1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Football Gameplan's 2012 Wk 4 Chargers vs Chiefs Video Preview

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by EmDiggy, Sep 26, 2012.

1. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0

Good morning Charger fans! Good luck this week!
    Em
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Whooo Hooo!!!..... You picked the Chiefs!!!

We have a chance this week. ;)
  3. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Chargers 27 Chiefs 14
    Thanks EmD! Slam dunk so far going against your Chargers predictions.;)
  4. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I like the whiteboard work, Em. As for the prediction, I believe that my fellow posters have already covered that. :D

Here's to making my KC-loving wife sad this weekend!! :chiefssuck:

I'll buy her flowers on Monday. :)
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Oh .... and Hudson is out for the year.
  6. EmDiggy

EmDiggy BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +21 / 3 / -0
    Thanks Gang! I guess I'm good luck in that manner :) LOL

What has been the most difficult thing to watch about the Chargers this year?
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    The Falcon game!!! :eek:
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    The same old **** being re-hashed on this forum. :rolleyes:
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    The inconsistency of the team.

It might sound like an excuse, but having so many new players, both free agents and drafted rookies starting makes for a long gelling period. In the past, we often brought back almost all of our starters from the prior year. The players need more time together to see what this team can really become.
  10. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Homer apologist. ;)
  11. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Has Homer ever apologized?

Fixing the O-line would help:

Rivers faced pressure 20 of the 40 times he dropped back to throw Sunday. As one would expect, Rivers' efficiency drops significantly when he's on the run.

According to Pro Football Focus, Rivers this season is 22-for-44 for 234 yards, a touchdown and all three of his interceptions when put under pressure (as the website defines it).
  12. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +231 / 22 / -3
    I said it in the Falcon game thread. If we did lose to ATL, that we will be able to pull a W out of Arrowhead for the first time in 4 years.

Lookin good so far. SD needs the W to improve as a team. KC is (probably still high) from the comeback vs NO and are going to play down to their usual after a Big win. Also jus heard tonight from the KCF friend that the coaches let Brady Quinn take half of the practice snaps this week. And the understanding is, if Cassell starts to suck it up again they are going to do the right thing and bench a consistent loser for a still yet unknown to the Organization potential starter.

IMO our D will handle KCs best efforts to light up the scoreboard via Cassel. We very well could see the benching of Cassell. Stopping the run, well that depends alot on if they run the ball with the right back from the gate. (same goes for SD on the Back selection for particular series'.

We win big, PR gets hit ALOT 2 INTs or a fumble and somehow Cassel still throws for close to 300 yards and keeps his job. *ok im jus crossin my fingers at this point that Cassell can keep foolin Pioli about his ability as a field general.
  13. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Rivers making the same mistakes as last year. Granted, he's under pressure, but that doesn't mean he should keep challenging double coverage with no opening.

Saints are going to win this coming week. Pick them if you want to break your Chargers losing streak ;)
  14. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,688 / 44 / -26
    Rivers needs to remember that he's not throwing to Jackson anymore. When Meachem is covered, he has to throw elsewhere. He can't just throw the ball high, like he can to Floyd (and did to Jackson).
  15. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    Runs up the middle for little gain on 1st down.
  16. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +440 / 2 / -1
    DB play is what bothers me. QJ gives you 110% every week. He is strong, smart, and knows how to play the position. The problem is he is 32 years old, starting to feel the effects of father time, and fast receivers can give him troubles. Cason is really frustrating. He has flashed skills int he past but he plays off so much that it kills me. I understand he is in a zone more often then press man but even in a zone you can break ont he ball to make a play as opposed to waiting for the catch then tackling. And he has issues with the double move. I believe that Shareece Wright is ready to take Cason's place as soon as he can get back healthy. Gilchrist could be moved there as well, but I like him in the nickel. And sorry Em, but as long as Cassel is the QB in KC, I wouldnt pick them to win much. He has outstanding WR's, great RB's, a decent O-Line, and he cannot get it done. The straight up athletic ability of some of his players can win them some games, but he makes poor decisions and gets happy feet.
  17. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Not sure he's going to remember that.....