1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GET RID OF AJ SMITH!

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by chargerfan74, Feb 21, 2006.

?

Would you rather have AJ or Marty?

1. Marty

100.0%
  2. AJ

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. chargerfan74

chargerfan74 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    :x I'm sorry, AJ is a punk. Easy for him to sit in his office chair and dictate price tags to personnel. AJ is totally setting up Marty to fail. AJ is totally trying to move in a direction only he thinks is right. Remember guys, this is the same dude that messed up on the Gates situation earlier in last year's season opener. The one that we could have won if Gates was in the game?

I love Marty. There isn't any coach I would rather have for this team right now. So many people are doubting him.. but not me. Check this out from the UT.

TO THE SPANOS FAMILY:

IF AJ DOESN'T STRAIGHTEN OUT AND LOOSEN UP A LITTLE, THEN GET RID OF HIS ***!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chargerpower

Chargerpower BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Come on, AJ is not really setting up Marty to fail. He would not put himself in front of the team.

1. We still have time to resign Brees. So let's see what happens.
    2. Marty is a big supporter of both Brees and Rivers. He had a lot to do with AJ drafting Rivers.

10 Million dollars is a lot to commit to a QB coming off shoulder injury. I for one think that Condon is asking for way too much money. AJ is looking out for this team and knows that we have enough weapons on offense to help make Rivers successful. Plus think of what we can do with all that cap space. Maybe bring in a Ty Law type of CB or a #1 WR.

I love Brees, but he is not worth top 5 QB money.

3. daniel5678

daniel5678 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I think the whole thing is a slap in Marty's face. It was his decision to start Brees in the meaningless finale. He should have started Rivers. Brees got hurt, now Smith is potentially taking away one of his top players. Marty has to be fuming right now. I don't see how he can stick around SD past this year.

Everyone keeps saying that the Chargers should keep Brees and also Rivers as the backup. I can't see Rivers staying at the backup. You don't draft someone that high to be a backup for 3 years. This isn't Montana/Young. Rivers' value goes down a lot if they keep him another year. And then he'll really get pissed and may be a bad influence. So I think something has to happen between the 2 qbs. If Smith can get Brees signed to a cap-friendly contract, then he can go and trade Rivers and be in a great situation.

One more thing, if Brees does leave, the Chargers will probably get a first round compensation pick next year. Don't think Smith hasn't already figured that one out.

4. REALBOLTFAN

REALBOLTFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's hard to say.. I know that he is an intelligent guy.. but he needs to roll the dice with Brees... sometimes you need to take that chance on a special player. I do not want to see Brees take someone else to the superbowl... it's our turn

5. ChargerRay

ChargerRay Producer/Host of BoltTalk Staff Member Super Moderator Podcaster

Ratings:
    +717 / 2 / -0
    Unfortunately, I really believe that Brees will not return. Brees is looking to get as much guaranteed cash as possible and AJ's 1 year 2 million dollar offer with a 5 year option and no signing bonus is not going to cut it.

Now there is still time to get a contract done, but all signs point to Brees leaving for another team. :(

6. REALBOLTFAN

REALBOLTFAN BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Looks like you were right.. WOW.. I did not expect this.

I cannot picture Drew starting somewhere else.. it's just not right. He is OUR starting QB. It's going to be strange to say the least proceeding without him