1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Film Project Featuring Bolttalk Personalities

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandolf, Jan 28, 2008.

?

Will Trumpet Man honor his bet with Shamrock?

1. Yes... "brothers" can be trusted.

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  2. No... He will "puss" out like he accuses LT of doing.

14 vote(s)
    60.9%
  1. rexy2006

rexy2006 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    The Pit Bull Strikes Back

Where's My Beer, *****?

Forum Gawd Wars

Bad Newz Rising

Bolts, Beers and Bets
  2. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    I like that one. :lol:

I need to get the creative juices going but my suggestion will definitely have the word HORN in the title.
  3. rexy2006

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Forum Wars: Part 69​

The Hornblower Prophet vs. the Moomaster Gawd​
  4. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Winnah!! :tup: :icon_toast:
  5. rexy2006

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, honey!

If that's too long, there is always "Clash of the Egos"!
  6. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Nah, I like the original, length and all :icon_eek: :tup:
  7. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    :lol::lol::lol:
  8. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Great siggy!! :tup: :icon_party: :icon_rofl:
  9. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I'd been kind of lookin' for a quote for my siggy and figured that I'd know it when I saw it. :lol: OTOH, I'm probably giving that attention whore, too much attention. :icon_shrug:

I also need an "MTL" siggy... One will present itself, I have no worries :icon_mrgreen:
  10. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    You can take that to the bank, Darlin!! :yes:
  11. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    It is nice to get some feedback. After that period of silence I was getting concerned that you all were respecting the Writer's Guild pickets! First a couple of things concerning the title suggestions as I open up today's production meeting.

If you look at this like writing a song... I've just got a few bars of a silly little melody, but it's mood is happy. Think of the structure of this piece simular to a Monty Python sketch. First comes a serious but obviously ridiculous premise... (ie. man returning dead parrot for refund... man soliciting flying lessons from another hanging from a wire)... Then that naturally degenerates into crazyness over a short time... and then ending in utter (no pun) chaos.

As far as the title goes... I can't use anything negative... (ie. Clash of the Egos). That will shoot this thing down before I can establish setting the scene for the film. The title.. "Forum Wars: Part 69"... The Hornblower Prophet vs. the Moomaster Gawd... is amusing and I like it. But again, the first part is negative. About the second part and all things "horn"... it really depends on Tony's level of cooperation. If he rejects the premise of the... (even if it is terribly weak)... storyline... and just sort of appears at the end when the "Forum Gawd" crashes his tailgate... then the film isn't so much about him that he could be worked into the title.

That is kind of what is behind the poll. Trumpie wallows in attention, but can he put his current agenda behind him in order to have a little fun with this? I have no idea so I would ask you to consider a plan for both eventualities.

Next on the agenda is Rexy's offer to provide transport. Thank you very much. I will eventually have to engage a location manager in San Diego if this whole thing is going to work at all. Once the schedule comes out and we decide which game is chosen for this pilgramage... then it will be easier to make some decisions. A certain amount of planning for the production is necessary to avoid wasting time running around like chickens once we get there. This thread is our meeting place for nailing down details.

Okay... here is what I have so far.

First I want to establish myself and why I'd want to do something so ridiculous in the first place... (20 secs. max). (think Python).

For the next sequence I have already arranged from a friend from a local sports network some footage from a few Chargers games and a bit of NFL Films propaganda. I mostly need this stuff to point towards a passion for the Chargers... but more to link it to the passion for writing about them in forums. Besides I need a bit of football material to create graphics.

Next I want to rebuild the original forum bet between The Hornblower Prophet and the Moomaster Gawd in a tv graphic as opposed to a computer hmtl. I forgot to ask my contact if he has any footage of Vick being convicted or going to crowbar hotel. I any of you have some links, pics, or anything concerning this, I would well appreciate some input.

Next I plan to visit the Shamrock farm to set the scene for the departure of the bovine one. I do not plan to spend much more than a minute on that. In that I cannot play the straight man as well as direct and shoot the piece... MAYBE Toby would not mind to take up that part. He also gets along with Trumpy... which as I said... may or may not be important... but ultimately is not a bad thing.

Next comes arrival in San Diego... and that is as far as I have scripted at the moment.

Comments?
  12. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    It would be my distinct honor and privilege to serve in any gopher-type capacity you deem necessary...I mean, we can hardly have the production manager steppin in cow **** at Shammie's ranch, can we??

I daresay.
  13. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    May I suggest you also find a way to incorporate the talents of fwtbolt for this endeavor, as well.
  14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Excellent! Thank you. You might need to go for a tractor ride or get chased around by Shamrock's bull a bit. :lol:

If you could meet me in the airport in San Antonio, and conduct a few interviews there, in La Vernia and in San Diego... well that would be great. I should have pretty much researched most of the questions by then and I will help you along with the "acting" part.

ps... Randy is a cool guy. We'll work him in someplace. Perhaps into "Forum Gawd's" honor guard.
  15. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    I have it on good authority Shammie drives his tractor unarmed, so if Mr Coyote happens along, well, Mrs Shammie's cat's are defenseless :icon_eek:

I can spit from my house to the airport :tup:

Correctamundo...Randy is aces!! :tup: :icon_toast:
  16. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings Received:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    As a result of your title parameters...

Forum Follies

Moo-man-do

Frollicking Forum Fanatics

Search for the Holy Moo

:icon_shrug:
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I like Moo-man-do. This got me to thinking about some kind of "Forum Gawd" costume. Me thinks we need something to set him apart from the rest. Ideas?
  18. rexy2006

Ratings Received:
    +1,829 / 0 / -0
    So, you dont like my title?:icon_huh:
  19. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings Received:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    I like it - "TreeHugger" :lol:

...see 3rd paragraph of post #41 - the Director's Cut :)
  20. DefenseWins

DefenseWins New Member

Ratings Received:
    +246 / 0 / -0
    Was the first thought and personal favorite... has multiple "twists" to it.
    It would definitely have to include his leather throwback hat... maybe combined with a Charger's flag as a cape:lol: (maybe even a minature plastic toy keyboard on a chain around his neck)

Oh... and maybe his special "work" tool in place of a sceptre - or instead, semi-related to the Chargers and cows, a cattle prod (which symbolicly relates to forums too) :yes:

ps. If you need any John Facenda type narrative....
  21. Carrie1219

Carrie1219 Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +2,022 / 0 / -0
    I really did almost spit out my coffee. :icon_rofl::icon_rofl::icon_rofl:
  22. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    The leather hat is good... I was thinking something cape wise as well. We need lots of props... not just for Forum Gawd, but for everybody else too because this film is going to be severely lacking in other effects. I would not be even too low to build in a stoopid pet trick. Or if someone could talk B4L into bringing his chimp along... you know... that sort of thing.

As far as the special "work" tool is concerned... I have seen it and it does not have the threatening appearance of it's legend. If he were actually able to use it on Trumpy though... think of the many generations that would come to... (whoa... better not go there).

You and I think alike. I've got to offer you a job on the staff. Let us meet in that famous place of solitude, drink the holy waters and hammer out a deal. John Facenda and NFL Films is about slow motion, irony and drama. If I get a few nice "rodeo" shots, maybe we can build you into a spoof like take-off on it.

The voice-over aspect was something I was concerned about. There is a story behind this and I well write about that in a separate post. I was thinking about a packaging style like a cross between the "Real Housewives of Orange County" and "Gene Simmons' Family Jewels". Likely with a lot more sophistication in the graphical bits that glue the indivdual segments together. To circumvent my lack of talent as a voice-over announcer... I was thinking about incorporating lower third titles sort of like...

Wednesday 10:30 AM Casa del Shamrock
    Shamrock is still horny as hell, but Karen
    has a few chores for him to do first.
  23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Funny little non-related work story...

I don't like myself much in the role of the voice-over announcer... and at the end of last year I had a little reminder why not.

Between Sept. and end of Nov. last year I was teaching some employees of a sports network in Toronto to handle a piece of editing/compositing software with some limited audio "sweetening" capacity. This kind of work can be boring and redundant and if you are not careful your victims can go... "yeah, yeah, got that", and not learn anything. Invariably when they later start failing at their jobs it is either the machine or lack of good instruction which is to blame.

So to protect myself... (and also to alleviate boredom)... I usually devise a testing mechanism where the "real life" situation is simulated using their material and me posing as the producer/client. This has the advantage that when they dig themselves into the mud so deep that they cannot move forwards or back... then I'll do it and have them carry on... (which they otherwise could not expect from a genuine client). Mostly though I like to remain as passive as possible. The funny part though is that to edit together something YOU like is relatively easy. To adjust it back and forth to the whims of a producer is the tough part. For the sake of my "exercise" I have to "correct" something even if it is not at fault... (most idiot producers do this anyway).

For Sportsnet I took their regular Sunday NFL promo and reconstructed it into what is called in the jargon... a "donut". That means the lead in and the tag... (save for a few modified titles)... remain the same... and the shots in the middle get changed every week depending on who is playing. It is a piece with a black hole in the middle with a chunk of continuous music on one audio track which is to later to be mixed to a voice-over I read myself.

Anyway... the test starts with a briefing where I say... cut it to the music like this or that... frame it with an effect shot... like this and that. Then I take the opportunity to leave them to it and go outside for a smoke. After when I come back to conduct the "modifications"... it did not take much time for most of them to figure out that I am a Chargers fan. "What! Peyton Manning? Get him the faak out of there!" "Could you extend that shot of LT a half sec. for me please?"

With the voice-over part I would generally read the existing copy... (your NFL Sunday tradition continues with three GREAT games). Of course with minor modifications like Seahags for Seahawks and Squaws for Chiefs and that sort of thing. It is fun to do, but a pain to listen back on it.
  24. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Count me out of this little chicken **** plan. :tdown:

After posters find out what your true intentions are that was schemed up with your papa, I do not think posters will find your antics humorous.:tdown:

People for the most part like to deal with humans that are straight up and not frauds.

Anyone participating in this little venture will find out soon enough what it is like to walk around with a knife in the back.

Trust a brother or not, you will see. :yes:
  25. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Uh-oh, another conspiracy. :icon_tease:

Trumpy doesn't want to play because it will make him look like the forum clown. But, Trumpy, you & Shammie are good friends. Why would he want to humiliate you?

It's all in fun, just as you would like for us to believe about many of your "thought-provoking" posts. But since this one pokes a little fun at you losing a very public bet, you don't wanna play.

You're a great poster & lots of fun to spar with but, frankly, if you puss out on this I will have lost some respect for you. :icon_tease:
  26. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    There is even more drama than I can handle going on...

Time to go back to posting about Chupacabra and New York Sewer Gators...

Oh yeah, and rogue garden gnomes kidnapping Leisure for their sexual paganistic rites....
  27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    As you can see... some people would regard you not honoring your bet "chicken ****".

What do you know about my true intentions? You are too wrapped up in your own daily personal agenda to see past the end of your nose. Firstly... I have written on these three boards for over five years now and save for a couple of confrontations, I have enjoyed most of it. If I choose to make a little documentation about these posters when I finally meet them in person... that is my choice.

If the story line about YOUR lost bet bothers you. Too bad. The conclusion of the film would be funnier with your cooperation. You cannot control what other posters would say on camera, but you certainly could influence their opinions if you stop being so frickin' negative! Remember... YOU as an individual here are not so important that I would drag camera equipment around for a week with the SOLE purpose of inserting a pine cone into YOUR rectum.

Concerning my "antics"... I have been in the television business since I was sixteen years old. It has constantly amazed me the fascination people have for seeing themselves on tv. It is still early, but I think when our shooting schedule is finalized I am hardly going to have to beg posters here for an interview.

Sounds like you speak from a great personal experience.

Again... I think you are taking yourself WAY too seriously.
    • Like Like x 1
  28. Boltdiehard

Boltdiehard Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,170 / 0 / -0
    I don't know T-Man you could use this to your advantage if you do this right. JMO. :) :bolt: :yes:
  29. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Ironically, the one with the most potential to make "T-Man" look like a horse's *** is T-Man himself. But this concept is not new.
  30. SanDiegoRon

SanDiegoRon BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +321 / 0 / -0
    I'm shocked,... have never known Tony to NOT embrace notoriety... :lol: I suppose this means he "pussed out".....

tooo bad, I was really interested in appearing in your film as a "perplexed old guy"... :lol: kinda along the lines of those 2 old farts in the Muppets.... :lol:

but I haveta warn you, I'm not good about keeping a straight face in the presence of a complete farce.... :icon_rofl:

just too funny... I'd be drawn to tears.... :icon_rofl: