1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For the pessimists

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Buck Melanoma, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,154 / 37 / -21
    Agreed. Regardless of their record, to beat a desperate and motivated team in their own house, with an elite QB of their own, would go a long LONG way towards convicing me it was the right choice to keep Norveloss.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    Yeah, if you force me to take some kind of opinion on the team I may lean in this direction, but as I've grown older as a football fan I've grown to hate this whole habit we get into trying to predict the future and collectively decide how well we think the team will do in the future.

I just watch the games. If they win, awesome. If they lose, well, that sucks.

Thus far, they've won 3 times and lost once.

But here's the crux of my viewpoint on this whole matter. You say we're a step closer if we beat New Orleans. But every Sunday is a new game. Even if we got humiliated by New Orleans we could still conceivably go 14-2 and win the Super Bowl, or we could finish 3-13 and curse the world. Who knows?

But, beating New Orleans won't put them any closer to winning the Super Bowl than beating Tampa Bay later in the season would. They add the same number of Ws.

The only difference between the two is the former would make some fans feel more comfortable about their chances in the future.
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Ride The Lightning

Ride The Lightning Join the Dark Side, we have cookies.

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 7 / -2
    A step closer to being considered an upper crust team, that's all.

Of course they could lose Sun and still run the table and win it all. Conceivable? Yes. Impossible? No. Probable? Maybe. Obviously no one knows, that's why they play the games. All we can do is make predictions based on past performances, hope for the best, and talk sh1t when they lose.
  4. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    I will leave my judgement to the Denver games. If we can pull out 2 victories there then i just might believe in our D but until than I don't see Norv being more powerful than Fox.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    The next two games are critical for this team. The Saints' offense is a huge challenge and we know what the Chargers' achilles heel is (secondary) and how they've responded to an elite QB with good receivers (see: Falcons). I have more confidence they'll beat the Donkeys because of prior success vs. Peyton and his lack of experience with his young receivers in Denver.

The Saints are going to hang a minimum of 28pts on this defense Sunday night if they simply play pitch and catch and manage to hold onto the ball. They will move up and down the field at will. The key will be answering each score and not leaving points on the field if the D does produce turnovers. And it'll be a close game... I believe all of their losses are by 6pts or less.

Donkeys are going to be reeling after they lose to the Patriots. So beating them and putting them 3 games back at our bye week is going to instill so much confidence in this team they will be hard to stop.

Go into the break 3-3 and it'll be same ol' same ol' for the underachieving Chargers (at least, that will be the media spin) and it'll be the truth. And we the pessimists can stay put until proven otherwise.

PLEASE PLEASE Chargers... prove me wrong.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    if we put enough pressure on Brees our secondary doesn't have to be ProBowlers, however, we have to find a way to stop Sproles. I expect Brees to be using Sproles as a dump off.
  7. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    along with Graham.
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,574 / 44 / -6
    I put the onus squarely on the defense in this upcoming game. The chargers don't have an "Elite" defense and never have as a general rule. The defense I've been watching has a chance to become one and this game is certainly another stepping stone in reaching that status. Forcing field goals overs TD's will be a victory in it's self, a well timed turnover and score is something championship teams just seem to get along the road to victory. Pag's gets a very crafty offense to work his guys against and I think they'll be up for the task.
  9. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    MOAR INGRAM!!!! :abq1:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,584 / 29 / -1
    You're probably right with that first sentence, but I guess what I was really trying to say up there is I've lost all interest in the team being considered "elite" or "upper crust" or whatever else. I don't care what level people consider them to be on. I just want them to win.
  11. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +604 / 11 / -4
    Agree with that. But I'd add 'in playoffs' to the end of that. Tired of 1 and done.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 35 / -22
    Hearing this criticism from you is cute, considering that you've been "moving the goalposts" for the past 3 years in order to keep defending AJ and Norv. You don't possess the strength of character to ever admit that any of the AJ and Norv critics have been correct in their pessimism over the past few years, so you constantly "move the goalposts" and come up with more stupid excuses to defend them missing the playoffs.

Of course, to avoid having to admit being wrong, you usually disappear right around the time the team misses the playoffs and then reemerge several months later to spew your vitriolic, apologist trash. For this reason, you've rightfully earned the title of "coward."

Coward, sounds quite a bit more condemning than "marge." ;)
    • Old Old x 3
  13. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +629 / 39 / -9
    Edited to include your complete thoughts. You shouldn't have held back.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 35 / -22
    You know Ike, I really like you. You're an interesting dude, and we've always shared an interesting relationship on this board. We essentially agree on the vast majority of topics, but you still manage to get all wound up over the things I say.

I really do love you ;)
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 35 / -22
    Now, back to the business at hand, which is that Lance19 is an AJ/Norv apologist coward who will only be here until late December. He does the same thing every year :)

Enjoy the Coward's apologist musings while you can, folks.
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  16. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Let us take a moment and discuss the term 'coward' shall we?

Coward -
    apersonwholackscourageinfacingdanger,difficulty,opposition, pain, etc.; a timid or easily intimidated person.

Now, I see many people in here, Lance19 being one who come in day after day, post their opinions, and in general defend said opinions in a civil manner. Those are not cowards, only someone who is grossly ignorant, or just belligerently stupid would try and paint them as such, in my most humble opinion.

Now, then I see Misses Marty roll in every few weeks, drop some limber tailed insults from the safety and anonymity of the internet then disappear again, never capable of actually discussing opinions, instead relying on the weakest of communications styles which is never listening (or in said case reading) counter or contrary points, while continuing vomiting the same pabulum nonsense over and over.

Misses Marty never seeks to understand prior to being understood.

While this last part is a common failure of the forum goers, one I am all too often guilty of, when coupled with an apparent love of e-thugery, and limber tailed insults it does highlight for me one empirical fact that cannot be denied. Misses Marty is indeed correct. We do have a coward in our midst. Unfortunately one aspect of being a wana-be e-thug is the habit of painting others for your own short comings.

In short I would suggest to our esteemed comrades at BotlTalk that Misses Marty is indeed the coward. I leave it up to you to determine the validity of my statements, and rest my case.

[​IMG]
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    And for those of you playing the home game, it is strictly forbidden by the rules of the NFL to move the goal posts after the official placement of the NFL.
  18. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 35 / -22

Nice try Concudan, but the cowardly apologist Lance19 has a long history of making bad arguments in defense of AJ and Norv and then lacking the integrity to concede to the AJ and Norv critics when his apologist trash is proven wrong. Take 2010 for example. This gutless coward was all over the Signonsandiego boards prior to the season getting in the faces of the AJ and Norv critics (behind the anonymity of a keyboard, of course) with his lame arguments and stupid apologist statements in favor of these two knuckleheads. Then when the team inevitably started heading towards disaster, he disappeared, only to stick his ugly head out once more when the team defeated a bad 49ers team towards the end of the season. Of course, the following week when Norv couldn't even get his team past a 3-11 Bengals squad and ultimately was knocked from the playoffs, the coward once again disappeared, not to be heard from again for several months. This coward is typical of the gutless and slimy AJ/Norv apologists, who are never capable of taking their medicine and admitting they're wrong. This weasel just "moves the goalposts" every year so he can continue defending Norv, no matter what the results are.

No, I'd love to meet this apologist cockroach in person one day. Let's see how condescending this coward is when he has one of the many Norv detractors he's been a cyberthug with standing directly in front of him. Would be fun watching him cry and insist that he never meant any of it ;)
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
  19. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +629 / 39 / -9
    How do you put someone on your ignore list? I've had enough of IMM.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Wow... Impressive. This is the second time I have seen IMissMarty talk about inflicting violence on a man who is somewhere around 80 years of age. Your complaints about him disapearing appear to be something you are known for more than Lance19 is.

Misses Marty, allow me to stongly suggest that you modify your behavior, or remain at those other forum you mentioned in your long winded explination of why you feel that Lance19 is soo beneath you because he defend the team he has followed, possibly longer than you have been alive.

Please consider this warning with the upmost seriousness.

Thank you.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Click on the name under the avatar and when the box comes up there is an ignore option provided.
    • Useful Useful x 1
  22. Cheapseats

Cheapseats Loud, proud Charger fan

Ratings Received:
    +222 / 1 / -0
    Thank you sir, for the information.
    I for one don't miss Marty and I have had my fill of that negative, defeatist crap. There are twelve games to go in this season and ownership has stated that if the Chargers miss the playoffs the head coach and the G.M. will be gone. As for me I am going to root for my team every week...that's what a fan does.

I have to go now and put someone on ignore.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,706 / 39 / -8
    Welcome to the Apologists Annonymus meeting Cheaps, glad to have you here... so, do you get your six year pin soon? I wear mine with pride... :D
  24. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,154 / 37 / -21
    Wait wait wait...are you saying Lance is around 80 years old? Because that would explain so much for me. :D

BTW this is not related to the conversation, I'm not supporting IMissMarty or anything. #Distancemyselffromthiscrazyassshit
    • Funny Funny x 2
  25. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +629 / 39 / -9
    Thanks for the info, there's just nothing to talk to him about, so why bother.
  26. IMissMarty

IMissMarty BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +9 / 35 / -22
    I wasn't condoning violence, I was just saying that I'd like to see how the coward would react with one of the Norv detractors that he's been so condescending to standing in front of him. Since, as he's clearly demonstrated through his actions, he's a coward, there likely wouldn't be any need for violence. He'd probably start crying and plead that he never meant any of his stupid apologist statements.

Keyboard warriors like him are funny.
  27. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 22 / -3
    I can agree with alot of what ur sayin, minus the STL as a AVG team and Casell isnt one of KCs returning starts im sure. STL is slightly above avg (and im not sayin that cuz I called STL upset over WASH) because their D is kickin *** with its new attitude. Oh and Cortland being Cortland. Far as KC, omg im glad they *Fans* are doin what they can to try to get their team owner to WAKE UP and cut dead ties *aka* Capt Checkdown.
  28. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 22 / -3
    Deffinatly with ya on the Twit despise. And SMH to me =s SoMuchHate.... could be applicable.
  29. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 22 / -3

Damn, I dont kno If I didnt already delare a Winner post in this thread but I gotta give Conc.... a W. WTW is goin on???

Only thing I didnt *surprised* notice the Marty lover do, is harken to the days. Guess that horse is beat.
  30. ThunderHorse17

ThunderHorse17 Lone Wolf

Ratings Received:
    +237 / 22 / -3
    Message Count:
    Ratings Received:
    +8 / 29 / -19

Says alot. So I dont have to. Yea even with only 43 msg on the board, im leanin toward the ignore list on this problem member.
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.