1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

From a Saint's fan. Chargers were robbed.

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Saints fan, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Saints fan

Saints fan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am not a Chargers fan. I am a football fan, or was a football fan. After tonight I am done. I want my Saints to win but not like this. That was not a hit to the chin to Drew Brees, that was not pass interference by Antonio Gates, that receiver was out of bounds and they kept the clock running and there was a conference as to whether or not Brown had the first down or not while they kept the clock running and not giving the Chargers the time back that they wasted while getting to the obvious. What?!! It is a shame what is happening to sports. It is all about the bucks. No more integrity. I am done. I will find other things to do with my Sunday's.
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Not sure what was up with the refs tonight, but that was truly a bizarre ending.
    I'll keep watching, but it was certainly one-sided. If they're not going to call PI on the Saints, that's cool, just don't call it on the Chargers. Simple as that.
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. boltssbbound

boltssbbound Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,061 / 30 / -0
    Yeah, or if they are going to call a borderline penalty that wipes out an INT for Brees, call the borderline penalty that would have wiped out Rivers INT.
  4. Saints fan

Saints fan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I am not the only Saint's fan that feels this way. Not by a long shot. This sucks. I don't like it.
  5. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Thanks for coming in & saying this. Doesn't help the W-L stats, but it does help to know that we Charger fans aren't just crying over nothing.

We were straight-up jobbed. It's a damn shame that the NFL feels like they have to make up for their harsh treatment of the Saints' re: the bounty fiasco by putting in a fix on this game.

**** Goodell.
  6. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    it is a pure sign how the NFL is rigged. Brees goes for record on national TV, Sean Peyton is ALLOWED to attend the game, BREES has the comeback. It doesn't matter who the Saints played last night the outcome was already decided. Way too many phantom penalties.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Enormo

Enormo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +205 / 0 / -0
    Sucks but it is what it is. IMO the call on Ingram was technically correct but not in the spirit of the game. The non call on Floyd was a mystery. Without much fanfare I turned to the Orioles/Yanks after the Floyd interception. Conspiracy or not, when the refs account for 21 point differential in a game, it's just not fun to watch. Isn't that what football should be? Fun to watch?

Saints got the W. They capitalized on their opportunities. I don't begrudge them that
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    I really don't know what to think right now and I don't even drink, so I know what I saw. I have a lot of question that I know will never be answered concerning this game and one of them is, how come the third quarter is so damn hard on the Chargers all of a sudden?
  9. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +766 / 5 / -0
    The NFL should just change it's name to WWF... Because that's where they got the referees from...
  10. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,422 / 19 / -4
    Lots of respect for you coming over here. And this doesn't change the fact that it was a fun game to watch that the Saints had a shot at winning. Still it was won by the Zebras instead of the team and I'm glad you have the pride and respect of your convictions to come here.

BTW had alot of our members visit N.O they had nothing but the best things to say about the fans and the city. Class group all the way and it's always fun when our two teams play
  11. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    I expect one or two bad calls during a game but last night is unexplainable.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MadMike

MadMike Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +428 / 2 / -1
    Chargers lost, Saints won. The refs did everything they could to help the Saints along the way, but in the end, our secondary let us down, the Ingram call was accurate (Leading with the crown) but like its been said, not in the spirit of the rule as he hit his helmet on the left shoulder to start the hit and slid up into his chin (Guy is not that much taller than Sproles) so I'll call a wash on that. Then Brees ate us up for the next drive. Dude is and has been good for a long time. Rivers starts the march down the field, makes a solid accurate pass under duress to malcom floyd who gets molested over the back and gets a no call. Sorry but that was ridiculous especially because the midjudge was looking straight at it from the front. Saints work a short field goal to go up by 7. Rivers starts to march again and the refs step in to slow or spoil this drive. The call on Gates was almost as bad as the one in baseball where the runner got called out when the 1st baseman was 3 feet off the bag. The holding call on Nick Hardwick was close to as bad. Completely non-existant but the refs had to come up with something. The holding call on Tyrone Green after that was at least somewhat accurate although amazingly ticky tacky especially for the last 2 minutes of the game where most refs let them play a little more. That being said, Rivers still managed to put us into position to make a couple final shots at the endzone which IMHO would have been a score considering how poorly the Saints were playing D at the time. And in steps Norv with his clock and player mismanagement. Should have spiked the ball at least once going down the field there in the final 45-30 seconds. 1 of the 10 coaches watching the field should have seen the injury to Gaither and sent Mike Harris in. Didnt we hire some old coach to do nothing but watch the clock and players for Norv? Where the **** was that guy last night cause I want his paycheck. In the end, the Saints played well (Mostly on Offense), we played pretty well (Especially on Offense), the refs did everything they could to impact the game without wearing a button saying "I shine the hood of Good", but we let down after the Ingram penalty, Norv mismanaged the clock/players again, and we as a team lost a game we could have won by lettign the Saints back in to this one. Time to let this go and get really angry for Monday night. I want people complaining about how brutal we are by the time next Tuesday hits. It's time to start being the bully on the field.
  13. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    I'd like to think that if this happened at home on Natl. TV I'd have the backbone to go onto another teams site and extend my apologies for what seemed to not be a cleanly officiated game. I probably wouldn't, and that says a lot about the city of New Orleans. I am not sure the game itself was directly fixed. Sure there some dubious non calls and then a few mystery calls, it could be coincidence. The biggest disgraces overshadowing even officiating were that the Saints brass were allowed to come to the game, the message to youngsters out there is that it's okay to break the rules, your punishment will be lifted if Drew Brees is your friend. The other nasty undertone was the way Jenkins (among others) treated Meachum. In fact I saw 3 other personal fouls commited after the play by Jenkins AFTER his first penalty, all straight in front of a ref. If a player is on D for a team being penalized for a bounty program, on natl. TV, commits a personal on an ex fellow teammate, how can the refs not be watching him like a hawk? Another bad example to young players out there that if you aren't as good as your opponent, you can make up some ground through intimidation off the ball. Just ask the 1976 Philadelphia Flyers or 1980 Oakland Raiders.
  14. newjerseydamo

newjerseydamo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +48 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for coming here and saying that. Much respect, and interesting that you're not the only Saints fan saying this. Would be curious reading other Saints' thoughts if you have a message board.
  15. HEXEDBOLT

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    What's truly sad is the league will get away with it simply because we are San Diego.
  16. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    That's just home town refs, it happens in all sports and it's not directed against the Chargers in some conspiracy. Badly called game, but if the NFL is so hot for big market trendy teams why did they uphold the Seattle robbery on Green Bay? Do you think the NFL wants Seattle in the post season or Rogers and co?

Subconsciously, you know that crowd will cheer if you punish the visiting team and all people seek approval and reassurnace.
  17. BoltWalt

BoltWalt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 3 / -1
    Well the Bolts need to come home and smack the Broncos around on Monday night and secure the division lead.
  18. pure-sol

pure-sol Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +204 / 2 / -0
  19. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395 / 4 / -0
    This is good fuel for the Monday Night game. It will be in San Diego, but it will be against Peyton Manning (the media dandy w/constantly polished five-head to go along with his knob).
    Bolt Up!
  20. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    I would love to be a fly on the wall of the locker room and meeting rooms today...
  21. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    Playing with a chip on your shoulder is never a bad thing.
  22. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    No, but this being the second time in two weeks that Ingram has had a costly QB-related penalty might cause him to change his playstyle, and maybe not for the better. I'm worried about whether he'll learn to control himself when he's getting near the QB, or if he'll simply become too cautious.
  23. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    Or...he could learn from it and become even better.

There's no use worrying about what-ifs that you have no control over. Pointless stress.
  24. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    I was referring to the team as a whole, not Ingram. Where did either Conc, or I, mention Ingram by name? :confused:
  25. Ikeman83

Ikeman83 Werter Pöbel

Ratings Received:
    +627 / 39 / -9
    I'm sorry, am I not allowed to bring up an aspect of an issue unless you or Conc mention it first? I apologize for breaking forum procedure...
    • Funny Funny x 1
  26. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Hopefully it's a tad more confrontational than the presser.
  27. mettadown

mettadown BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +16 / 1 / -0
    Floyd's last spot of foward progress was in bounds, he then got tackled out of a bounds for a loss from that spot. So the ref was right in keeping the clock running
  28. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,567 / 27 / -1
    But did they need to waste more time having a conference about it without stopping the clock?
  29. FCBolt

FCBolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +603 / 11 / -4
    Seemed like a ticky tack forward progress stop to me. If refs were always that quick to call forward progress, guys like Michael Turner wouldn't get many 2nd effort yds.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. Blue Bolt

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    No, it just didn't follow anything I said, or Conc said (whom I was quoting). Your reference to Ingram was totally unrelated to what I wrote, and you were quoting me. What's so hard to understand?