1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Great Mock Draft

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LT-Express, Jan 6, 2008.

1. LT-Express

LT-Express Bolttalk.com Janitor since 06' Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
  2. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I don't think Baker goes in the 1st round. He struggles against every speed rusher who comes along. He also lacks strong run blocking skills.

I am beginng to wonder if the QB 's all go in the 1st round as so many have projected. Frankley I would not draft any of them in the 1st round.

3. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
    Well the bad thing is you know there will be QB or 's drafted in the first round! I agree the QB class this year is pretty weak and in most any other year these QB's probably would be earliest 2nd round but the need is there for many teams and there will be some drafted! As for Baker I am kind of undecided on him in the PT I have seen him he looks dominating but I live on the east coast in South Carolina and dont get to see him very often!

4. RMANCIL

RMANCIL New Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0

The Bears , Falcons , Ravens , Carolina , Fish are all teams who are looking at QB. The leaders of this class all have happy feet and look like they will need a lot of work to get ready to play at the next level.

A lot of draft sites see teams with a need and plug in the best player at the position so we see a lot of QB in this draft. When you watch some of the other QB who have issues , too short or play in a gimmick offense they still seem to have better pocket awareness right now.

The common argument against them however is limited up side. The results almost always is that QB are taken too high and end up being flops as a result.

John David Booty, Colt Brennan , Chase Daniels , Chad Henne are all QB who should be on the board after the 1st round and at this point in my eyes have better pocket presence than the big three.

I think that you could draft Booty let him sit two years and he will be every bit as good or better than Matt Leinhart.

5. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0
    Yeah Booty to me has the measureables but didnt put up the eye popping stats that Brennan did. I always give the Hawaii QB's the system tag when they come out, but I believe Brennan actually could play at the next level and suceed! I think the best of these 4 might be Chase Daniels, just because on the field you can tell that he is a natural born leader! Henne I am not so sure about seems to have the measureables however health is a big issue with him, and he is was way to inconsistent in his career at Michigan!

6. Boltjolt

Boltjolt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +398 / 0 / -0
    I am not real big on this QB class either. Ryan seems to be the favorite but imo he is a project. I dont really like Henne much , Woodson imo is a project, Same with Brohm....but really all rookie QB's are projects but i think these guys are more so and are in line with the Alex Smith, Aaron Rodgers group.

Chase Daniels isnt going to play QB in the NFL. He is too short and isnt that great an athlete to play anything else. He may get a shot but dont expect it to last long. Seneca Wallace is his height but he is an exceptional player and Holgrum said that if they can aquire a good backup QB, they will move him to WR because he is a great athlete.

Brennen is a big project but has some upside. Booty........he isnt flashy but i could see him be a steady eddy for somebody but dont know if he wil ever crack a starting job.

This class imo is filled with good QB's who would make good mid to late first round picks and great 2nd round picks but you know Ryan and Brohm will go high because of the need of some teams for a QB.

I didnt think Alex Smith warranted a high pick but he was one anyways.
    I did not get to see a lot of early Saturday games this year so im going by what litle i have sen of these guys. Ive only seen Ryan play a couple times and wasnt that blown away, but MTL sure loves him.

BTW...for whoever liked Virginia Tech CB Brandon Flowers so much earlier in this draft forum....he declared today.

7. LT-Express

Ratings:
    +323 / 1 / -0

8. Gridreaper

Gridreaper BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +96 / 0 / -0
    ...Interesting mock draft but don't the Giants fall to either 31 or 32 depending on how the Super Bowl plays out? In the past the SB contestants were automatically 31 and 32.:bolt:

9. Thumper

Thumper WHS

Ratings:
    +1,467 / 0 / -0
    Why does everyone always want Jammer to move to safety?