1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Foley Shot!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Sep 3, 2006.

1. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    I disagree. In close combat it is almost ALWAYS better to charge than to retreat. Charging puts pressure on the person with the weapon. Retreating gives him time to take a deliberate shot.

• Like Like x 1
  2. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,086 / 31 / -0
    Come on T, you don't know how that feels. With your level of enthusiasm, I bet your a one pump chump. :icon_rofl: :icon_rofl:

That is, if you aren't too drunk to get it up. :icon_eek: :icon_party: :icon_toast: :icon_banana: :icon_tease:

3. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    K*M*A & you know the rest. :lol:

4. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Man I'm pissed(i just read the breakdown of what apparently happened that night)...We all know damn well if he wasn't a massive black dude he wouldn't of been fired on!!! I truly believe that, I usually don't support football stars who get in trouble with the law, but it sounds to me like extremely excessive force was used in this situation and it makes me so mad I'm steaming...F the po-lice!

I do think that this could be the catalyst to a super-bowl run or a complete collapse, I'm praying not the latter!:unsure:

• Like Like x 1
  5. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    um...actually I grew up in Poway and it is an extremely quiet city...so yeah this is a load!!! And on the record, if the cop was calling for backup for twenty minutes or whatever that lie was then he would of had it...PO-way is the cop mecca of the world and would have had 30 sherrifs trailing him!!! This screams rookie mistake:tdown: :tdown: :tdown: ! I hope he makes a quick recovery!

6. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    They fire warning shots like...um...never!!! This screams crap spaz cop and I can't believe Foley could of died from this crap...so f-ing lame:tdown: !

7. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    That's exactly right...it's all about his appearance because a white dude 5'10" 170 gets out and I assure you lethal force is not used!

8. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Sounds totally believable to me...you see how nice the car he was drivin was!!! God I really don't want to support a professional athlete over the police but I just feel that he was wronged severely!

9. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    That's cool...my Dad owned the White Star/Oasis night club and Fine Dining Resteraunt out there for 7 years(late 80's early 90's)...it was the ONLY happenin' spot in all of that fiery hot town know as ridgecrest!

10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Was that the old JD's bar? I'm not sure if it changed names.

My Dad still lives there. Up on the hill near the college.

11. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Agreed...running means you'll get shot in the back...also, you're gonna die tired.

12. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0

IN war school we were taught to zig zag. Just don't stand still. I most usually zig zagged backwards thinking it would lessen my size for him to shoot at. My sargent always yelled at me. But without a weapon i'm trying my best not to get shot by who's shooting. Also hitting the ground is good but only if your far enough away. Gives the shooter less to shoot at. If your in a shootout and you have a weapon its recommened to hit the ground. less of you for the other shooter to aim at and you can steady your weapon on the ground. Helpful hints to those in a shootout tonight.

13. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    :icon_rofl: :hilarious: :icon_banana:

14. foober

foober BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +200 / 0 / -0
    When I first got into the airforce they wanted me to be a commando. After realizing I'd get shot at and would have to shoot at people I reallized it wasn't my calling. So I joined on the air force swim team and then transferred to being a fireman. Fireman got 3 days off and only had to work for 4 days. And no one was shooting at you. Didn't take a rocket scientist to tell me where my calling was. Plus we slept half the time we were on the job.

15. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I think I would do the same thing.

It comes down to economics and how you like your body parts to be arranged - or re-arranged. :yes:

They would not pay me enough to have some assshole to shoot at me and me shoot back - unless I were a pilot in some ET space craft like the movie Independence Day and the thing had shields. :tup:

I need shields or they can go fuc themselves....and I need some photon/quantum torpedos as well. :icon_toast:

16. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Those also serve who...sleep alot.

17. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    It's a mindset that's not for everyone. Even the guys that do it get scared. Anyone who says they don't are lying or crazy. Overcoming being scared and still doing your job without pissing your pants and crying in a fetal position is the key ...

• Like Like x 2
  18. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    I am not so sure it is the scared part. It is more what am I getting paid for this as a profession which could end with a bullet at anytime.....

Mother fuggers would have to pay me enough to take care of my family if I got killed in action.

19. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    SGLI

20. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    It was the white star mine on the very outskirts of town, I haven't been there since I was 8 so I remember very little about it...the club was converted from a big gym by my Dad in the 80's, that's all I really know...it was on the site of the "old white star mine" i've been told.

21. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Then I would not have a problem playing Rambo. :icon_eek:

22. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Okay. The one heading out towards 395 ???

I think it was a day spa or something like that for chicks in the early to mid 80's?

23. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    http://www.kffl.com/hotw

Chargers | Officer felt trapped when he shot Foley
    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:50:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports Coronado police officer Aaron Mansker felt "trapped" in a suburban cul-de-sac without backup when he shot San Diego Chargers LB Steve Foley. Mansker decided to stop his pursuit of Foley when no one responded to his calls for help, but he found himself blocked in a dead-end street where Foley lives. Sheriff's deputies arrived around a minute after the shooting, according to San Diego Deputy District Attorney Jim Koerber. Koerber told the judge, "At this time, the officer was trapped."

24. CrmWestwood

CrmWestwood BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +43 / 0 / -0
    Too young to remember but that sounds right.

25. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0

The dumb bass trapped himself. Next excuse .......

26. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Trapped my *** :mad2: :tdown:

27. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    The kid panicked. I wish they'd just admit it.

28. Johnny Lightning

Johnny Lightning Go Bolts

Ratings:
    +1,703 / 0 / -0
    Word [​IMG]