1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Give up a 2nd for Jacob Hester??? Huh?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Enormo, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Hester is a hard-nosed baller with good character - just AJ's kinda guy. You can all do alla the trade chart value math you want, but it all boils down to who's on your board & who's left on the board. AJ & Buddy apparently had Hester tagged as a good pickup, looked at how the board is playing out, & pulled the trigger.

As far as giving up a pick to the Pats & making them better, who cares?? :icon_shrug: We need to build our team to beat anyone who's in the way. That's all I care about. :tup:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. maestro876

maestro876 BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +63 / 0 / -0
    Looking at the highlight reel, he seems like exactly what we needed--a powerful back who can pound it past the chains and fill in for LT when needed.
  3. MasterOfPuppets

MasterOfPuppets Charger fan since 1979

Ratings Received:
    +402 / 8 / -0
    what he said, in reallty the Chargers gave up about 8 spots in next years draft and a 5th this year, not really one sides is it? :icon_huh:
  4. boltmanbz

boltmanbz Well-Known Member

Ratings Received:
    +86 / 0 / -0
    Hester is a head buster, anyone that hasn't seen him play needs to, once again AJ drafts our needs, I love this dam guy
  5. n0b0dysp3cial

n0b0dysp3cial BoltTalker

Ratings Received:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Too early to tell, and it's kinda hard when you have LT, Sproles, and Tolbert ahead of you. There will probably be a situation like 2007's game against Detroit. It'll be a blow out and Norv will throw in Hester and he will just shine just like how Sproles shined that game. I think if or when that situation comes around our running game is going to be complete. Because I see Hester more of a replacement for Michael Turner. Because Sproles doesn't really fill in Michael Turners spot, because Sproles is Sproles. Can't really see him as a complete running back just yet.
  6. Buck Melanoma

Buck Melanoma Guest

Ratings Received:
    +408 / 17 / -4
    Sproles has proved himself a complete back. Can he sustain 300+ carries? Maybe not - he's not a big guy.

But he has NFL-level skills. Outside of Shawne, I think Darren is AJ's biggest draft p/u since '03. The guy is good. People slobber over Hester. Darren Sproles is just as good. :tup: