1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

F O O D ! ! ! !

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Chispa, Mar 19, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Played at a pig picking yesterday. Man, that meat was SOOOOOOO good! Carolina-style sauce, pig slow-cooked on Dave's big home-made cooker. The only bad part was we didn't get to bring any home! :icon_sad:

But I do have a mason jar fulla the sauce. :tup:

2. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    And another jar fulla home-made moonshine. :yes: :icon_party:

3. Charger Dave

Charger Dave Back to the Alethiometer..

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Don't screw up and start using the wrong Mason jar as a sop on your pork! (Stuff could get REAL hot in a VERY short time). :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chelsea

Chelsea Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    Hey You!
    I made your recipe last night as one of my side dishes. I grilled some NY strip steaks and some rib-eyes. Cheated and threw some frozen steak fries in the oven. Had broccoli and a killer salad. "Drumstick" ice cream cones for dessert. I had to throw something together that was quick and easy. Spent yesterday from about 10:00AM to about I don't remember when at my son's Little League stuff. That zucchini was awesome! I heated up a huge bowl for lunch today. Thank you honey for the recipe!:yes::yes::yes:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fishing Bolt

Fishing Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    We used to call that squash goulash. Good.

6. Fishing Bolt

Fishing Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Snackin on peanut butter and dill pickles. Delicious.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    It was kinda on the "sweet" side, but I loaded it up (on my plate only) with tons of kosher salt and black pepper....yummmm!:yes:

8. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    Peanut butter and dill pickles together?:lol::icon_party::lol:

9. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    I love peanut butter without the dill pickles...or the jelly :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nah, the moonshine is for the cook, not the meat. :tup:

11. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    what kind of jelly and what kind of peanut buter?
    Gotta be smooth and either grape/strawberry for me

and peanut butter and dill pickles sounds disgusting and offends me to my core.Though i've heard of some very very freakin weird things to combine with peanut butter

12. Deb

Deb BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +255 / 0 / -0
    Oreo Truffels Quick and easy..and OMG Good!

you will need

21 oreo cookies
    8 oz softened cream cheese

1lb Chocolate
    (Hersheys bars, milk chocolate, or milk chocolate chips all work well)

in a food processor, gring your Oreos, then add your cream cheese..nice and gooey!

Refrigerate for 1 hour
    Roll into small balls

Melt chocolate in a double boiler..DO NOT over heat..just melt it!

using a small spoon, coat your oreo mixture with chocolate and refrigerate for another hour.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Sounds like a pregnant idea to me. :icon_huh:

14. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    You forgot the ice-cream Dave!
    I need you to show me some Bubbies again.....I LOVE those damned pickles!:lol:

15. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0

OMG Deb!
    My kids would love this! Thank you~~~Steph:yes:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    ....must.... ignore.... chocolate.... crave.....

Have been eating raw jicama sticks with Hidden Valley Ranch dressing as a snack since last weekend - then here comes somebody with all that sinful stuff starting with Oreo cookies. (Anything that tastes that GREAT must be sinful eh?) :D

17. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Yum!

• Like Like x 2
  18. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    anyone here eat protein bars? and if so does anyone have any recommendations for ones that don't have a week's worth of carbs in them? Zone and Cliff, two bars I like, have way too much

19. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    Who says you can't stir-fry at a campground?

[​IMG]

Asian veggie stir-fry at Santee Lakes last week. :tup:

20. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Some Bulgoggi woulda went great with that!! :yes: :tup: :icon_toast:

21. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    ROTFL! Another "Seoul Man"? Its sure been many a day. :tup:

22. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Huevos rancheros for dinner last night. :tup:

Mmmmmm mmmmmmm good! :yes:

23. AnteaterCharger

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    went to rainwater on ketner here in san diego last night

BEST beef wellington i've ever had!!!

24. Charger Dave

Ratings:
    +989 / 2 / -2
    I snarfed this one over at the 10news.com 4th of July recipe exchange - sounded so good I'm going to give it a try:

CLEMENT FAMILY FLANK STEAK
    1 to 1 and a half pound flank steak
    1/2 cup soy sauce
    1/4 cup red wine vinegar
    1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
    1tsp spicy mustard
    1/2 tsp pepper
    2 tsp lemon juice.
    Put the flank steak and marinade in a shallow glass container, cover and refrigerate for 4 hours. (Longer is fine, but at least 4 hours)
    Cooking is easy. Six minutes on each side on the grill.
    Slice it diagonally, against the grain. If you like horseradish, it makes a great dip for the steak slices.
    Enjoy it!

~~~

I'll be replacing the flank steak with a flatiron steak.

OBTW, before you turn your nose up at flatiron steak, the folks at Iowa Meat Farms know a bit on the subject. Have a peek at what they say in their "Steak Basics" section:

"This is the only premium steak that does not come from the “middle meat.” The flatiron is actually one of the muscles that make up the “chuck,” or shoulder. Coming from there, you would not think that it could be tender. The fact is that it was found to be the second most tender muscle in the animal. It is second only to filet mignon. Its name comes from its size and shape. It is long and flat and varies in thickness from 3/4 to 1 inch.

Besides the incredible flavor and incredible tenderness, we love these things because they are so quick and simple to cook. Just 3-5 minutes per side over a medium hot fire and they are on the table."

25. KimPossible

KimPossible BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,054 / 0 / -0
    Yum.

26. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Tonight we're having a fresh pork shoulder, rubbed with Stubbs rub, baked and mopped with homemade, Carolina-style sauce, then finished on the grill over mesquite chips.

:tup:

27. TheLash

TheLash Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +714 / 0 / -0
    my mom picked the first dozen ears from the corn my son planted at her place this morning and i'll be grilling it up at my bro's this afternoon.

mmmmmm fresh corn on the cob, or as my boy calls it "two-handed corn":yes:

28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Two-handed corn! I like it. :yes: :lol:

There's nothing in the world like fresh sweet corn. :tup:

29. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    Hope ya'll had a wonderful 4th of July week-end!:yes:
    A bunch of my husbands dysfunctional family showed up at my house Friday afternoon. The kids swam for hours, Steph made giant cheeseburgers, hot-dogs, Chips, fruit and ice-cream. Then we were off to Mundelein Days/aka/East L.A. around 7PM. I usually avoid that particular place like the friggin plague. I was made to feel guilty by crazy SIL Lauren....so I went. I approached the place on high alert.....waiting for gang cross-fire to begin. My husband reminded me it was still kinda daylight so I shouldn't be alarmed. Tom and the four little boys proceeded over to the carnival side....Lauren and I did a bee-line for the liquor area/Beer Tent/Band Area. I really really wanted my fourth Chard of the night. It was not to be. OH BOY! I get a choice between Bud and Bud Light! Well gosh! Which one should I pick? My brain is on fast forward looking at all of those nasty porta-pottie things looming in the distance. Bud...Bud Light...Bud...Bud Light, which one will make me pee more? Fugg it, I went with Bud Light but only had three with two trips to the land of nastiness. Fireworks were awesome....kids were sitting on the ground playing with all the worthless chit they won on my dime COMPLETELY oblivious to the WORKS! I thought they were the reason my happy *** is here? Fireworks over....Time to get the hell out of this place! As we are walking out, there are hundreds of wannabe gangbangers walking in. Good timing I say to myself! Get home and all hell breaks loose! I had put Duffy and Booger in the basement before we left to the Barrio. My son Ryan must have let them out. Barky Barky Retardo is having some sort of spaz-attack cuz the kids across the street are firing off ****, I had drugged Callie the Rottie with some unknown pain-killer that belonged to Booger the Pit,she is actually acting semi-normal. Booger has attached himself to my SIL (She is 32 and Down Syndrome) Mary's leg....red-rocket and all! She's screaming help me, Barky Barky Retardo is about to bust an artery and my ear-drums, the brats are outside shooting off fireworks, Callie is kinda mellow. I think I need to eat some of that chit I gave Callie! Tom and Lauren both go to bed and leave me with all of the lot. <<<to be continued>>>

30. Chelsea

Ratings:
    +703 / 0 / -0
    Tom and Lauren leave me with Barky Barky Retardo, Booger the horn-dog, Mary the psycho and four crazy boys between the age of 11 and 13. I finally peel Booger off of Mary's leg and get her upstairs to get ready for bed. She comes walking downstairs in some weird black negligee thing with a beige bra on. The black negligee is hanging about belly-button length. ****! I'm trying to fix the thing and all of a sudden hear MAJOR dog barking coming from my basement where all the kids and dogs are. I run downstairs and the little idiots had shut off all the lights and my nephew Michael (6 feet tall at the age of 13) had decided to dress up like Freddie Krueger! Big black coat, mask, etc.....Booger was having a fit! GREAT! Mr. Pit Bull with the bad rep is FINALLY gonna bite someone? I told the big *** tard to take the costume off and go the hell to bed. ALL of them! Thought I was done for the night. NOPE! One of the little friggin brats let Booger up stairs. He found Mary in her black negligee. Latched on to her leg AGAIN! By now....I have simply had it. I told her to smack the phuckin dog in the face if she didn't want to be leg-humped! Left the room to brush my teeth and find her screaming in my dining room with Booger still attached to her leg! Please say a prayer for me and my sanity!
    Thank You!
    ~~~Steph