Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by CoronaDoug, Mar 13, 2012.
Any money left?
Can't imagine Johnson or McClain were given THAT much money
Le'Ron McClain agrees to a three-year deal with SD. McClain will be a fullback for the Chargers.
wow. if we can land Royal that would be a HUGE + for our slot and return game.
Notice he said 7 good years. It is a accurate way of stating it. Had there not been the off field and some of the on field issues he would have said 7 great years.... erm wait he would be saying 7 more great years in that case.
Yea deffinatly gonna hope he doesnt end up somewhere I hate. I will be continueing to follow his career.
Tolbert might not be gone after all. McClain is specifically going to be a FB, so he replaces Hester not Tolbert. Tolbert could be brought back as a special teamer, and interestingly enough maybe Frank Summers won't be sticking around?
Im so glad he feels the exact way I do genuenly about Manning to DEN.
One of the Chargers' goals this offseason was to fortify their backfield, which meant finding a true fullback as well as a veteran backup running back.
Wednesday's acquisition of Le'Ron McClain, who agreed to terms on a tree-year contract, fills the former of those needs.
At 6-foot, 260 pounds, McClain is more of a fullback and will fill that role in San Diego as the Chargers move on from Jacob Hester.
The Chargers would like to re-sign Hester but primarily as a special teamer.
McClain spent his first four seasons with the Baltimore Ravens, who drafted him in the fourth round of the 2007 draft. He signed with the Kansas City Chiefs prior to last season and started 10 games for them.
McClain can run and catch.
In 2008, he carried 232 times for 982 yards and 10 touchdowns.
There goes Frank Summers spot, unless they plan to use him at RB
Peyton Hillis jus signed with KC.
Oh and Kevin Boss is going to meet KC.
Mario Manningham visiting with the 9ers. If Royal isnt a done deal tommorow, maybe manningham will be in the SD area after the SF stint....
I would rather get Royal since Hester is gone. And its not like we couldnt use a better returner.
Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
As @taniaganguli reported, former Dolphins QB Chad Henne reached agreement on a two-year deal with the Jaguars.
probably one of the only teams he could have gone to where he knew he could win the qb competition.
Until Tebow gets there.
I'd rather have Mario Manningham 100 times out of a 100, at least he has the upside of a solid #2 reciever. But I think he's going to get a deal in the 4-5M/yr range, where as Royal will probably get 2-3M/yr.
And I doubt we have much money left anyway, I would be shocked if Mario is even on our radar.
BTW Peyton Hillis got 1yr 3M.....I WOULD HAVE BEEN ECSTATIC to land him for that.
Not me. It seemed like he didn't want to play at all last year. Dude made up excuses NOT to play.
And rightfully so, he's the most physical RB in the entire league, he was the entire Browns offense and he was making chicken **** on his rookie deal. Around 500k if I remember.
So, it's OK to make up excuses NOT to play? Now he gets a one year deal for chicken feed. If he would have played harder last year, he'd be getting real RB money. Instead, he saw himself on the cover of Madden and it went straight to his head.
Its the same deal I said with the VJ holdout, why would you play for pennies when your due to make a dollar? Hillis in particular risks his body on nearly every play, one bad concussion or ACL tear and that 7th round pick money could be the last he makes in the NFL.
I am pro getting paid for guys who are the bread and butter of their side of the ball.
Tell that to Ray Rice. Dude played his balls off and got paid this season. See how that works? He didn't find a reason to be lazy.
Easy to say when your sitting on your couch judging, not getting hit by 250lb line backers running full speed every week as the team relies 100% on you to move their offense down the field for the pay check of a 7th round pick.
I definitely respect Ray Rice more for playing, but I understand Hillis' point as well.
Seahawks cut cord on guard Robert GalleryPosted by Evan Silva on March 14, 2012, 9:23 PM EDTRick Smith, the agent for Seahawks guard Robert Gallery, revealed on Twitter late Wednesday that the club has informed Gallery of his impending release.The Seahawks confirmed the move minutes after Smith’s tweet surfaced.Gallery turns 32 before the season and was due a $5 million base salary. The transaction saves the Seahawks roughly $4 million in cap space.Gallery signed a new three-year, $15 million contract last July, but only lasted one of the seasons. Seattle has shown interest in offensive linemen Steve Hutchinson and Frank Omiyale in free agency.Hutchinson was at the Seahawks’ facility on Wednesday.
I am out for the night. Stay thirsty.
Well luckily my sleeves are legitimately rolled up. Bring on the Tweets.
Acee said odds seem good about Eddie Royal
Hey it's me! (via you)
"Chargers looking to make Eddie Royal their No.4 receiver. Odds seem pretty good, I'm told."
Separate names with a comma.