1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Full of Whizentment

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by redteamgo, Jan 29, 2013.

1. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Other than the superbowl (which was kinda flukey), I Whizent Coach Ken ever coming to Arizona. Get used to shotgun spread formations with zero protection, Rivers better be a durable dude. Whiz runs the ball less than anyone in the NFL, and his team had the most sacks allowed the last 3 years. I feel bad for yall, I hope you gys don't Whizent me for posting this but buyer beware bigtime. Whiz started 9 different QBs in the last 3 years at Arizona, some because of injury, some because they sucked even though Whiz picked them. I feel bad for Rivers this year, he will be asking for an exit plan by the end of the season.
  2. Brundlefly

Brundlefly Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +261 / 4 / -0
    k
    • Like Like x 1
  3. NatroneBomb

NatroneBomb BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 1
  4. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    I whizint impressed with this thread
    • Funny Funny x 4
  5. Pointyearedog

Pointyearedog BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +771 / 5 / -0
    I'm liking me some cheez wiz...

cheez wiz.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  6. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I hope it goes differently for you guys and for Whiz, it's not like the Chargers are in our division. Whiz took us to the promiseland with the previous coach's line up. After the superbowl he asked for and got complete control of the roster to make it his team...we got worse and worse. Once Kurt Warner retired Whiz refused to believe it. He game planned like it was still Warner in there, instead of realizing everybody aint Warner and simplifying his approach to the game, while balancing the QBs weaknesses with a solid run game. I am sooo happy AirWhizona is over, a lot of Cardinal players feel the same way, some of them voice it publicly.

But then again he'll just be running the offense for you guys. But that's what he did in Az with McCoy and we had like one passing TD in the last 6 or 7 games!!! And that's from a pass happy scheme. If Rivers can perform as well as Warner did, and if you guys can protect Rivers, you got a fighting chance.
  7. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    Is this kind of like that scenario in those scary movies where the creepy gas station attendant warns the kids not to go to the abandoned camp because many deaths occurred there, the kids decide to laugh off the advice only to find out the stories were true?
  8. nickelbolt

nickelbolt Fuggedaboutit

Ratings Received:
    +886 / 0 / -0
    If Rivers can't handle it hopefully they find a QB who can. People don't give Kurt Warner enough credit. The guy was an amazing talent.
  9. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,698 / 45 / -26
    For a midget. ;)
  10. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395 / 4 / -0
    Yeah, Kurt Warner was on a lame Rams team that had receivers running by themselves for 80 yards and
    handing the ball back and forth while doing it. He had a lame-*** running back who would reach the second
    level before defenses were aware of what was going on. Kurt threw to a spot. There are plenty of former and current quarterbacks that were/are as or more talented than Kurt grocery-bags Warner. Remember, he wasn't even the starter on his team until Rodney Harrison shredded Trent Green's girly knee.
    Chad Pennington is on par with Kurt Warner. Hah! Just kidding...
  11. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Like I said, I hope it goes well for you guys, San Diego is cool. Rivers is better than any QB we've had since Warner, and I'm not too familiar with your O-line. But if you guys can call and see what the plays by the forth game of the season, then you guys will be in shotgun city and the other team will blitz non-stop. If Rivers can eat up the blitz, he can dink and dunk, but don't count on a run game or time of posession...more stats you definitely don't want to look up. And which ever runningback you guys will be pimping will be upset by week 4 for getting so little touches. Then said runningback will not see anymore touches, get used to that. I like all your other hires. But I should probably get out of here so I don't get folks upset, I wouldn't want anyone funking up my hopes before the season started so I apologize. If yall ever want to get rid of Rivers, or if he wants to leave...Az is listening. :)
  12. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Kurt Warner went to the superbowl with 2 different teams. Count how many other QBs did that and get back to me.
  13. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings Received:
    +395 / 4 / -0
    Earl Morrall (3 rings. 1 with Baltimore Colts and 2 with Miami Dolphins)
    Craig Morton (Dallas Cowboys, Denver Broncos)
    Jim McMahon (Bears, Packers)
    Jeff Rutledge (Giants, Redskins)
    Matt Cavanaugh (49ers, Giants)
    Kurt Warner (Rams, Cardinals) 1 win, 2 losses. 33% winning percentage.

So Bagger-boy is in some pretty elite company there.
    Oh, and....who cares?
  14. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Wow you one of them sticklers, my bad. I meant QBs that I can remember and that started in Superbowls. Pretty funny though, I dug McMahon when he was with Da Bears. That 85 team was pretty cool.
  15. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,698 / 45 / -26
    Would Belichick be a "genius" without Brady? He sure didn't look like one with Drew Bledsoe.

The point is, it's very hard to win a championship without a top QB. There aren't a lot of Trent Dilfer types with Super Bowl rings.
  16. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    That's weak sauce my man. I don't care what Belly would have done with anybody, stay focused bro, this is your team your talking about. Whiz loves the spread shotgun offense on first down, second down, third down. He doesn't value offensive linemen or put in tight ends or 2 backs in the backfield, he will leave Rivers as a sitting duck. I don't do the sideways talk, we taling about Whiz, the guy who can help out or personally sink Rivers. If you plan on running the ball at all...
  17. Fossil

Fossil BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +182 / 2 / -1
    Thanks for jumping on board and exTROLLing negatively about one of our team's coordinators, but the situation is not quite as glum as the ending of "For Whom the Bell Trolls." Feel free to drop back anytime atroll.
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    We appreciate your concern and all but what's your point?!?!?!? you keep warning us like the end of days are coming, we can't exactly grab pitch forks and storm the castle. The season hasn't even started yet we don't know what Whiz is going to call.

I suggest you start worrying about the 9 or so million that Kolb is owed and less about Whiz, you guys should be grateful for what Ken Whisenhunt did for your franchise. He did what no AZ coach has done since 1989 or when ever that was.
  19. HollywoodLeo

HollywoodLeo Trevor Phillips Enterprises

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    • Winner Winner x 2
  20. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    So, it doesn't count unless you remember?
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    Hey, I know. One of us should go find a Cleveland Browns forum and warn their fans of the pending Apocalypse!
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,689 / 39 / -8
    knock... knock... knock.... Leo...

Do they have internet in Cleveland?
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    "let me yell you something, heed my warning. I only come to you as a concerned citizen.
    (Gibberish)
    *Nonsense*
    {a lot of misspelled words, obviously someone's spell check isn't working or somebody doesn't pay attention}
    If Joe Haden ever wants out of Cleveland SD will listen;)"
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. redteamgo

redteamgo BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good luck, remember a hippie stopped by and gave you the good dish on Whiz. Feel free to bump this thread every time you guys run the ball less than 15 times a game, or lose 58-0, or whenever you guys understand. I'm out, have fun with that. ;)
  25. When Lightning Strikes

When Lightning Strikes Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +68 / 0 / -0
    This is my take...and its not much, but I am excited to have a new playcaller on the team that all he does is run the offense...and he can help the head coach when needed.
    • Like Like x 1
  26. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,424 / 19 / -4
    Ill add that he has HC experience and gets to work with a great qb which when he did such in AZ it was mighty good
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. HollywoodLeo

Ratings Received:
    +1,569 / 27 / -1
    Answer me this, genius. How is Whiz being our offensive coordinator going to make our defense give up 58 points?
    • Like Like x 2
  28. Bolts4lyfe

Bolts4lyfe BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +706 / 17 / -3
    First off we know what its like to run the ball 15 times a game, Second, no coach would attempt to run the ball when your down 2o points in the first quarter. Third, part 2 has nothing to do with an offensive coordinator or an offensive minded coach, that's why there are play calling assistants on each side of the ball. but thanks for stopping by oh wise one.
  29. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    This thread has outlived its useful life...meaning it lasted more than 2 seconds.

Lame.
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1