1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Game Day! Broncos Vs. Chargers

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by Pumpkin Bolt, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    lol... it has nothing to do about feelings, just odds.
  2. Holy_Bolt

Holy_Bolt Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +288 / 1 / -0
    Well the way things went today, you may be right.
  3. T.Brownfan

T.Brownfan BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I feel for you guys, I am a Raider fan and for obvious reasons was pulling for you guys. When Norv went Conservative at the end I was shaking my head and the loss of yards on the last play man I knew he was going to miss and TeBlow was going to pull out another BS win.

Hang in there guys.
  4. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    I agree, he was put in a tough position. I feel for Novak, especially after watching him answer questions for 5min (being the last player to exit the locker room post-game) before breaking down into tears. He clearly put this one on his own shoulders as far as responsibility goes. You can't tell me this guy doesn't care or doesn't try or doesn't expect better of himself. IMO those are the guys who take failure and learn and get better.

I've defended Norv as not the only person responsible for what ails us for a long time but the end of both halves, giving up like that and not taking a shot with the little time we had left... I can't stand quitting. Makes me sick. One of the big sticking points for me has been that these teams never quit on Norv. Well today, he quit on them. Big time. Quitting is is unacceptable.

I still think AJ is just as much to blame for our issues but at this point, if there aren't some major changes across the board (coaching staff, front office and players) nothing is going to get better.
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    There may be a hanging in our future........ #imjustsaying ;)
  6. Dublin Bolt

Dublin Bolt BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +405 / 7 / -1
    There was an argument for putting Volek in the game. He is more mobile and not injured. Rivers is hurt and should sit now. The season is over, heck even give Willy a try. How good would it be to still have Tolzien and give him the reins now.
  7. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    Bummer we didn't have room for Tolzien, but we had to keep Wes Welker v2.0.....:rolleyes:.....what a brilliant move that was.
  8. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,548 / 44 / -6
    Where did you read or hear that River's is indeed injured/hurt??? I couldn't find anything.
  9. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You certainly weren't right about anything last year, and more than any person on this forum you showed yourself to be immature and overly emotional. It would seem that not a lot has changed.
  10. Sydalish

Sydalish Addicted to Sports

Ratings Received:
    +1,558 / 11 / -0
    Hindsight is 20/20. We weren't keeping Tolzien regardless of whether or not we kept Walters. you know this Mat. ;) He was always PS fodder if he'd been able to clear waivers. Unfortunately for us, he didn't clear and landed in SF. If Walters had been let go, Seyi would still be here btu not Tolzien.
  11. powayslugger

powayslugger Optimistic for 2013

Ratings Received:
    +134 / 3 / -0
    Couldn't have said it much better... watching Norv cower and throw in the towel at the end of both halves had me screaming about what a wussie he was at the television... He showed his true colors about what a cowardly quitter he really is. The man let the whole San Diego fan base down yesterday.

I think that after yesterday's humiliating loss and display of cowardly coaching that if you don't want Norv fired than you're not a true Charger fan.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Blue Bolt

Blue Bolt Persona Non Grata

Ratings Received:
    +2,678 / 44 / -26
    [​IMG]
    • Like Like x 2
  13. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    Okay, Darryle Gamble then.
  14. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21
    To be fair nobody predicted the Chiefs would win 10 games last year, you guys were frauds in every concievable way and it was proven by how you finished the season.

Last year for the Chargers was insane, nobody could have predicted the special teams would cost us 2 or 3 games, and it was the difference in what happened and the 12-4 I predicted in the pre-season.
  15. 65TossPowerTrap

65TossPowerTrap BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Actually, no. We were not "Frauds" we were AFC West Champions, and earned it. You can't say a tam is a fraud just because they lose in the playoffs...especially when your team is sitting at home lol. Were we as good as the Ravens? Nope. But few teams were. There was no shame in losing to a superior team in the post season. We were the best in the West, and would likely have been at least in the hunt this year without losing the league's best running back, our best overall player in our starting safety, our most consistent receiving threat in our starting tight end AND our starting quarterback.

The Chargers last year could not effectively play one out of the three phases of the game. Just like last year, you try to pretend like that is a small "fixable" thing, even though they never fixed it. It's the same as a team that has a great offense and special teams but no defense or a great special teams and defense and no offense. Unless those other phases are so totally dominant to overcome that glaring weakness, that's not a complete or even a good team.

Last year, the Chiefs were solid in all three phases. That's why they made the playoffs. They lost in the playoffs because they ran up against a team that was not only solid in all three phases, but dominant in at least two.
  16. matilack

matilack #therealagent47

Ratings Received:
    +2,100 / 34 / -21

Sorry I just don't care much anymore. Division titles don't mean much to me even when the Chargers win them, its last years news.

Point I was making to Conc was it doesn't take more than a couple games each year (wins or losses) to tell the Chargers never actually improve under Norv.
  17. Concudan

Concudan Caffeinated Commando

Ratings Received:
    +3,684 / 39 / -8
    You were trying to make that point to me? Man you failed hard....