1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Five Questions with #57, Jonas Mouton

Discussion in 'Latest Chargers News & Headlines' started by Concudan, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,640 / 38 / -8
    I was lucky enough to be at Chargers Training Camp the other day, and had an opportunity to catch Rookie Jonas “The Assassin” Mouton in the locker room. Jonas was drafted by the Chargers is the 2nd round of this years draft. He is a prototypical linebacker, at a height of 6-1, and a weight of 239 pounds.

He was one of the Big Ten’s leading defenders, starting 34 games for the Michigan Wolverines, where he was a 4 year letterman. It is reported to have excellent upper body strength. On the practice field he showed good instincts and athleticism, on one play he watched Quarterback Billy Volek, moved quickly to his passing lane and made a great play, jumping up to knock the ball down. He appeared to always be on the move during practice, which is something he was known for at the collegiate levels, playing from whistle to whistle.

I sat down with Jonas to welcome him to the Chargers; he is a local So Cal man, whose home town is Los Angeles California. I asked Jonas 5 questions;

Jonas, thank you for taking the time to speak with the fans at BoltTalk, and we would like welcome to the Chargers.

Question: You were taken this year in the draft, with the 61st pick, how are you feeling right now, and how are you liking the NFL Environment?

Mouton: I’m loving it down here in San Diego, man, all the guys are great and all the coaches are great. You know it’s just a great time so far.

Question: Given the shortened off season how are you coming up to speed on the defensive scheme?

The shortened off season impacts a rookie player harder than the veteran players, so how are you coming along?

Mouton: You know what; I think I am coming along just fine. I feel like I am making progress day by day.

Question: What have you noticed in regards to the locker room environment? You are coming from College into the Pros, what differences have stood out to you?

Mouton: I think the biggest difference is there are a lot of reporters in here after every practice. (laugh). Other than that, it is a locker room full of football players.

Question: What can the fans expect from you this year?

Mouton: To contribute where ever the coaches want me to contribute.

My impression of Jonas was that he was a down to earth well spoken young man with a sense of humor. I wish him well on the season and look forward to him contributing on the defense.

Attached Files:

2. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 1 / -0
    Nice interview there Conc! Need to put the word out to get some of these guys to call in for the Podcast. :)
  3. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Nice Conc. I got a good feeling about this kid. I think he's gonna infect this D with a head-hunting mentality.

Our FO better get the pussilinious fine money ready.