1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

FS Josh Gattis

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by underoath, Oct 29, 2006.

1. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ...is the man. He is our answer at Free Safety. Cant wait to see him in a Charger uniform :icon_banana: :icon_mrgreen: :bolt:
  2. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Oct. 30, 2006

GREENSBORO, N.C. - Wake Forest senior safety Josh Gattis has been selected as the ACC's Defensive Back of the Week for the second straight game, the league announced on Monday.  Gattis is the first repeat winner of that award in 2006.

In Wake Forest's 24-17 win at North Carolina, Gattis recorded a career-high 13 tackles.  He made eight stops in the first quarter alone, made an interception in the second quarter and recovered a fumble in the fourth quarter that set-up Wake Forest's go-ahead touchdown.  Gattis has intercepted passes in each of the Deacons' last three games.

Gattis is the only player in the ACC to rank in the top 10 in interceptions and in the top 15 for tackles. He ranks 5th in interceptions with three, eighth in the league with seven passes defended and 15th in the ACC with 51 tackles. Gattis is one of seven active players to have returned two interceptions for scores in their careers. He has 10 career interceptions.
  3. SuperBowlts

SuperBowlts BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'm like, wow this guy is getting some recognition here and on the chargers.com forums. Then I realized you're the same person. :p

He sounds like a solid player, though.
  4. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    ROFL yea! im trying to campaign for him. watch ESPN tomorrow night to see him live. Wake Forest vs Boston College in a matchup for 1st place in their ACC division. :icon_mrgreen: :icon_party:
  5. SuperBowlts

SuperBowlts BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Will do.
  6. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0

Yeah, he's definitely a stud. I got my MBA at Wake Forest so I've been following their teams pretty closely over the last 5 years. Basketball has always been top notch, but it's incredible what they've done with the football program this year. They really do have some good players (especially on defense). I'd love to see Gattis in a Bolts uniform.
  7. MtlBoltsFan

MtlBoltsFan Jesse Ventura/Howard Stern 2016

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Boston College will win it tonight GO EAGLES
  8. Chavez

Chavez Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You were saying?

Gattis with interception in 4th straight game!
  9. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    :icon_party:

he should of had 2 picks tho!
  10. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    The ball went right to him he didn't even need to fight for it he just stood stationary and let it fall into his bosom.
  11. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    doing his job, playing within the scheme, deepest man on the field, and making the play when it comes.
  12. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    That's great lil buddy, but I didn't question his ability. I simply said that his interception (and what could have been a 2nd one) against BC was not "impressive" at all.
  13. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    thats cool. but dont discredit the guy for doing his job :icon_toast:
  14. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Hey I like him a lot as a prospect, although he has hit his ceiling, he will make a smooth transition to the NFL and will be a very consistent player... he is championship material but hey Deltha O'Neal isn't as great of a cornerback as that 10 interception (was it 10 or 11?) year would suggest :icon_wink:
  15. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    update on Josh:

All-ACC team -

Two Deacon defenders -- junior linebacker Jon Abbate and senior safety Josh Gattis -- were named to the first team. Abbate, who ranks sixth in the ACC with 8.1 tackles per game against league opponents, is on track to become the third player in ACC history to lead his team in tackles for three straight years. Gattis, an honorable mention All-American last season, is the only player in the ACC with five interceptions and 70 tackles this season.

:icon_banana: :icon_banana: :icon_banana:
  16. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Josh Gattis
    6'1" / 212 / 4.50

By now everyone has heard me talk a ton about Josh. Scott from NFLDC has posted his report on him, so I'll just post that. I must say that I agree quite a bit with his assessment:

Interestingly, I wrote about Josh back in November at the Chargers Fanhouse and he was ranked 12th out of the top 13 seniors. As of today, Josh has moved up to 10th and I think he will continue to move up just as I already predicted. Cant wait for the East / West game (josh wont play in the senior bowl. not invited? haters!)
  17. MtlBoltsFan

Ratings Received:
    +380 / 6 / -0
    Interestingly, you also wrote about Akbar Gbaja Biamila :icon_rofl:
  18. underoath

underoath BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    no one is 100% :icon_evil:

:icon_toast: