1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Free Oz

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sandolf, Aug 13, 2012.

?

Are you a conformist?

This poll will close on Aug 13, 2022 at 8:08 AM.
  1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdchrger

sdchrger Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    Hay, I got a great idea. Why don't we bring back the arseclown forum and grant him access to that only. That way people who want to get a steady dosage of doosery can and those that don't won't have to.

Clearly a solution that is a win for all. That's what I do, bring people together.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Sorry man. You've lost me. Childish stuff like this just doesn't wash.
  3. Riff Raff

Riff Raff BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +225 / 8 / -3
    Yeah - then I guess it would go for him too. If you get/got along with these folks (other than former mods, I suppose) why are you bringing them into it? Did they have some powers that caused this Oz guy to get banned?

I suppose I'd just like a little bit of history so I'll know when I'm stepping in ****. That calls for the appropriate footwear.
  4. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    It was just a bit of reflection on my part. Just considering what had changed since I let this thread or line of thought go dead. Oz came to my defense when I got perma-banned over at GTP. I didn't really consider that forum worth the bother I am putting into this one. Opinions are diverse. Boltfanatik and I were opposites in most every way. Again it was Oz that indicated he is/was a good guy.

Maybe it is fair to say that some of the villians in this story have shown a lot more depth of character than those riding off into the sunset on their white horses.
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0
    What was Oz banned for? Being a dikhead? Not sure how mature that is.
  6. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Some situations are less painful viewed upside-down. :cool:
  7. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    I really don't know what your argument is. You toss around terms like dikhead and doosh, but that's somehow okay and maybe you feel like you're priviledged to do so. Somebody gets the perma-ban for aggressive behavior and name calling and those who claim to be above it answer with aggresive behavior and name calling.

So let's call a spade a spade. The owner of this forum is going to keep around the people he likes... and dumb faaks like you probably don't even register on the radar. Okay?
  8. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0

You didn't answer my question. Oz was either the predator or prey but you seem to be painting him as both. I don't have a dog in this race, I just find the dialogue entertaining.
  9. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    The USA seems to me to be the land of the polarized viewpoint. Maybe it is because there are only two main political parties. So you're either one or the other. Conservative or liberal. With us or against us. Christian or otherwise. White or otherwise. English speaking or otherwise. I have spent most of my life in a country were there are five political parties. Three of them usually have to strike a deal to form a government. Maybe only two.

Predator or prey is just a reflection of the group dynamic. Nobody has any power except the power in numbers... (excepting those of course who can perma-ban you from the forum entirely). Oz took up some minority opinions. Regarding Norv I happen to agree with him. With Cromartie I'm not so sure. I have seen him represent these views on other forums as well. Anybody here who agrues an unpopular opinion isn't automatically the "bad guy"... or isn't necessarily doing it to disrupt the happy state of Bolttalk.

There is no right and wrong. Just reasonable and unreasonable. Other than Syd's rant the powers are not engaging us here. So everyone who bothers to read this thread can draw their own conclusions from that.
  10. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0

I agree with most of what you say and many things in society today are perceived to be either black or white. I actually prefer the gray, it's more interesting and human behavior is never going to be linear and logical. I'm sure that many who have crossed paths with me in these Chargers forums would say that I have many of the same less desirable traits that Oz has shown. I respect the fact that he preferred his attacks to be head-on as opposed to more stealthy options. That being said, he needs a restrictor plate on his approach.

You have always seemed to be a pretty rational person. What's most intriguing to me is your tireless attempt to defend Oz and reinstate him.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. ViennaLager

ViennaLager FC Eintracht Bamberg Smokey Beers

Ratings Received:
    +61 / 8 / -0
    :confused::confused::confused: Conc and Blewy are women.:confused::confused::confused:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan

Carlsbad_Bolt_Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,280 / 12 / -5
    Now THAT is funny. Especially coming from a guy who came over to SMM and left a pile sh!t by calling all of us traitors for leaving LLV. Funny how memory works against you, right? ;)
  13. Lightning's Girl

Lightning's Girl Mod Chick =) Staff Member Moderator

Ratings Received:
    +1,132 / 4 / -0
    Well, I'm giving two :tdown: :tdown: to this idea, even though I'm only a lowly moderator and hardly a "power". I did NOT appreciate being called a c*** because I happen to be a) female, and b) a moderator of this forum. Not to put too fine a point on things, but if it doesn't have a penis, Oz doesn't respect it, whether it's talking football or anything else.

Does BT really need a second helping of his sh**? I say NO. And y'all can call me anything you want, as long as I don't hear about it.

'Nuff said.
  14. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Hey you know... when we go around this thing often enough we are going to come to the point where everything has been said. Then it is doomed to become a study of the human condition. And even that is beginning to lose it's appeal.

Oz did not put in this kind of effort to get me reinstated at GTP. He wrote a very nice character reference for me, and then basically they all told him to shag off. Which he did. In all of my years of writing this stuff I have only met two of my counterparts in person. That would be Oz and Shamrock. They are very different on some levels, but both are quite sensitive and deeply honest. That hardly shows through the online persona. Oz is this giant of a man who is actually a bit shy around me as he knows he can't quite articulate as sharply in person because when writing you always have a few minutes to think about what you're going to say.

Some of the interpersonal relationships in here probably were more cemented at the tailgates rather than at this level. It does make a difference. Alan (B4L) is apparently a good guy. I think I would have got on well with him too. Regardless... you've got to wonder about people not being able to evolve their schtick over a period of time. Just look at the post above this one. How do you respond to that venom? Maybe she is trying to find the hypocrite in me... "call me anything you want". What would I call her? I don't have a fargin' clue. But isn't it weird that life experience doesn't teach some people very much. And it seems by her thread in the Lounge that she has had a pretty rich one of late. Seeking empathy is fine... exhibiting a tiny little?... meh.

Nobody is going to do anything for me. robdog sent me a pm saying that because I am a long standing member here I deserve personal notification that he is not going to do anything for me. Great. All I want is to be able to interact with my best friends on one board and partake in them responding to each other. But the weight of the past has made this impossible. And at the center of it all is invaribly mods and women. And here we are dealing with the double dose. The males are actually the weaker sex. Toss a woman into a football board they all start slobbering and competing for attention. Carrie fights with Chispa... the congregation splinters into two factions until that process repeats itself... (over and over again).

So I give up. I can't talk Shamrock into returning here. It seems like he has a few mod issues of his own. Oz isn't going to be back here... so y'all can worship the alpha female of your choice. Oz didn't... and I give him credit for that. Being treated as equals isn't all that its cracked up to be... (I guess).
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  15. sdchrger

Ratings Received:
    +820 / 0 / -0

CBF you get me.
  16. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Sandy, I didn't follow the Oz soap opera as closely as some did, and, also, there were evidently
    messages passed about privately, so I absolutely don't claim to be in-the-know here.

But I reckon'd LG's "I did NOT appreciate being called a c***" to be a ref to something Oz said. (??)
    If so, I'd say that was a pretty damned good clue...especially since you've been something of an agent for Oz...
    I'm not saying you are or aren't the kind of guy to use such language (don't know or care)...
    but if things are as they appear, I can't believe a clever boy like you is truly clueless.
  17. Sandolf

Sandolf Blue Moon Rising

Ratings Received:
    +297 / 10 / -6
    Lance... I think you are missing the point. If you can't get past the labelling semantics... (whether they be profane or not)... then you really are not going to understand.
  18. Lance19

Lance19 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1,363 / 36 / -16
    Umm...is that a "yes" ? :cool:

Okay, Sandy...I'm done...guess I just can't "understand" :confused: You and Oz must be really, really super smart!

(you throw around phrases like "a study of the human condition" re. this seemingly casual Charger chat room...
    so evidently there are some deep-*** posts happening--possibly at 4a.m.--that I am not seeing. Good luck).

p.s. I was genuinely disappointed in your evasive response (the "profane" angle is a weak red herring...I'm obviously not
    concerned with that...my post was specific, re. whether it was a bit disingenuous to point to a post that says
    "I did NOT appreciate being called a c***" and saying you're entirely clueless about what she says you could call her.)
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  19. Drunk

Drunk Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +179 / 1 / -0
    Bring back OZ!!:abq1:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. robdog

robdog Code Monkey Staff Member Administrator

Ratings Received:
    +250 / 1 / -0
    @Sandolf this thread has gone on long enough. Closing this thread and this issue.

Oz is not getting re-instated.

And, I am not getting into a philosophical discussion about this decision. There are plenty of other Charger fan sites he can visit.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.