1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Eagles re-sign T Runyan to three-year deal

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by ChargerRay, Mar 24, 2006.

1. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
  2. BayAreaCharger

BayAreaCharger New Member

Ratings Received:
    +109 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +707 / 2 / -0
    There really wasn't, and the Chargers never expressed any interest in him. We as fan were just wishing.
  4. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    We got to do something with the O-Line. I've been saying for years that we've been neglecting the O-Line. Defense may with championships, but the O-Line is your foundation. We ain't going anywhere without a strong foundation. :mad:
  5. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I could be wrong but i dont think the oline is the problem in SD i dont remember seing brees getting sacked too much, San Diego's games were lost because brees made the team one dimensional. With no arm to get the ball down field opposing defenses only had to cover about 20 yards of the field leaving 8 or 9 men in the box every down. You will see that Philip Rivers will make opposing defenses respect the long ball as long as the Chargers can get a WR who can run downfield.
  6. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you are wrong. O-Line was a HUGE weakness for us this past season.
  7. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Gonna back that up with any facts or just say it?
  8. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Brees was sacked 27 times Put it in perspective carr was sacked 68 average for a starting QB is about 25 so yes there are a couple more than desireable there but my point is that that is not the weakness on the team. LT still rushed for over 1400 yards and you dont do that behind a weak oline even if you are the greatest rb in the nfl im sorry but it is you who is wrong
  9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    What stats are there that show how effective an O-Line is. Drew didn't get sacked a ton because he was able to get rid of the ball quickly, not because he had a lot of time to throw. I saw every Charger game this season and LT was hit behind the line of scrimage often. Drew regularely was rolling left or right because of presure. You tell me what stats are going to show that our O-Line was constistantly overwhelmed?
  10. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    LT has run more than that behind terrible lines. He did it this year with cracked ribs. That has more to say about LT than the O-Line.
  11. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    So hard to debate with blind fans..... Yes LT is great and yes he had cracked ribs if anything that proves my point that he was injured so he needed more help from the oline than ever. 2 years ago i would agree with you that the oline was very weak but this past season was a complete turnaround for them, a few of the guys on that line are still young as well so its going to take more time for them to play solid as a unit, but you also have to consider that the oline is going to have a hard time protecting and blocking when opposing teams are setting up with 8 or 9 guys in the box.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Blind fans??? Interesting comment. To start the year we had an adiquite O-Line, but we were hit with injuries, "Oben, "Fonoti". We Found a serviceable player player in Chris Dielman, but he's still very raw. Our center Nick Hardwick has a nasty streak, but is undersized. Oben is good at LT, but with is injuries of late, I'm not even sure he'll be back. His backup Leander Jordan is ok run blocker, but a turnstyle as a pass protector. Our current RT Shane Olivea is good, but I'd love to see him moved to guard with someone stronger, bigger at tackle. With Fonoti's meltdown, we have nobody of note at guard. Mike Goff? Ben Johnson? Wes Sims? backups at best.

There's a complete breakdown of who we got, If you can't see we need major upgrades on the O-Line, you're the blind fan or a Bronco fan that doesn't want us to improve our line. You'd like that, wouldn't you. If we didn't address our weaknesses?
  13. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes it would definately be in my best interest for the chargers to not focus on their weaknesses so please work on the o line and dont get a legitimate deep threat because as long as you keep changing the oline its going to take multiple years for the oline to learn how to play with eachother, and i think youre mistaken about oben he will be back and close to 100 percent quickly, goff is a good starter as well, but you finally made some good points, can you agree that this line will improve if it is left as is? If so why not get more weapons at wr?
  14. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    I have no problem with our number 1 pick in this draft going for a WR. I just think the O-Line needs to be addressed, not ignored. I don't think Goff is much more than a solid backup, but even if we had an ok OL, we have no depth in case of injury. Levander Jordon isn't the answer. I'm hoping ths Vincent Jackson kid will shine this year. He's go the tools, but is still very raw. I'd lov to see a good WR picked up via Fre Agency. Someone fast but also could be a leader. Can't think of anyone like that still available that fits the bill. I'd love to see us get a good FA Tackle or Guard, then add depth with the draft.

Anyways, glad to have you here at the site even if we disagree on a few things. PS, I am color blind, but not completely blind. :lol:
  15. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree with you there... its always good to have depth on the line and although im a bronco fan first i spent a lot of time living in san diego so i have emotional attachment to the chargers as well. I only root against em if theyre playing my team or if they are fightin for the division against my team. But yeah i think vincent will be a bigger part of the game plan after learning the system for a year but like you said he is raw so itll be a wait and see scenerio. Im just glad i can talk football with people now. not to many people besides Westwood who follow the offseason to much that i talk to on a regular basis.
  16. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Well were glad to have you. There are a bunch of regular posters that could talk football year round. I've got to run for now, but hope to see you around.
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,639 / 38 / -8
    Football should be talked about year round... You guys act like they take 1/2 a year off...
  18. BroncoFan

BroncoFan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0