1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Mock Draft Video - February

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Feb 22, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0

Good afternoon Chargers fans! Here's my Feb mock draft video!

Enjoy!

Em
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Can't for the life of me see how Griffin is chosen by the Vikings, even assuming there's no trade. I'd sooner believe them drafting Claiborne ahead of Blackmon over Griffin.

Perry is basically pencilled in on everyone's board until/unless something changes at the combine/pro day. I like Mike Adams to us in the second even if I doubt he'd get that far. It'd be a pleasure to remove Jeromey Clary from the line up
    • Like Like x 1
  3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0
    Its weird how everyone has just zeroed in on Perry being the pick! The Vikes really need to take a long look at Griffin... Webb is better than Ponder and Ponder has shown that he can't stay healthy (similar as college). I honestly believe that Griffin will go to the Redskins at 6 without a trade
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    I think people are zeroed in because it just makes obscene sense right now; top (by most standards) pass rusher on the board at 18 (for now) especially with Courtney Upshaw (to many better than Perry) off the board. At the end of the combine, maybe Upshaw drops below Perry or maybe both of them end up going before the Chargers. Either way it just seems to make perfect sense - which I think, in a sick way, means it won't happen and AJ will go Andre Branch or Melvin Ingram or something :-P. Unless Dre Kirkpatrick or Jon Martin drop to us, gotta imagine we will go OLB

I think though the Vikings are in the same conundrum that the Titans and the Jags are in - they drafted a QB early in the first out of panic from the strike and now don't really know what to make of their pick. They could draft Griffin but that would mean failure on the part of their GM - not a comforting thought in addition to having to trade Ponder at a big loss. Doubt it'll happen.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0
    That's the result of poor GM decisions. When both teams really didn't have QB issues to begin with. That's unfortunate because they don't want to admit fault. It was good to see Carolina admit fault and draft Newton!
  6. AnteaterCharger

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Admitting fault even in such a desperate situation (at the time being uncertain there'd even be free agency) would hasten their firing. It won't happen. I'd be willing to bet you that Griffin is not picked by the Vikings even if he's on the board there.
  7. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings Received:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    It's not as much of a lock as you'd think, because the financial implications tied to it aren't that harsh anymore.

That said, someone's going to trade up to #2 with the Rams and take Griffin there - if for no other reason that with no Billy Devaney there any longer, and Jeff Fisher being the guy with the most clout in that war room, they'll likely be more willing to take a slightly lesser deal from a team moving up so long as they're still in a position to get one of the top guys on Fisher's board. Which likely leaves Matt Kalil teed up for Minnesota at probably their biggest need (Charlie Johnson was terrible at LT for them last season).