1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ever see the draft moving back to a weekend thing?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by DenverBolt67, Apr 6, 2013.

1. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    I haven't watched a draft since the important rounds moved to the weekdays. And damn, we use to have some good times on the weekends watching the drafts.
  2. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    I kind of like it starting Thursday, and I recall them saying last year was one of the highest ratings it has ever received.

I did hear that back in the day each team had an hour to make a selection:confused:
  3. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    My liver can't take a two day draft anymore - and really that's because I'm not smart enough to swear off my brother and my tradition of the NFL Draft Drinking Game, but it is what it is.
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,103 / 34 / -21
    Do you guys take a drink every time someone on the TV says "value pick" or "upside"?:D
  5. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Actually we go way more suicidal. We do mocks and drink the difference (in sips, but numerically) between where you projected a prospect to be picked and where he's actually picked. Further rules were that if you pegged a trade up correctly within 2 picks, you give out a shot; if you miss a predicted trade by the time the trading team actually picks you take a shot; and if you hit both the trade and the prospect picked on the nose everyone in the room takes a shot to celebrate. And we went round by round, so after a 1st round of drinking, you were expected to construct your 2nd round. And on Day 2 it just got nuts.
  6. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I did this in college, except we didn't bother with the rules and just acknowledged that it was binge drinking.
  7. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    Not if having it in primetime make's the NFL more money and thats what they are all about. They dont care what the fans or players think which is why having a franchise in London is the stupidest idea ive ever heard. I dont care if our game is popular with them. That team would never sign any FA's. I know i wouldnt want to be taking long plane flights all the time.
  8. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I miss the weekend draft. Used to take off on the Friday before to prepare and the Monday after to recover. A mini-holiday in April.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. ChargerJeff

ChargerJeff Boltaholic

Ratings Received:
    +334 / 0 / -0
    It's all about money. I hate the current setup - had a great time a few years back when a bunch of us went to Michaels Pub in Vegas for the Draft - good times
  10. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,531 / 7 / -2
    I'm really bummed that it's on Thursday night now, since I work nightshift I can't enjoy in the excessive consumption of beverages of the alcoholic persuasion. I used to take Friday night off to get a good night's sleep before the early morning start on Saturday, but I'm not taking 2 nights off just to watch the draft and drink.
  11. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    In all honesty, even if I wasn't in school and was free on Thursday, I simply have better things to do than watch the draft by myself. On the weekend, it used to be a party
  12. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +260 / 4 / -2
    Wow - what a bunch of whinny alcoholics. :p
    Being a total football nerd, I think it's great that it's stretched out over three days. :abq1:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Thats the other thing, I hate that it is stretched out to 3 days. I loved that I got to see multiple picks in one day. It kept my eyes on the TV the whole day. Now, if I did watch, the moment we made our pick, the channel would be changed since I won't see anything i care about again until the next day