1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Mock Draft Video - Final Mock

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by EmDiggy, Apr 17, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0

Good morning Bolt fans! Here's my final mock for April!

Enjoy!

Em
  2. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    If Fletcher Cox fell THAT far down I'd absolutely be all for taking him. We might've added a DE in the last draft but he's too good to pass up, even with Mark Barron on the board. I'd be astonished if that happened, there's alot of teams that need DT help ahead of us.

Do you see there being a big run on WRs? I'm starting to see some of the same motions that I saw last year with the quartberack run, so I'm questioning if there's going to be similar with WRs. If that's the case, then AJ Smith might just be a genius
  3. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0
    I think WRs will be the one to get ran on early...especially if the Browns go Blackmon at 4
  4. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,014 / 33 / -20
    Gotta say I hate this pick for a lot of reasons...

1. We just went 3-4 DE last year.
    2. It does not help our 32nd ranked 3rd down defense at all.:tdown: Our run D will already be solid.
    3. He is a Liuget clone, which means he's a 3Teq who will have to be moved out of his comfort zone to play for us. If you need more proof look at whats happened to Glenn Dorsey, another guy who should remind you of Cox and Liuget.
    4. We don't need a 3-4 DE, Martin showed a lot of promise last year, and was actually pretty damn great at times.
    5. We still have Castillo, Cesaire, and we re-signed Garay who can play all 3 D-line positions.
    6. Just trust me (and LBC) when I say you can find run stuffing 5 teqs in the 3rd round or later...and infact you should probably never draft one higher than that.

I know Martin, Castillo, and Cesaire are on 1yr deals right now, but there is no reason to spend a PRIME VALUE pick on this position right now. This is an issue that can be fixed with a 4th round pick this year, or even better next year.