1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Duke Johnson

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by CoronaDoug, Dec 21, 2012.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
  2. Duffman57

Duffman57 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +121 / 4 / -1
    And Hankerson is a monster because he beat the all time receiving record there...it doesn't mean anything...

3. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Hankerson is only in his second year. He is developing into a good WR. Normally WR's don't hit their stride until year 3 or 4.

4. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Still not entirely sure if Miami being the stronghold for consistently churning out pro quality RB's is in effect anymore (nothing against Johnson, just speaking more towards that fact that you could typically count on certain schools like the U, Texas, and a few others to churn out pro-ready runners), or if it was Butch Jones that was doing that (note that Giovanni Bernard, the current consensus top back in the 2013 class, is from the last recruiting class Butch had at UNC). Could be both. Just food for thought.

5. CoronaDoug

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    Hey I have to grasp at straws here....:(

6. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
    Their counterparts have a guy I think will get more pub next year. James Wilder Jr looks to be a stud what I have seen of him at FSU so far

7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    BTW... you want a RB prospect to fall in love with, go check out Rutgers starting tailback Jawan Jamison. I don't even necessarily want to get into a ton of intangibles, but I'll say one thing to address that: The guy looks like he gets stronger as he gets deeper and deeper into a game. There are a lot of parallels that can be drawn between him and another Rutgers RB (Ray Rice). And while the kid's a redshirt sophomore, given the limited longevity of RB's it wouldn't be a total shocker to see him come out this year, and if not certainly next year.