1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Face it...

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Ride The Lightning, Oct 5, 2008.

1. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    haha :lol:
  2. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 7 / -2
    Was a great post, I must say.

Indeed you are powerful.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. loweezy

loweezy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +45 / 1 / -0
    His love, his passion... That doesn't go away... Circumstances change. When you're not winning, when you can't perform, it changes the way you are perceived.
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right. "Henry Ford"

We need to start believing we can

or

we won't

:icon_sad::icon_sad::icon_sad:
  5. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    That could be. Time will tell.
  6. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    im with you, most of these guys the hype has gone to there head and they are not coming to play, they think everything is a cake walk cause of last year and in the NFL every year is different, if it takes a coach to modivate you to play then why are you in the NFL, you be fired up ready to hit and play every game,every down with the same fired up attitude every down, take a look at the titans, they care whats going on, finnigan makes a bone head play and the team cap bullock goes after him to let him know they are not messing around, we make a bone head penalty or play and no one says anything to that player, we done have a bullock or a ray lewis to put the rest of the players in their place and its sad cause these guys just have this swagger about them that they think everything is so easy and the Offense will bail them out everytime, well it caught up to us finally, and for all the Norv bashers and haters lets remember that you just dont score 30 points every game, sometimes when ur D is on the field for so long that your O cant get in a rhythm then it happens, the oline is not goign to block every game the way they can, the QB is not goign to make every throw, thats when the other side of the ball needs to step up, show some emotion and not look for a coach to tell you that you suck, when ur getting beat on plays u should know it ur self and say hey u know what we suck lets hit these guys in the mouth, Tom Brady or Matt Cassell is not goign to matter this week if we dont wake up and come to play cause Bellicheat will look at film see that people are running on us and throwing to the middle of the field and thats exactly what they will do, and a note to LT, if ur not healthy and cant even go over the top on the 1 yard line, sit the bench get healthy dont worry about people calling you a puss because ur not a puss if you know ur hurting the team by not being about to be LT
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    Right. I remember last year at times I thought, they didn't seem worried about being behind, cuz they knew they would 'come back. I even began to wonder if it all was an act to get other teams to let up thinking they were going to beat us easily. I even thought maybe we were trying to do the same thing this year, so sure we'd come back and make it to the Super Bowl. HOWEVER, if that's the case it won't work. Consistency is the best way to win - each game, each season.
  8. powayslugger

powayslugger 2014--- Bring on the Lombardi!

Ratings Received:
    +142 / 3 / -0
    I hate to say it but...

We kept the wrong RB. LT has disappointed and Burner Turner is ripping it up in Atlanta.

Is it really his toe or is LT *****ing out?
  9. TheBeast

TheBeast BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 0 / -0
    Your avatar makes everything better.:yes:
  10. Showmeyourbolt

Showmeyourbolt New Member

Ratings Received:
    +192 / 0 / -0
    Haha, people are judging LT's love for the game by a twinkle in his eye, hilarious.
  11. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 7 / -2
    About LT:

I think it's as simple as this: LT is hurt. He needs to SIT. Let it heal instead of trying to play, forcing the issue, and extending the time he's injured by not letting the damn thing heal properly.
  12. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

You're damn straight that was him!!!
    We have yet to see our players show up prepared for a game and thats that coach's job!!!!
    They seem confused, unmotivated, and unsure of themselves. Thats a sure sign of lack of leadership!!!
    The team takes on a personality of it’s coach and that's exactly what we're seeing!!!

Please keep my mother out of it and anybody who thinks I'm happy about yesterday's loss is not too bright.
    I'm just not going to give Norv some man love just because he's not Marty. That's everybody else here. :yes:

With that said, like Marty or not... They were ALWAYS prepared and ready to start under him. They NEVER looked lost on the field!
  13. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,445 / 19 / -4
    B4L
    Oh we looked unprepared at times with marty, trust me. But since becoming such a powerful team its been few and far in between. ONly ones I can remember off the top of my head were the KC away and miami (ironically) game here in 2005.
  14. TJBOLT

TJBOLT New Member

Ratings Received:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    found this on the Sing on sandiego site

chadboyer
    October 6, 2008 at 8:22 a.m. Suggest removal
    0 of 0 people found this comment useful.
    Here is the REAL reason they lost (and it's a true story):

My buddy is a bartender in South Beach. He texted me Saturday night at 6:17 pm EST to say "Dude, like half the Chargers team is in my bar!" At 8:22 he texted me, "You guys are gonna get crushed! Your team is getting hammered! Ha Ha! Go Fins!"

I have these texts in my phone.

So the REAL REASON the Chargers couldn't play was because they were hungover. This brings back memories of Chuck Muncie doing blow off the bar at Monk's. I thought teams had curfews? What the hell is going on with this? I want this investigated! Is this a common occurence? Is this how this Bolts team rolls? Who is the ringleader? Release him/them. These are playboys who think they're so good they can get hammered 12 hours before game time and beat lesser competition. This needs addressing. WHO do they think they are? They are punks.

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2008/oct/05/chargers-s6chnotes195228/?chargers

scroll down its in the comments
  15. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    There were a few times but 99% of the time, we were perpared and ready to start.

I don't know what we show up to do today but it sure as Hell isn't to play. We don't look like a team at all. Just a group of players on the field.
  16. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 7 / -2
    WAT
  17. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0

Work Adjustment Training???

:icon_huh:

:lol:
  18. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    BOTTOM LINE... We've showed up unprepared to start in every game so far and Norv has been outcoached in every game so far (except the Jets game).
  19. MountainDew

MountainDew BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    LT is not hurt, he is just playing with no heart. All of the fame went to his head. He can lick my hairy balls.:tdown: trade his *** we need to rebuild.
  20. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

ONLY one person can pull a player from the game and that one person is the head coach!!!
  21. wrbanwal

Ratings Received:
    +1,036 / 0 / -0
    you give new meaning to "Embrace The Hate" term

:lol:
  22. Chargers-Superhero

Chargers-Superhero Just win the Damn SB !!!

Ratings Received:
    +117 / 0 / -0

AMEN !!! He needs to sit and rest the toe.
  23. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,445 / 19 / -4
    I want to evacuate the hate
  24. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0
    And like I said "ONLY one person can pull a player from the game."
  25. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    idk, but if we lose 7, idk what to expect from these guys anymore, i mean the talent is here, beyond a doubt, the talent is here, its our coaches, and play selection that effs us over.
  26. VikingBolt

VikingBolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +477 / 0 / -0
    You misinterpretted my statement.
  27. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    BS. LT can pull himself. You don't think that a player of his stature can't go to the HC, tell him he can't go, & the coach sends him in anyway? A very few might, but I seriously doubt that Norv falls into that category.

I hate saying it, but LT does need to sit until healthy. The playoffs certainly aren't out of reach & I'd prefer to see him healthy then than to be hobbling along all season.

As for the coaches, I still see a much bigger problem with Cottrell than Norv. The OL played a big part in PR's problems in Miami. The defensive issues? Piss-poor schemes against a notoriously weak-armed QB. No pressure & laying back off of the receivers so he could beat us with time & precise underneath routes. A few hits in the mouth & Chad would have played a much different game.
  28. Ride The Lightning

Ratings Received:
    +1,549 / 7 / -2
    in b4 B4L blames Norv 5683 more times
  29. chargerlipz

chargerlipz Leading the league in nose hairs.

Ratings Received:
    +151 / 0 / -0
    For a team that is suppose to be the most talented we sure do suck. Maybe we can turn it around if we can start playing as a unit & gel.
  30. BrOnCoS/32/33

BrOnCoS/32/33 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Yea when i seen The Phins run the Wildhog Offense on the bolts i kind of cracked up,But its not how you start its how you finish trust me i know that being a bronco fan.