1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Foley Shot!!!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by eldwin, Sep 3, 2006.

1. BFISA

BFISA Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +2,171 / 0 / -0
    Rambo's a jerk.
  2. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    I think OJ should have used this same defense for his actions. Sure, he would have been convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the criminal case, but I don't think he would have lost the civil suit. I mean, who could possibly blame him for slaying two people who cornered him in the courtyard of his ex-wife's house? After all he was only there to trim the bushes with his Hanza sword, and the next thing he knows some waiter comes up behind him with a pair of sunglasses! He must've been scared shitless... especially when his ex-wife tried to shew him away with her scented candle!

Of course this kid was trapped. A cul de sac is only what... 30-40 yards wide? No way he could squeeze his car out of there and make a break for open road. He had no choice but to shoot and clear a path.
  3. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Oh .... my. This is interesting. UT link.

4. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    If that's true, then Mansker shot Foley when his back was turned to him!

Since there was no scuffle for the gun, that's the only way I can see a guy getting shot, TWICE, in the BACK of the leg.
  5. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Remember how the cop said (in the report and initial press stories) he shot Foley once and he kept coming at him?

Well, even if the first shot hit Foley on the front of his body, then the cops story is just not true. If this is right that Foley was hit twice on the back of his leg, then the cop is a flat our liar. His entire story's credibility is now questioned.

Also, if this is true, then this must be classified an un-just use of lethal force by the Sheriff's Office board/panel. The one who needs to be arrested is Aaron Mansker.
  6. Trumpet_Man

Trumpet_Man New Member

Ratings Received:
    +654 / 0 / -0
    Two Hours To Foley's Revenge
  7. turbo_turtle

turbo_turtle In Disguise

Ratings Received:
    +890 / 0 / -0
    :bolt: AMEN Bolt BROTHER:bolt:
  8. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    Thinking more on this ......

That's FOUR shots.

2 - back of left leg
    1 - right hand
    1 - outside of left thigh

If it was his right hand, then maybe one shot made two holes - if Foley had his hand near his thigh. But, it makes no sense that Foley's right hand would be on his left thigh.

I'll be interested to see how the sequence of shots is pieced together, and Foley's hand actions and body movements in relation to the direction of the shooter.

Better be no "magic" bullets like in Dallas from the Grassy Knoll .....

Right now, I believe we're at SEVEN shots. Four into Foley, two into the car, one into the bushes. How many shell casings were found? Was his weapon a revolver or semi-automatic with a clip?
  9. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0
    If it turns out to be a revolver, Mansker might be in even more trouble. Reload anyone?
  10. Shamrock

Shamrock New Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,243 / 0 / -0
    The hand injury could be from him reaching down, but if all the wounds were to his left leg, then that seems strange.

Still, this info is from Foley's agent, so it's not "concrete" yet. BTW: Neither is anything from the cop or SDSO ....

The civil case will be a must see on Court TV .....
  11. WonderSlug

WonderSlug New Member

Ratings Received:
    +851 / 0 / -0

Yeah. I think Foley's got a good case now. Now, which lawyer will he choose?