1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Face it...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings:
    +1,559 / 7 / -2
    We are NOT as good as we think. This is NOT last years team. Not yet.

Can't beat Miami? R u kidding me? Beat us with the same high school football offense as they did NE. Beat us on the lines. Beat us all over the field.

This team is a huge failure so far. Why? WE'RE SOFT. WE'RE PANSIES. WE'RE ARROGANT.

I take their "start fast" philosophy and wipe my *** with it. How about "TACKLE"? How about "COVER"? How about "DON'T COMMIT STUPID PENALTIES"? How about "BLOCK YOUR MAN"? Both lines got OWNED all day today. Pathetic.

And I swear to God, I see one more Charger defensive player CELEBRATING a 2 yard gain by the offense when it's NOT 3 and 5 I'm gonna scream! TALKING SMACK WHEN YOU'RE LOSING IS A ****ING JOKE!!!!

This is how the Chargers make me feel right now:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Face it, you don't know who or what any team is five games into the season. Things will change between now and the end of the year. We could improve and hit the playoffs on a hot streak again, or we could detoriate further and end up with a top five pick. All options are open right now, and it will depend on the character of the team.

3. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Feel the same way. We are average at best.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    No they won't. Didn't we say "when cooper comes back everyting going to be ok". How did that work out. I'm not being negative, i'm not hating, I'm stating the facts. We aren't that good. Everyone said that with shawne lost we weren't going to make the AFCCG. What did i do ? i laughed. I'm not laughing anymore because it's true. Merriman was more than an a complete linbacker. He was the soul of the team like it or not. We have to face the truth and say hey "LT isn't playing like LT" "rivers can't win all our games". Injuries stick a giant pole up our asses EVERY SINGLE SEASON. But that not an excuse. Giants? Osi out. Strahan gone. Girbril gone. Eli isn't that great. Well the fact is they grabbed there nuts and said "hey i don't give a ****, injuries won't stop us and we will win". Certainly not the mentality the bolts have. No one has the burning desire to win on this team or prove everyone wrong, maybe except sproles or V-jack. Until something proves me wrong (and i don't me a win over the pats or colts) we aren't a championship team mentally. We don't have the mind sets that other teams like Giants have thats why have 0 rings. But you know what i'll stick with my bolts 100 percent of the way even though they are a huge disappointment.

5. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Norv is completely regressing LT's career!!!
    If things continue this way, I don't think he'll last more than two seasons.

I don't know why some of you developed such a large man crush for Norv but I won't be joining you. I'm a Chargers fan!!!

6. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Didn't you start out as a Colts fan? :yes:

7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,227 / 37 / -21
    Dude we should have lost to the Colts last year, and probably the Titans too.

We were lucky to win more than 9 games last year, and we'll be lucky to reach that mark again.

8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    Not really. I wasn't even born to enjoy the days of Unitas with the Baltimore Colts.

I lived in Baltimore and I liked the Colts (before the move) but I still liked the Chargers better.
    In fact, my father brought me to see the Chargers play the Colts at Memorial Stadium when I was like 10.
    So I even saw Fouts play and was cheering for him.

9. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    I was that angry, now I just feel lost.

ACTIONS speak louder than words.

• Like Like x 1
  10. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    yea the fins beat the chargers, again. nobodys kidding you.
    4th and 1 call on the goal line seemed a little dull to me. it was rainy but the bread and butter of this offense is the TE cross/flat, and 1 catch/drop by Gates has to go on the offensive playcalling. maybe AGs not 100% but nobody really is these days. injuries arent an excuse if youre on the field.

whats really troublesome was the lack of pressure on pennington. its hard to hit the qb when you finally fake blitz an end. finally show some presnap movement with the lbs, and then finally blitz that same side? STUNT and SLIDE the linebackers. if you pull a page out of dick lebeaus secret book then do it right. or else get burned by the TE 20 yards downfield, with the ilb trying to bracket. TC needs to get some i think.

11. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Anyone hear how Chambers is doing?

12. exodus

exodus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +133 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, they have no heart. They don't even look like they're trying very hard. They look like they're just going through practice or something. And all the freaking dances and celebrations are just making me embarrassed and angry. It's just depressing.

13. Savage Lizard

Savage Lizard Charger fan at 7000'

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    A-FREAKING-MEN!

I was commenting on the same thing earlier. How f*cking stupid do you look celebrating on 2nd down, then giving up the first down on the very next play. When you're losing no less!

I would love to see a more professional attitude from our players, but hey it's the entire NFL these days. Self-glorification, get on ESPN, that's what's important.

14. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings:
    +192 / 0 / -0

Gawd, I couldn't believe that Cooper was kissing his bicep as the Dolphins ran the clock out on offense, getting first down after first down. WHY ARE YOU CELEBRATING WHEN THEY ARE RUNNING THE BALL DOWN YOU'RE THROAT TO END THE GAME?!?!!?:icon_huh:

15. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I don't think everyone has a man crush on Norv, most of us just refuse to blame him for every f*cking thing that happens. If he screws the pooch, I'm happy to call him on it. But you blame him for EVERYTHING. Hell, I'm sure in your mind it was his fault it rained there today.

If the team looked lost out there, I'd say it was him. But people just aren't getting it done. How many times today did one of our defenders have the ballcarrier for no gain or a loss, but not make the tackle? That's on the player. On the goal line play, LT couldn't go anywhere because our O-line got pushed BACK, that's on them. When LT runs into the line, there is supposed to be a hole there, but often there isn't. That's on the guys who are supposed to be blocking.

Blaming Norv is fine when it's Norv's fault. You just seem to thing that EVERYTHING is Norv's fault, and you make every leap of logic to pin things on him. I'd think he f*cked your mom or something the way you go on about him.

And as someone else said somewhere else, I think deep down you were happy today when they lost, because it would give you an excuse to go after Norv some more. You can deny it all you want, but it's pretty obvious.

16. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I guess the natural phenomenon of aging and nagging injuries have nothing to do with it?

17. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +254 / 0 / -0
    the sky is not falling yet. its only week five, but i do agree, the window for us is cloooooooooooosing.

18. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    I want a coach (and DC) that gets he's players ready from the opening wistle.

I want a coach that has he's players playing with passion

I want a coach who can device a game plan that puts the opponent on it's heels

I'm starting to loose faith in Norv (I already have zero faith in Cotrell)

While we're at it, I think LT is fast declining and won't come back (hope I'm way way of on this) maybe Michel Turner would have been a better long and short option than LT (and I love LT and want him to retire a Charger)

19. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,227 / 37 / -21

Norv is a ****ing *****, he sets this team up for failure every week.

Same with Cottrell and his ******** read and react defense.

I know its considered a blasphomy, but trading LT may not be a bad idea in the interest of finding the next LT.

Loyalty is overrated, more often then not it gets you in trouble.

20. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I want players that can tackle, throw, run, catch and block! :yes:

• Like Like x 1
  21. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    where were you when people wanted marty gone after the pats loss a few yrs ago?

22. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,227 / 37 / -21
    Norvs biggest problem is motivation, he never gets this team inspired to play, he's boring and cliche and should probably be coaching college as a "players coach".

But he's not a terrible playcaller, he's a decent coordinator.

23. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    I don't know about trading him, but maybe keeping Turner (frnachise tag) would have been a good idea

24. MasterOfPuppets

Ratings:
    +409 / 8 / -0
    I'd like that to, but I don't think this team is overmatched talent wise, so it must be something else :icon_shrug:

25. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    With the incredible talent player the chargers have I wonder why it isn't working right. gee, I wonder what it could be.

MOst any coach in the world would drool at having this much great player talent. come on spanos shake up time or sink time.

26. WyomingBoltFan

WyomingBoltFan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    Well it looks like we are now two games behind Denver. :tdown:

27. Savage Lizard

Ratings:
    +829 / 22 / -1
    I wasn't hanging the loss entirely on Marty, I know that much.

Look, Norv was not my choice when we found ourselves looking for a coach, and I am not thrilled with everything he does. But he isn't the sole reason when we lose, just like he isn't the only factor when we win.

Some people want to hang everything on him, and they are just flat wrong. Of course it's much easier, you don't have to think or watch what's actually happening, you just automatically blame Norv whenever things go wrong.

28. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,598 / 48 / -6
    I knew you weren't a real Bolt's fan, thanks for proving it.

• Like Like x 1
  29. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    get out of here TROLL! Mods Someone ban him, he is putting down our awesome Chargers who are the best in the world Mods please ban this troll.

Thanks,

Wah Wah

• Like Like x 1
  30. LV Bolt Fan

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If the players match up with their talent, don't they do what I think they should? :icon_shrug: