1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gameballs! Chargers v. Titans

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by BoltFanDC, Dec 26, 2009.

1. BoltFanDC

BoltFanDC Objects In Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear...

Ratings Received:
    +287 / 1 / -0
    Plenty of holiday cheer to go around this week!

Offense - Plenty of worthy candidates...LT with 2 rushing TD's; Sproles with 2 rushing, 1 receiving; Rivers 21-27 with 2 scores. And welcome back Nick Hardwick! I'm going with Rivers, that was an outstanding performance in the cold, on the road, against a desperate team.

Defense - While the rush D was a little soft (but who isn't these days against CJ), the secondary and linebackers made plays when needed getting 3 turnovers, including 1 in the red zone with the game still somewhat in doubt. And less than 100 yards passing to boot. Tough to pick, but I'll go with Coop here with the fumble recovery and a pretty solid tackling effort.

Special teams didn't have to do much except kick off :lol:

Props to Norv and the coaching staff for having this team well prepared on a short week, coming into a tough environment against a desperate opponent with a 2 seed at stake, and taking care of business in SPADES.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. IFiredCHart

IFiredCHart Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Because there we no real special special teams plays and the fact that the game was a blowout, I am giving away 5 gameballs!

OFFENSE

Rivers--An azaming job by an amazing quarterback; he made the plays in every situation and completely crushed the confidence in the Titan defense in the second half, when even I sensed a comeback.

LT and Hardwick--The run-blocking this game was sensational against a stingy front 4, and Hardwick was right in the middle of it...it is GREAT to have him back! LT had a couple of trips, but I swear that nobody is better on short-yardage goal line tries.

DEFENSE

Siler--Great tackling along with Coop and the MC, but what sets Siler apart is his pick and coverage. People knocked Siler on his ability to defend the pass, but he has come a loooong way.

Weddle--He was in so many plays it was scary, being a great tackler, providing great coverage deep, and even having a pick.

But if you ask me, every member of this team has two solid game balls after that performance. :tup:
  3. AnteaterCharger

AnteaterCharger Calibrating Bolttalk, Podcast by Podcast Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings Received:
    +2,348 / 19 / -3
    Can't give just one out per side so here goes

Offense: Hardwick (welcome back), Rivers (surgically cut them up), Darren Sproles

Defense: Siler (just keeps making plays), Phillips (leads the league in forced fumbles), the run defense (Johnson got over 100 but it was meaningless)
  4. wrbanwal

wrbanwal Bad A S S

Ratings Received:
    +1,035 / 0 / -0
    Offensive line

:tup:
  5. HEXEDBOLT

HEXEDBOLT Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +1,524 / 43 / -6
    O River's, LT,Sproles, VJack, Gate's, hell the whole O

D Wed's gets one for sure, LB'ers as a group.

ST Ozgood, for hit hit in the back in retribution.
  6. paddyirishman

paddyirishman BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Siler for me. Hes been getting the Gameballs on a weekly basis at this stage. Every week hes making big plays.
  7. JoeRockhead

JoeRockhead BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +83 / 0 / -0
    I give game balls to the WHOLE TEAM. They went into another hostile environment and got the job done. They are playing like a team on a mission, and just keep moving on. The hype around Vince Young, Charles Johnson, backs to the wall and dirty play did not bother them. This is NO Longer a team of individuals. This is OFFICIALLY a complete TEAM. It is getting to be an unstoppable force and I hope it runs over everything in its path. ON TO THE PLAYOFFS AND THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :abq2:
  8. BOLTS4LIFE

BOLTS4LIFE Banned Banned

Ratings Received:
    +542 / 0 / -0

I like that!!! :lol: :bolt:
  9. Aggieman

Aggieman I bleed blue and gold

Ratings Received:
    +194 / 0 / -0
    Offense: Sproles. Rivers is absolutely deserving and he's gotten one from me every week but I have to give props to Sproles. He was patient but ready to explode at a moment's notice which he did perfectly. He was always ready to make the play on the screen or the hand-off and was very reliable for Rivers.

Defense: Eric Weddle. He was probably designated Chris Johnson spy because #28 had #32 all over him in the passing game and Weddle is always a reliable run stopper. He had a great pick and plenty of notable tackles against a player even the best defenders struggle to get a single hand on.

ST: You did nothing but kick-off which Kaeding never does fantastically. No game ball for you!
  10. LV Bolt Fan

LV Bolt Fan Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    My game ball goes to AJ Smith and his staff for building this team. :tup:
  11. bigmike.x.09

bigmike.x.09 Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +249 / 0 / -0
    My game ball goes to the coaching staff. Good ****, way to prepare in such a short week.