1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Agency 2013

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Jan 21, 2013.

1. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
  2. CoronaDoug

CoronaDoug Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +814 / 14 / -3
  3. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Look at it this way, we have a good shot at a high pick again next year so we can pick up another OT next year. But we REALLY need to dump Clary AND Gaither so the cap hit happens this year and it opens up a ton of cap space next year

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Okay, most of those guys were camp bodies, and only made the roster for a year or so. It's Thursday, Day 3 of free agency..

But again, look at their best players, Tom Brady, Stevan Ridley, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Logan Mankins, Nate Solder, Chandler Jones, Vince Wilfork, Dont'a Hightower, Jerod Mayo, Brandon Spikes, and Devin McCourty.

All built through the draft..

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    You wouldn't consider New Orleans elite? Hmm.. Well they ranked 3rd in points, 2nd in yards, and 1st in pass yards despite going 7-9, losing their HC, who is an instrumental leader and their offensive coordinator. Every since Sean Payton's been there he's taken them to the playoffs 5 out of 7 times. But ever since they've been there they haven't made huge signings or had one crazy, 'dream team' type off season like the Eagles.

7. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,091 / 31 / -0
    Cox is a solid signing--very good value for the money and an upgrade from Cason. Any CB that has more INTs than TDs allowed in a season is a very solid player. I really wish the team would consider re-signing Jammer as a safety. Then I think our secondary would be complete.

• Like Like x 1
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Yes, the bullshit lies below the open orifice, all I see, is y'all whining and complaining about what the Broncos are doing and what the Chargers aren't doing.

Free agency does nothing to build tradition, never has and never will. My reference to Barron Hilton should have tipped you as to my thought process, I make no excuse for your reluctance and ignorance of team history.

9. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +2,478 / 19 / -4
    Alot of people note his talent and his ability. He might've been best defensive player on an atrocious team. The issue is two fold; he's been injured every single year and he's been given a pretty big contract not only by chargers standards but for an often injured player that we are expecting to be the top CB. I'm not unhappy at all with signing it just smacks a little of desperation

10. ETicket

ETicket Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -2
    You're missing my point. I'm not arguing New Orleans being elite. I don't really have the time or inclination to argue with you if you're not really paying attention.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

11. ETicket

Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -2
    Did you even take the time to read what I wrote? How about addressing my points instead of just name calling.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

12. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +160 / 2 / -0
    Im
    Not whining about anything.... Im happy with what we''ve done so far?

13. ETicket

Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -2
    That last statement wasn't directed towards you. We are in agreement. :):)

14. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    Likewise, it seems you never gave cognizant thought to my original post.

15. ETicket

Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -2
    ??? I addressed you original post point by point.

Just because I don't agree with it doesn't mean I didn't give your post "cognizant thought". This is getting silly. Do you have a valid argument or not?

16. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
  17. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    lol why would Winston be in Kansas City? He was released almost a week ago. He's most likely visiting teams not hanging out in Kansas City. The Texans, Dolphins, Eagles, Patriots, and a few others we're interested in him as well. Again he's not an upgrade from Clary at all, I don't get it, do people watch football?

I'm not aiming this comment at you, but the cries for Eric Winston sound more like "oh we're signing Eric Winston, the Chargers are wheelin' and dealin' in free agency." Rather than staying quiet, like they are and doing the right thing.

18. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings:
    +1,594 / 48 / -6
    You're right it is silly. Of all the players the Pat's picked up in FA which ones made them greater than they were before???? Seau did nothing to improve the Pats, Nada, zilch, Zippo. Great teams with winning tradition do not rely on FA, I said it again and I don't care what the Broncos do or any other team does in the market. The Bolt's only championship season came during a time when you built a team by solid drafting and extraordinary pick-ups. If you put yourself and money before being a Stiller you're gone, that's my point. What part of that do you not understand?.

19. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3
    How is he not an upgrade over Clary? and second Im sure he lives in KC for the time being. Main reason I want Winston is because it would mean Clary is out. At this point I'd rather have Dunlap at RT with Phillips helping him block, if it means Clary is out.

20. hash_tag_nat

hash_tag_nat KISS THE RING.

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  21. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Listen, I want Clary out too, who doesn't, I think it happens anyway whether we sign another OT or not.

Winston was cut for "philosophical" reasons, he sounded like a nut job when he was trying to protect Matt Cassel from the fans booing him when he got hurt.

Winston most likely is going to get close to $4M a year. He was scheduled to make $6.5M the last 3 years of his deal. And for us, I think we only have roughly $4-5 to play with right now, if not less. We still have to sign Aubrayo Franklin and Vaughn Martin, then hopefully make a play for a Christopher Owens and/or Larry Grant. To fill a few more needs at CB and ILB.

22. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    So now its Brandon Flowers, Sean Smith, Dunta Robinson, AND Javier Arenas, not to mention a guy they like and who is young in Jalil Brown. I guess when you face Manning and Decker, Thomas, and now Welker your gonna need 3 good corners.

Chargers need a proven slot guy, I like Gilchrist, but he could be starting if Derek Cox or Shareece Wright are hurt.

23. hash_tag_nat

hash_tag_nat KISS THE RING.

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
  24. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +522 / 13 / -3
    Guys I like to play as a nickel CB,

Kyle Arrington, Adam 'Pacman' Jones, Elbert Mack, DJ Moore, Christopher Owens, and Captain Munnerlyn

Hopefully all affordable, except Pacman, most likely looking for a good deal since he had a pretty good year in Cincy.

25. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    Plane is on its way from KC to Denver. Picking up or dropping off McCoy or Family? Or are we looking at a native Colorado player??? intrigue, cant wait to see who walks off the plane when it gets back.

• Like Like x 1
  26. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +715 / 17 / -3

Telesco gets off plane in KC "Hello Andy" kicks Reid in the crotch and boards plane

Telesco gets off plane in Den "Mr Elway I just wanted you to know I am a huge fan" kicks Elway in the crotch, bitch slaps Manning, looks Vasquez in the eyes and says "you know why!!!!!" gets back on plane

• Funny Funny x 1
  27. ETicket

Ratings:
    +262 / 5 / -2
    I see.... when you wrote:
    What you meant was:
    I think we're done here.

28. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +452 / 2 / -1
    Does that make the next stop in Oakland? Disembark the plane, look around real quick, get a smell of the air, laugh, and then board the plane and come home? I mean is it really worth kicking something that is digging the biggest landfill to bury itself in?

• Like Like x 1
  29. DenverBolt67

DenverBolt67 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +627 / 5 / -3
    Gotta at least take a piss in Oakland

30. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    Huh? I read that quote from multiple articles. Had to moderate a thread on my site for several days on the topic. He didn't sound like a nutjob. He sounded like a guy who - regardless of the position, but OL typically have it ingrained in them to be "more protective" of their QB - wasn't keen on the idea of a team's own fans cheering an injury. And ultimately it was a misunderstanding (largely) because, while I'm sure there were some fans who were cheering Cassel's injury, the majority of the audible cheers heard on the broadcast were from (I have on the authority of fans that were at that game) fans when Brady Quinn (yeah, I know) was brought on. Don't see how that makes someone a nutjob.