1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Drew Brees on the tonight show

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Johnny Lightning, Jul 14, 2010.

1. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    If any body cares Drew Brees will be on the tonight show tonight 7-14-2010 11:35 PM San Diego time...

2. SDBoltzFan

SDBoltzFan BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am getting sick of seeing Brees everytime I turn on the TV. All the New Orleans hype has been over the top since Katrina, and now our former QB is in the middle of it...

3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Did they ask why he hated his mama? :icon_evil:

4. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    Amen!

5. PowderLove

PowderLove Former Mod, Current Slacker

Ratings:
    +494 / 0 / -0
    If we hadn't drafted Rivers, Brees would have never stepped his game up and he would be some scrub in arena football right now.

6. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,564 / 7 / -2
    [​IMG]

I won't watch because I hate Leno.

7. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    Not a Leno fan myself. But I'll mostly skip it because I am sick to death of the obligatory "lifted New Orleans from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina" **** that somehow must be inserted into every story about the New Orleans Saints.

8. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
  9. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    They should have... :icon_evil:

10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings:
    +1,641 / 29 / -2
    So, how come nobody rushes in here to complain about posting threads about players who aren't Chargers anymore like they do whenever an LT thread is posted?

11. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I would have ask Drew if he sent some flowers to his moms funeral after she comitted suicide recently and if so, what were the flowers colors and general motiff ?

Was a card included ?

Did Drew attend his momma's funeral or did he give her the finger all the way to her grave ?

Inquiring minds want to know. :bolt:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Johnny Lightning

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Word on all the above...

13. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    Oh damn and to think I missed it.:abq2::icon_rofl::abq1:

14. SaintRay

SaintRay BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Welcome from New Orleans, home of the Super Bowl Champions.

Drew did indeed attend his mothers funeral, infact he made amends with his mother 6 months earlier after a long misunderstanding. If you read his recently published book, he dedicates a significant number of pages toward his mother, her illness and the relationship they experienced. I suggest you check it out.

I would be remise if I didn't thank you guys for cutting Drew Brees loose after he tore his shoulder apart on the field playing for the Bolts. The lack of confidence shown by one organization and the trust shown by another resulted in a wonderful situation down in New Orleans.

He is the epitome of a professional in every sense of the word. He has done wonders in the community and will surely enter the Hall of Fame a Saint.

Cheers.

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    Yeah, he single handedly saved New Orleans from Katrina, right? Everyone is back to work, all homes rebuilt, etc? Good to know, now maybe the rest of us don't have to hear about Hurricane Katrina in EVERY SINGLE MENTION OF NEW ORLEANS EVER.

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    I would be REMISS if I didn't correct your revisionist account of what really happened.

Brees was a free agent, free to sign a contract with any of 32 NFL teams. The Chargers and pretty much every other team besides New Orleans decided it would be foolish to offer huge guaranteed money to a guy coming off of major surgery to his throwing shoulder. The Saints were desperate, they rolled the dice. It obviously worked out well for them, congrats.

Just out of curiosity, are you one of the "true" Saints fans who disrespected their team by wearing bags on their heads? Just curious.

17. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did you know that San Diego means Whale's Vagina? Good night San Diego!!! And go **** yourselves!! WHO DAT!?!?!?!

18. nbdynprtcular

nbdynprtcular BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow, just wow. The Chargers have always been my 2nd favorite team overall and favorite AFC team. I always respected them for being one of the classiest teams in the NFL. Shame their fans don't have the same class.

Edit: Unfortunately the poster just above me has shown a lack of class among Saints fans too, since he won't, I'll apologize for him.

19. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You're probably the same guy who was slobbing on Ryan Leaf's knob after y'all drafted that loser!! Oh by the way, y'all aint goin' no where w/ that tard Phillip Rivers.. No Vincent Jackson=4 wins all year take it to the bank:icon_toast:

20. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    WOW!
    Nice informed post. :tup:

I think you've been drinking some water that hasn't been cleaned of oil. :bananafinger:

21. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    Saints fans are famous for disrespecting their OWN team. That's why I just laugh my *** off when people try to act like the Saints fans are all hardcore and ****.

Now I bet those same jerkoffs are wearing their Saints gear running their mouths to other teams fans.

22. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    You saying that is even less funny than it was in that ****** movie, which is hard to do.

23. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    I didn't do any knob slobbering, but yeah I thought he was going to be a good pro JUST LIKE DAMN NEAR EVERY GM IN THE NFL. **** didn't work out, what's your point? I know for a fact I never disrespected my own team. Saints fans did, and were proud of it. :lol:

24. Ron Burgundy

Ron Burgundy BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    If you only knew what it was like to be from New Orleans, you would be able to appreciate the humor of the situation.. That was before I was even born AND I never wore a bag on my head.. I have been a die hard Saints fan as far back as I can remember!! I remember watching the Saints when Jim Mora replaced Bum Phillips.. Archie was long gone by that time and nobody was a baghead, even though they very well should have been with the way our Offense played in those days.. We hung our hat on the Defense and were very proud of the Dome Patrol. Now being a Saints fan is all about where you were when the boys in Black & Gold secured the Lombardi trophy.. WHO DAT!?!?!

25. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +842 / 22 / -1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hardcore fans, yessirree! :lol:

And look at these dildoes...

[​IMG]

The perfect statement about Saints fans. "We used to disrespect our own team, but front runners that we are, we've changed our tune now that we are winning."

If everyone wasn't so busy feeling bad for you people because of the hurricane, they'd be laughing at you.

26. cjjr72984

cjjr72984 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well said...

27. cjjr72984

cjjr72984 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. It boggles my mind when ppl make jokes about, or say they're sick of a catostrophe that effected a fellow American. Maybe the guys from Saintsreport are a more down-to-earth bunch or something. Cause you would never hear us say "We're so sick of the media talking about the wildfires in San Diego."

Matter of fact, we probably would've started some sort of collection to help the citizens of the SD. But hey, that's just us.

28. cjjr72984

cjjr72984 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well first off, the first pic is of a Bears fan from the NFC Championship game in 06'. Ya know, the Conference Championship that your former QB has led us to twice in the past four years.

So yea, that's a Bears fan who, just like yourself, wants to use something that a small group of Saints fans did many years ago and bring it up. Like its supposed to mean we're not die-hard fans just because fans showed their frustration from a losing franchise in the 70's. GTFOH!

29. beeobee

beeobee BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Another Saints fan here..

About the pics of the bagheads. Besides the first pic of the Bears fan with the bag on his head..what do the other 2 pics have in common? They might have bags on their heads but they are all paying fans who are at the game!!

The bagheads were a way of letting the team know that we are still here but very unhappy with the team. The fans wore bags but they were still going to the games. The difference is..when the chargers lose..you guys just quit going to the games!

We don't expect you to understand that because you obviously don't understand the horrific tragedy that was Katrina.

and lucky for you....you never will.

30. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Listen Up,

Almost everyone here followed the tragedy that was Katrina. Those same people had the people of Louisiana in their thoughts and prayers.
    Now we get douche bags like you and your other,Saints "fans" coming to OUR message board and dig up a old thread.

What did you expect the reaction to be?

When to go to someone else's home, do you start talking Sh!t about their house?

There are MANY season ticket holders,here. We go to the games, win or lose. I'm one of them and I live in Las Vegas.

If you and the others are going to stick around,fine. Nothing I can do about it. But if you and the others are going to continue with your act.........You will get hammered on!