1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Fire NORV!!!

Discussion in 'Smack Talk' started by in_a_days, Feb 19, 2007.

1. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,006 / 1 / -0
    :lol:

Sorry guys, I try to keep a level head, but I'm not taking this news well... I just want the honor of being the first reactionary to call for his head.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0

:icon_toast:

thx to this **** i have to skip the rest of my classes today and get crunk. who knows how long this **** wil last

f the faiders
  3. msmith

msmith BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    It is not really Turner's fault. Normally when a new HC shows up, he will hire his own assistants. But NO, the all-knowing GAWD has people line up for him, either he likes it or not.
  4. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0

i don understand whut ur tryna say here. all i can see is something about it not being turners fault and the allknowing gawd having ppl line up. i think this is sarcasm but why in the hell cant someone else stand on the sidelines and pretend to be doing something. marty was smart as hell for not keepin his headset on half the time. these players r fukin amazing and dont need a faider fukin **** up pardon my language

of course im biased but my dude lofton would take this team all the way this team doesnt need xs and os to fuk ppl up
  5. Daddy_O

Daddy_O Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +300 / 0 / -0
    Should be titled "Fire (Insert name of existing coach)" and just keep it going from season to season.:lol:

Give Norm a chance. I prefered Rex, but we get Norm.

At the end of the day, in AJ we trust.:tup:
  6. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
  7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    MTL supports Norv and you guys know how I will rip anyone a new a-hole who doesn't perform or who is going to hinder the team. AJ's philosophy is simple; tear off their nutsack and forget about it. Norv is going to help bring AJ's dream to life :icon_bow:
  8. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    If you rip anyone who doesn't perform what's your excuse for Norv not performing as a head coach?
  9. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Sorry I didn't know the 2007 ended already :icon_shrug:
  10. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    So his past coaching experience means nothing?
  11. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Did George Bush's past mean anything to the people who elected him? Granted, yes, he is a failure, but not in the eyes of many americans :abq2:
  12. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,498 / 27 / -1
    And that has what to do with Norv Turner's coaching ability?
  13. in_a_days

in_a_days dgaf

Ratings Received:
    +1,006 / 1 / -0
    :icon_huh:

:icon_shrug:

MTL I'm really glad to hear you put a positive spin on both our coach signings. I've got mad respect for your analyst skills and it seriously makes me a feel a little better to know that you can see some good here.

But WTF are you talking about? 'Cause it kinda sounds like in your analogy AJ is retarded middle-america that put Bush back in office. Bush drove his first four companies into the ground... and no matter how many opportunities he's handed he continues to suck... Is that what you're comparing Norv to?
  14. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0

dude now i know ur wasted. sure ur jus tryna be funny i think but this is insanity. if a team doesnt have faith in their coach they will fail and/or hes a fuk up. now in terms of politics, most ppl voted for bush bc they thought he was the lesser of 2 evils (at least the second time anyways). or it was bc they thought hed go killin terrorists. but if this translates to our coaching situation then smith is a fn idiot.
  15. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    You can look at it another way as well. If the players have faith in their coach and he time after time fails them as marty did then your in big trouble.

I just hope NOrv sticks to running the offense. He's good at doing that. And the towel boy is really the head coach behind the scenes.:tup:
  16. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Take a look at it this way:

No more reverses in the red zone (cost us the playoff game)
    No more prevent defenses (cost us the playoff game)
    No more 15 yard sideline violation penalties (cost us playoff game)
    AJ can sit down with Norv and tell him to bench florence's *** and Norv will listen
    AJ gets his lil buddy to help him with the draft
    No more bullshit excuses at press conferences like Marty
    Norv holds players accountable
    Has more balls than Marty

You guys really don't know anything about Norv (not you IAD but everyone in general) and are basing your opinions on his tenure with a dogshit Raiders team that not even MTL himself could turn into a winner :abq2:

Norv is a great hire and I am kind of happy the Ryan wasn't hired because he was already *****ing with AJ. Norv is going to basically let AJ help coach and AJ is going to let Norv help GM. People have to go hand in hand and help each other out. Any team where AJ has more influence on the players (Marty shut him out like a ***** and wouldn't even listen because he is a stubborn old dikhead) is going to be a better team than one trying to close him off. I can't believe you guys have let the Marty virus get to you. NORV is a better coach than Marty and Cottrell is a better DC than Phillips. AJ is GOD praised be our lord :kisskiss:
  17. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    um, i think the players will be the first to say that they failed marty... now if mgt doesnt see this the same way then ur right, there will be trouble. but like you i hope way down inside that norv sticks to whut hes good at and jus lets the players do their thing. :helm1:

but that thing about bush was hilarious wasnt it
  18. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,011 / 33 / -20
    I had at least 3 other guys I wanted ahead of Norv freakin Turner.
    Rex Ryan, Ron Rivera, and Mike Singletary.

I assume we hired him to help Rivers, after he did such a "great" job with Drew Brees in 01'? Drrrrr. This guy is an average coach at best.
  19. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    lost in all your reasoning is cams bullshit playcalling, which cost us both playoff games las 3 yrs. benching florence is dumb too, as a player should be able to have a chance to be forgiven. this team already needs a better dime back. now in his tenure in oakland i hold him accountable for killing the spirit of the team. sure randy had a better qb in minnesota but this doesnt mean he cant be utilized like he should. this dude couldnt figure out how to get the ball to moss, and for that reason alone i question this move. and why do u think the team would try to close smith off?.:unsure:
  20. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Marty has gotten into your head and fuc'd you up bigtime. There is no hope for you :no:
  21. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    If Norv fires Crosby he will be all right with me.
  22. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    you really think florence should be benched/cut bc of the headbutt? i think he should still start the beginning of next yr bc the dude is a good fn player. hes got all the tools and hes not fd up in the head like u think. maybe the refs fd up that play (among others) but noone seems to wanna go back and look.
  23. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Florence is just plain average and can be upgraded. In case you haven't noticed, the headbutt is just one of the many dumbass moves this guy has made on a football field since joining the club in 2003.
  24. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    if u wanna go into detail about these dumbass moves thas fine with me, but this guy will start somewhere else if smith cuts him, write that down. hes no jerry wilson, he held off cro bc he was simply better than him. if u wanna cut ne1 in the secondary start with kiel. drayton jus has to work on his hands, or control his nerves better in pressure situations, which should be understandable given all the fn pressure being put on him anyways
  25. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Let him start somewhere else... he will also get burned somewhere else, commit stupid penalties somewhere else, fumble returns somewhere else, drop easy interceptions somewhere else, etc.. etc...
  26. reef shark

reef shark BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +49 / 0 / -0

burned on the deep ball or burned bc of wades ***** sceme? like i said he will work on his hands and the picks will come. if you neglect to mention how other dbs r droppin picks then i think you can cut florence some slack, bc he has all the tools.
  27. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +323 / 3 / -0
    Whatever you say chief :tup:
  28. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Only good news about Turner is that Marty is still fired.
  29. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I just shudder to think of a Turner lead team with the problems we had last season. Kiel, Foley ect....
  30. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings Received:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    This hiring wreaks of an AJ power play.