1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Oz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandolf, Aug 13, 2012.

?

Are you a conformist?

This poll will close on Aug 13, 2022 at 8:08 AM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    robdog... This back channeling of politics is obviously continuing. It is very unfair that Oz cannot state his intentions for himself. Please put an end to this charade.

FREE OZ!
  2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    He is a Kuvasz. Thanks again.
  3. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    :) Hey, it's a small icon. :rolleyes: Just looked the breed up. Interesting. Nice to learn somethin'.
    Looks like he'd be very good on the trail (but take up too damned much room in a trail tent!)
  4. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    I'm a little confused here. (not getting the robdog reference).
    I was using "stirring the pot" (my paraphrase) to characterize Oz's own words...(in part)

"I joined today because several very important people more or less asked me to.
    They said something about how amazing it was that a place with 500,000 members
    could be this dead. Out of courtesy, I offered my time and services to you people,
    skimmed through the recent posts and found nothing worthy to comment on."
  5. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Well its not everybody that wants to drink beer with Ikeman in Venice. I am a feared that not even Oz is capable of tipping the critical mass here. :D
  6. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 8 / -0
    Sir I very much respect you........... but in no way respect the manner in which he came here feeling the need to belittle others trying to have some off season fun.
    I love great intellectual back and forth, but he put the wrong first foot forward.
  7. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Well, I'm not sure what you want things to be like here.
    As for me, I look to other things ;) for excitement...this is just an info site for me.
    If I want contrived (aka: fake) controversy or yelling, there's a world of trash TV at my fingertips
    (is Springer still on?). And countless chat rooms for people willing to spend countless hours in pointless argument.
    It sounds like y'all are pals, so I'll be polite about it:
    If what I saw of this Oz character is indicative of what he's capable of bringing to the table,
    I think this particular table is better off without that contribution.
    I didn't give a damn re. him being banned...crass rudeness is hardly challenging...
    but I'd probably learn to skip his posts in favor of those more informative and less sissy-provacative.
    But that's just me.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    For one thing... someone who supports and recognizes the talents of Norv Turner would be good for a start. Oz fits that bill entirely. Lance... I think you are making harsh judgments based on a short sample. But that's just me.
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Sorry X. We have a long history of cooperation. But there is no right or wrong foot in this context. We can't get everybody to put bags on their heads. We don't condemn those who don't.
  10. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    Save a whale, harpoon a fat chick... Free _OZ, ban Buck.
  11. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Five seasons in, and I'm still agnorvstic re. whether or not Norv is a good HC.
    I agree that he's often irrationally maligned, and have done my part, re. defending him
    against "horrible coach" charges. He clearly isn't a bad coach. Of course, I would also
    soberly refute "best coach ever!" claims (if they ever happened) :roflmao: and I believe that
    the ball's in Norv's court...I'm glad he got a stay of execution: I hope he proves AJ right...but he hasn't yet.

So I'm (at least mostly) with you, re. being higher on Norv than most are.
    And I actually agree with a couple of Oz's positions (no, I don't "get" why there's a "lingerie"
    thread--or a soccer one, for that matter--on a Charger site...but unlike Oz, I don't make up absurd
    and insulting backstories for the guys on here that enjoy those diversions...I'm just here for Charger stuff)

But agreement is irrelevant.
    I don't care WHAT opinions anyone here holds. I think it's acting like a d-bag that crosses the line.
    And I said right up front that my view was based on a very limited sample...and yes, it is unflattering.
    (and I kept it to myself until the umpteenth repetitive post, and some dubious bandwagoning)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. jackfrost

jackfrost Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +777 / 54 / -41
    What the hell is going on in here ??

And how the hell is my name constantly mentioned ?

Now a man could be offended by that "quantity over quality" statement SandyBob, but seeing as I come to this place for mostly comic relief and some serious discussion regarding the Chargers when appropriate (Yes, sometimes the 2 are intertwined), I wont be offended.....................we Aussies have pretty thick skin anyway mate and I'm still a firm believer in the "Sticks & Stones" theories about Life, not this wussy, "Im getting bullied so I may just end it all" attitude that seems far to prevalent in society these days.

Not sure what the JNCP has to do with anything that has gone on in here in regards to Oz though mate, seeing as he was never apart of the JNCP to my knowledge and those of us that chose to leave the CMB, did so simply because we no longer found the place that much fun, I wouldn't read anymore than that into it to be honest, plus there were many of the originals that were no longer around and had in fact moved on, which is probably a good thing, emans they had a life. :D

I took Oz on regarding a certain subject as I would anyone else mate, he certainly wasn't any different than Pissa Boy or Old School or Argerschayfan from the CMB, biggest difference was, neither of us ran away and were willing to agree to disagree and thats cool with me, having a few laughs is still what appeals to me most in regards to internet forums.

As for Oz mate, he's a big boy and fully understands what is required to stay involved in pretty much any forum ...............whether we like it or not, there are rules and they apply for the best interest of all involved.

With no boundaries, anarchy would reign mate and personally I don't find that of much interest at all.
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    You're so cute.
  14. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    BTW Sandolf - just so you & your GF Oz know, I didn't have **** to do with his banning, but if it makes you girls feel better have at it. Just be man enough to accuse me in the open instead of back-door insinuations.
  15. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    There is only a few at BoltTalk who can ban someone. We have a very short list of people who have been banned making many of the claims made in this thread just silly in my honest opinion.

I for one think it is important for the administration to be able to review their actions at any time to ensure we are being fair. We have done that a lot which is part of why we have so few banned users.

However trying to guilt us into action one way or the other, (especially when the cases made are so one sided that they end up being comedy gold) will not usually end in the desired result.

Sandolf, have you asked _Oz if he wants to come back? To me he doesnt seems to be the sort to want to darken the doorway of places where he has been baned, though you have far more experience with him and knowledge of that than I would.

All that said, I will confirm that Buck had nothing to do with the banning and never reported any of _Oz's posts. At one time he and _Oz both were being discussed for temporary bannings because of some issues leading to multiple reported posts.

If the purpose of this thread is to spur discussion into _Oz being reinstated, then I would suggest that people come back on topic, looking at the facts, and not making up issues that do not exist. Clouding the subject only makes it easier to no come to the conclusion that Sandolf wants.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Thanks for the support, Conc, but the Gossip Girls will never believe anything that you or I have to say on this manner unless it's to cop to some deep dark conspiracy.

Enjoy your little coffee clutch chatter, girls. I left my # for you - call if you have any balls besides the ones you lick.
  18. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I know it's tempting, especially when you're being accused of things you didn't do... but in an effort to prevent this thread from degenerating further, lets try to keep the negativity low on the scale, please.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    My apologies, Syd. My message has been sent & I'm quite sure is racing through the nail salons as I type this. :roflmao:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    So you typed it in Vietnamese?
    • Funny Funny x 2
  21. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
  22. X FACTOR

X FACTOR In for Life.........

Ratings Received:
    +176 / 8 / -0
    And neither do I sir, most of my friends on the boards and the one's I've had the pleasure to meet in person, were and are definitely not baggies.
  23. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Just to be clear Buck... I have no issues with you. There are many situations where you can converse with one poster and his natural enemy. Like Carrie and Conc, your pick of the JNCP and Charger Tom, Shamrock and pick your Communist. I am adamant that Oz should be reinstated. I am interested in other opinions. But my main focus is upon the perpetrators of this misdeed.
  24. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    I have no issue with you either, Sandolf - as long as the little girlie gossiping at other sites doesn't include false accusations against me.

I could care less who else you post with & that has no bearing on my interaction with you. The insinuations are my only issue & I've said my piece with regards to that. You can pass that along as you see fit.

As for Oz being reinstated or not, I have no opinion. I didn't cause his ban nor will I stand in the way of a reinstatement. It just doesn't matter other than slight curiosity.
  25. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Fair enough Jack. I have no doubt this board would be more fun with Oz participating. As far as the boundaries are concerned, the mods are like the zebras. When they become the game... as with .com, interest begins to wane in the sport.
  26. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I am also alright with this Conc. We all know Alan got waaaaaay more rope than Oz did. His provocative humor was misunderstood by most. Oz was banned based on reputation. This I vehemently disagree with.
  27. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    The two posters I passionately dislike are both at .com. My logging in there is enough to get sucked into their vortex. Therefore I avoid the place. I would prefer if you and Oz got on a bit better. But being far from angelic myself, I recognize that I would be able to exert absolutely zero influence on that question. I do indeed feel that I have not been guilty of stirring the pot myself.
  28. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Fair enough. If I falsely accused you, my apologies. I was informed that my name was being bandied about as part of the cause that Oz was banned, so I went to see for myself. It certainly read as if you were in agreement that I played some part in this whole schoolyard drama.

I can easily take or leave Oz. My preference, however, is to be left alone & for him to stop acting like a jilted schoolgirl. Seems fair enough, wouldn't you agree?
  29. Concudan

Ratings Received:
    +3,685 / 39 / -8
    I understand your perception of why it happened but it was not a reputation move. Most people here had no idea who he was and judged him on his body of work here.
  30. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    It is this "I was informed" business that makes me somewhat skeptical that Oz's banning was on the level. There should be no "if" in your first sentence. What I said or did not say is on the record.

This is tough when you use labels like schoolgirl and he calls you buckwit. You and Oz didn't get into a pissing match on this board... so that should not be a factor in Oz's reinstatement.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.