    How many chicks do they use these days for that event ?
  24. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41

Not the weed issues that bother me, hell, I'd be more shocked to actually hear of any guy in the NFL that doesn't toke to be honest.
    Its the arrests for bar fights, PED's or domestic issues etc that throw up red flags to me, those type incidents are far more worrying as to an individuals character than anything to do with smoking a doob.
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Molk was listed pretty consistently as one of the top 3 centers in the draft. Certainly worth a 7th.

Troutman in the 5th is a bit of a head-scratcher, but certainly not worth jumping AJ's *** over. He's a road-grader & comes from a good program - I'll certainly withhold too much criticism for now. ;)

A little surprised about Minnifield going undrafted, but there were questions about his drop-off in production & some nagging injuries. Plus, he's from UVa where they field a team just to get their asses kicked by Virginia Tech. :abq2:
  26. jackfrost

Ratings Received:
    +731 / 53 / -41
    Thats exactly how I feel about Troutman also, came from a school renowned for churning out good defensive players, so lets see what he can do at the next level before passing to harsh a judgement.
  27. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,574 / 42 / -25
    That's too bad, because he's an offensive lineman. :D

[​IMG]
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    The devil is in the details. ;)
  29. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    I think the only question was why him at that stage. It's not like there had been a massive run on guards prior to him. There were still some good options on the board that were taken up to a full round after him including but not limited to Ryan Miller and James Brown. I don't think he's chosen as a backup, don't forget we do still have Mrzucowski and Schilling on the roster, and the team likes their flexibility as backups who can play along the entire line. Troutman was chosen as a future starter two-three years down the road. Norv and the coaches might be able to work wonders and if so this draft might end up being even better than we think now.

Again it's basically nitpicking. I don't care of AJ tries to outsmart everyone with a fifth or sixth round pick so long as he doesn't pull that crap with our first two day picks
  30. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +661 / 17 / -2
    "The Chargers plan to let fifth-round pick Johnnie Troutman compete for their starting left guard job.
    Troutman fell a bit in the draft due to a 2011 DUI arrest and knee tendinitis, but it sounds like San Diego had an early-round grade on his tape. With Kris Dielman in retirement, Troutman will compete with Tyronne Green and Brandyn Dombrowski at left guard. At 6'4/329, Troutman is the mauler of the group. "

Not saying he'll win the job but it would be interesting to say the least if he did