1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire Mike McCoy!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by HollywoodLeo, Jan 15, 2013.

1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    Dude wears a visor...fire him now.[​IMG]
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Either that, or he absolutely blew them away in the interview. It sounds like they were pretty high on this guy from the start. Acee said that, had the Donks won last weekend, they would have waited another week to interview McCoy, but they would not have waited until after the SB.
  3. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    I heard that, and I stated in my last post in this thread that I'm currently feeling alot better about this hire than I was when it was originally announced.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    What do you expect? People to actually read through the comments before replying? Sheesh.

Fire McLesco!!!!!!!!
  5. starry

starry BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I guess you liked Norv, he was a failure and dragged this team down.

Oh I see you did a fire GM thread too. So you think GMs and coaches are above criticism? Or that we should be perfectly happy not making the playoffs for the last several years and never being a true challenge to the biggest teams since 2007.
  6. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    I think you need to get someone to re-write your humor algorithm.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    My issue with these gys and why we should fire them now: How the hell are we going to find coordinators and assistants that follow the naming convention? MM and TT, means all the other coaches need to be same initial for first and last name. Seriously narrows the field of candidates.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. Lancer 1

Lancer 1 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +164 / 4 / -1
    Cam Cameron runs the Offense, Rob Ryan runs the defense, that’s 2 out of the way! :D
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    http://usat.ly/V37kaU

Mike McCoy embarks on 'opportunity of a lifetime' with Chargers

Mike McCoy knew he was only taking a short trip to San Diego, but he went ahead and packed a large bag for the flight from Denver to southern California anyway. Everything in it was crucial for McCoy, the former Denver Broncos offensive coordinator, to make his pitch for to be the new head coach of the San Diego Chargers.

"They all laughed at me when I walked in yesterday with this big old bag with books and binders and everything," McCoy said. "Well, that's my life's work."
    Those binders full of detailed plans — covering everything from offseason workout schedules to meal plans — won over Chargers president Dean Spanos and new general manager Tom Telesco.

McCoy, 40, was the last of five candidates to interview for the Chargers' head coaching job. Both parties knew Monday night McCoy was the right person to succeed Norv Turner, but McCoy hopped a plane back to Denver anyway. He knew that if he didn't return home to talk it through with his wife, Kellie, he would "be in big trouble."

COACHING CAROUSEL: Around and around it goes
    It ended up being an easy sell. The McCoy family spent the Broncos' bye week in 2011 in San Diego and took their son and daughter to Sea World. McCoy has kept a picture of his kids posing with dolphins in his office at Broncos headquarters since.

"I mentioned to her last night, 'Remember this great day we had? That's where we're going,'" McCoy said." She had no hesitation, and the kids, too. Once they saw that, remembered that great weekend we spent here last year, it's going to be an easy transition."

With his family's blessing, McCoy went to the Broncos training facility to pack up some belongings and tell head coach John Fox he was leaving. A short time later, the whole family was on a plane back to San Diego, where McCoy was formally introduced Tuesday afternoon.
    "This is the opportunity of a lifetime," McCoy said.

McCoy also interviewed last weekend with the Chicago Bears, Philadelphia Eagles and Arizona Cardinals. He didn't have any contact with the Chargers until after the Broncos' loss to the Baltimore Ravens on Saturday, but both sides moved quickly.

McCoy didn't know Telesco before the job interview began Monday, but he was quite familiar with the Chargers after coaching against them eight times in the past four years.
    "The foundation is in place here to build a winner for a long time," McCoy said.
    That nucleus starts with quarterback Philip Rivers.

McCoy emerged as a hot head coaching candidate in 2011 after the work he did in retooling Denver's offense midseason to fit the unorthodox skills of Tim Tebow. In 2012, McCoy showed flexibility as he once again tailored the offense to Peyton Manning.

McCoy said Rivers will have input in the Chargers' new offensive system, just don't expect it to include much of the read-option plays designed for Tebow.

"I thought you were going to ask me if Philip wanted to run the option. He did ask me about that," McCoy said, laughing.

McCoy said he will hire an offensive coordinator who will call plays, a change from Turner, who handled those duties in addition to his head coaching responsibilities. McCoy and Telesco will meet with other Chargers assistant coaches who remain under contract, including defensive coordinator John Pagano, to determine who will stay.

"There's reason for change, and change is good sometimes in organizations," McCoy said.

Follow Lindsay H. Jones on Twitter @bylindsayhjones
  10. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Excuse me, this is the "Fire McCoy" thread. If you want to post puff pieces about our loser of a coach, who STILL has not won a ring, why don't you and the rest of the Spanos apologists/kool-aid drinkers start your own thread.
    • Funny Funny x 3
  11. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    "They all laughed at me when I walked in yesterday with this big old bag with books and binders and everything," McCoy said. "Well, that's my life's work."
    Those binders full of detailed plans — covering everything from offseason workout schedules to meal plans — won over Chargers president Dean Spanos and new general manager Tom Telesco.

WTF this isn't the 70's. This guy is such a great coach but he can't figure out how to turn paper into electronic files??

That better? :p
  12. boltssbbound

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Exactly. Binders of plans? Were they printed on dot matrix printers?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
  14. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +703 / 17 / -3
    The thing I like the most is just hearing the excitement of the players again, Weddle, Rivers. You get a feeling that the believe they can be winners again. No doubt they loved Norv as a person but I don't think they truly bought into his teachings.
  15. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
    I think Norv and his message became stale.
  16. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    What the heck man. These guys are already screwing up the plan! Ken Whisenhunt's initials are KW. How the **** does that work with TT and MM. They better have him filing for a name change before he takes his office. I'd vote for Ken Kunt but that may be slightly "offensive" so maybe Wise Whisenhunt or When Whisenhunt? Of course that leads us to John Pagano. Only one way he stays right? Name Change. John Jagano has a nice ring, but his brother might get pissed so how about Papano Pagano? Then we'd have the initial powerhouse: TT MM WW PP. They could engrave that ont he Lombardi for us.
  17. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    Has he been fried yet?????
  18. SanYsidro Bolt

SanYsidro Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    no hes still here
  19. Rule12b

Rule12b Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +116 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    I'm just happy Cam Cameron wasn't brought back, that would have been a giant leap backward.
  21. CoronaDoug

Ratings Received:
    +814 / 14 / -3
  22. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
  23. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Bump. This guy hasn't won a game yet with the Chargers. Fire him.
  24. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    According to some individuals, Norv always looked stale. Sort of like a large cheese pizza left out for a few days.
  25. Eat My Boltage

Eat My Boltage Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    too damn funny!!!!! Seriously though I will give him a season or two before passing judgement. I mean we had Norvacaine for 6 years this guy has to be better than that I mean he is hiring an offensive coordinator that's something that Norv never did.
  26. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 3 / -1
    Probably longhand.