1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Floyd out for season per agent

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Razma, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Razma

Razma Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +57 / 0 / -0
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    :(

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,487 / 19 / -4
    Freeney is out for the season too.

4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    That makes 4 seasons in a row on IR for Floyd.:( I really like the guy but I can't see a reason for bringing him back to finish out the last 2 years of his deal. He's just too injury prone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    FUDGE MONKEYS!

6. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +901 / 5 / -0
  7. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    I like Floyd... But he is starting to look as if he is made of glass. Has he ever played a full season for us?

8. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    While he has missed games to injury he hasn't been IR'd 4 years in a row. Let's not get crazy here. He was IR'd for the final 2 games of last season after an ankle injury, one that likely wouldn't have sidelined him for a season had it not happened in December. He missed 4 games in 2011 (nagging groin pull I believe), 5 in 2010, none in 2006 and 3 in 2008.

This most recent injury was a freak accident - not sure how you can put it on him on such a bang-bang play... I'd bet money 99% of players who take a hit like that don't walk away on their own.

I'll admit he's proven to be injury prone but not to the degree you're describing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    As usual: The voice of reason. (what the funk are you doing here?!?)

p.s. Nagging Groin Pull was one of my favorite '70s bands...

10. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings:
    +2,256 / 38 / -21
    He misses a lot of games, and leaves a lot more early, way more than Ryan Mathews who most people hit with the same tag. Hell depending on your point of view (given now he's got a neck issue) he got lucky he didn't tear his ACL in August. His long term absenses are as predictable as yearly taxes, and he makes a good chunk of money for a guy who has never broken 1000 yards....due only to injuries.

I'm a huge Floyd fan, but he is never around when we need him. If we can find a more reliable player in the offseason I vote move on.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Far more than RM24, but he has taken much less flack for it.

12. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. While the man is injury prone, you can't really fault Floyd for getting injured here when his neck got accordioned (not a real word, but meh, you know know what I'm trying to say).

Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being his last season in Charger blue. It's a shame too. Floyd's quite the contributor when his body isn't failing him.

13. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I agree with Sydalish. While the man is injury prone, you can't really fault Floyd for getting injured here when his neck got accordioned the way it did (not a real word, but meh, you know know what I'm trying to say).

Whatever the case may be, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up being his last season in Charger blue. It's a shame too. Floyd's quite the contributor when his body isn't failing him.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    Definitely less flack than RM. My guess would be production when he is in the mix and lack of fumbles :p dnce that seems to be the bug up most folks' butt about him.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

15. Concudan

Ratings:
    +3,824 / 39 / -8
    Exactly, once the ire of the 'laid back' San Diego fan is raised, no fact shall dissuade us! :D

16. Sydalish

Ratings:
    +1,635 / 11 / -0
    Rabble rabble rabble!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. nflhof

nflhof BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +93 / 2 / -0
    Hey it's pro football and these guys get hurt. I hope he does what's best for himself and get healthy. He's been nothing but a model of hard work and excellence. Id love to see him back next year stronger than ever. M80 forever!!!

• Like Like x 1
  18. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +529 / 13 / -3
    Floyd is a great guy, but he's 32, and is due for an injury every season where he misses at least 4+ games. For a guy making 7+ million in '14 and '15 and finally becoming a free agent in '16 when he's 34 is too much for me, when we can use that money elsewhere or on a reliable WR.

That's if his body isn't broken down yet.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    Key notes,
    I like M80.
    He's hit his Peek already (25 - 27). As everyone knows he's "hasn't" been the number 1 wr. With the OFFENSE coming alive this year would have been a break out year for him. (Even in the short passing game). I agree with Supercharger. Chargers going to probably go shopping for WR. (Which the already have (Draft)The year is still young as are WR's.

32nd birthday. Translation, Floyd is no guarantee to be back with the Bolts in 2014 even though he's due $5.75 million through 2015. He's out of guaranteed money after this season. A one-dimensional deep threat, Floyd has never caught more than 56 passes in a season, and has long had durability issues.

Source http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/3086/malcom-floyd

Those number don't lie.. We'll probably see him in DEN or NE. Next year!

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  20. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +529 / 13 / -3
    Well, statistically last year probably would of been the best of his career. He was on pace for a 1,000 yard season, but once again, by no surprise his season ended on the IR. Also 2011 was a pretty good season for him. But, he found himself on the IR again.

He fits a team who is looking to exploit his vertical game. I think, if Keenan Allen keeps improving week by week, he'll be a starter by next year if he hasn't already.

But really interested to see what Vincent Brown can do now. He is the WR1, he has to step up big time. He's been targets 23 times this season and hauled in 15 receptions. Last week he hauled in 7 passes on 9 targets on a pretty good CB duo in Brandon Carr and Morris Claiborne.

But we definitely have to search for a possession like WR1. I believe Anquan Boldin is on the market after this year, and man would I love to see him with this team in Whisenhunt's offense, Boldin produced at an elite level with Whisenhunt in that offense with a 40 year Kurt Warner in Arizona which led them to the Super Bowl.

21. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +901 / 5 / -0
    I like what I am seeing out that Allen kid. He is starting to remind me of "Spiderman" Eric Parker with the acrobatic catches.

• Agree Agree x 3
  22. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,614 / 49 / -6
    Bad break for Floyd he always seemed to give it his all on every play and I do believe he caught Rivers first TD pass and I think his also. Excellent guy and fairly decent player, if he ends it as a Bolt I'd be happy for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1,462 / 36 / -16
    This absolutely breaks my heart.

This young man has shown enough--while just going from one injury to the next--

that it's clear that greatness was a real possibility for one with so much talent.

I'm not the kind to use phrases like "china doll" etc., which seems like kicking a

guy when he's down. Especially when that guy is wearing bolts.

I fear this may (need to) be the end of Malcom's Charger days. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +901 / 5 / -0
    ^^^ Naw, all he needs to do is work on that pencil-neck, and do nothing but work out until his neck looks like John Cena's...

25. EOTL

EOTL BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I wouldn't be surprised if he goes to Cleveland or Carolina either. It wouldn't be the first time we've had guys end up on those teams.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Kayworks

Kayworks BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +45 / 4 / -0
    "Following Old Coaches" What a football series with LT comes to mind.... (HOME, FATHER, ETC)