1. Welcome to San Diego Chargers NFL Football Podcast and Forum!
    Bolt Talk is one of the largest online communities for the San Diego Chargers.
    We host a regular Chargers podcast during the season.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Create an Account or

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Guess What?

Discussion in 'Chargers Fan Forum' started by SuperCharger92, Oct 15, 2012.

1. SuperCharger92

SuperCharger92 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -3
    We suck..

At home up 24-0 at halftime.. and Denver just scored 35 unanswered points.. Just like the Jets game last year, New Orleans game this year.. We make NO adjustments after the half..

This team sucks.. Norv Turner = Worst coach in the NFL, I think I'd rather have Jason Garrett as my coach..

This team is going no where this year.. enjoy and 7-9 season or 8-8 if were lucky..

And people wonder why we are one of the top teams in the NFL to blackout every week we ******* deserve it

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -3
    fcking pathetic.. Norv+Philip are the biggest chokers in football..

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    hahahahahahahahahahaha... they suck ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great job AJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! loser.....

4. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -3
    Clary ******* blows.. AJ doesn't even acknowledge to bring back up this year there.. CB's BLEW last year he does NOTHING to improve it..

******* terrible.. I can't stress this enough.. Browns are going to take it to us after the bye week..

5. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    You people are hating the wrong people..Phillip is an EPIC choke artist. Like holy schitt

6. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -3
    How?

In three games we lost our CB's got torched for 955 yards! By Ryan, Brees, and Manning. Are you ******* kidding me right now?

Rivers sucks.. I'm honestly thinking about just cutting ties with the guy after his play last year and its just continuing this year, let's trade him, if we can even get anything for him..

I've defended Rivers for a LONG time.. but this was just terrible. Imagine if Tracy Porter was in the game? For the love of God..

7. Chargerfn909

Chargerfn909 High and tight kid, high and tight!

Ratings:
    +34 / 6 / -1
    Blaming aj n norv...norv isn't an adequate hc, we all know that, but Phillip lost this game. Hes terrible

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Whooki Mane

Whooki Mane BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +166 / 2 / -0
    I blame the pass rush.. We blitz like 6 guys nd get 0 pressure its rediculous wen u blitz nd never get there ur obv gonna get torched

9. Joy Division

Joy Division Slightly-known Member

Ratings:
    +430 / 8 / -0
    Hmmm. I'm up 24-0. I know, I'll keep throwing the ball. I'll keep Mathews on the sideline.
    Who needs to burn time off the clock anyway? I'm a genius. -Norv during his halftime dump.

10. rickochey

rickochey BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +127 / 35 / -5
    ok ok ok... If we get a new QB does this all of a sudden make Norv a better coach or HC?

I still love Rivers, he just needs a real HC,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SDRaiderH8er

SDRaiderH8er Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    I will disagree with you on this. I like Rivers, what he needs is a line that will give him the time so that he does not have to force the ball into his receivers. Norv on the other hand..........

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    its on both sides, we do not have a pass rush, and we do not have an Oline. The game is won and lost on the line of scrimage thats why we are losing.

• Like Like x 1
  13. gonzokrb

gonzokrb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 2 / -0
    Name the last time we spent a first round draft pick on OL.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. SDRaiderH8er

Ratings:
    +1,918 / 4 / -6
    James Fitzpatrick 1986 with our second first round pick that year, the first pick went to Leslie Oneal

15. eoconnor101

eoconnor101 BoltTalker

Ratings:
    +30 / 1 / -0
    Rivers is still the best QB we have, and if he has 3-4 years in him there are other places to work, CB, OL etc. But we should be opportunistic about drafting a new QB, if the right one is there, take him. Rivers mobility kills us when our line isn't performing....something AJ surely knew when he drafted him.

But Norv sucks at managing leads....we need two coaches...one to look at tape, design a scheme, get us the lead, and then Madden 2012 computer calling plays in the second half....probably would give a better halftime speech too.

16. SuperCharger92

Ratings:
    +528 / 13 / -3
    Depending on how we finish this year (Playoffs Or Bust) we decide what we do with this team.

No doubt this team needs a better OL. Rivers' best years were 2006-2010 because he was protected. Hardwick, Dielman and McNeill covered his *** for years, and kept him clean.

Hardwick is nothing he used to be, but still a solid center, Vasquez and Green have been pretty good, and our tackles have been ****. Harris is an UDRFA, he does the best he can. Clary is ******* garbage. Continues to be the weakest link on the OL. We need to keep Rivers clean. Simple as that, cause when Rivers is pressured he shits his pants and throws the ball all over the place. It was the case last year and looks it this year.

Bottom line is, bye week couldn't come at a better time. Get Gaither back, get Meachem, Floyd, and Royal all 100 % and on the same page and lets ******* go.

Mathews had a solid game for a team that came in knowing they had to shut him down. We have to give him those touches throughout the year and but bring in Battle more.

You get Mathews 30-35 touches a game, catching and carrying, and Battle about 5-7 carries a game we will be successful. It sets up play action for Rivers over the top to Floyd and Meachem and across the middle for Gates and Royal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. The LBC

The LBC I'm a Real Prick

Ratings:
    +937 / 15 / -1
    I wouldn't go so far as to say that Green and Vasquez have been good. They've been passable only because the guys to their respective left and right are getting beaten before they have the opportunity to be. Green can't run block to save his life - watch him pull and he's slow to get out in the lead and he has little to no authority when initiating contact (he literally would be more effective just diving in front of and tripping his assignment), there's no pop in there. Compared to the likes of Dielman it's like comparing a 5-week-old kitten to a lion. Vasquez is just very average - his chemistry with Clary sucks something wicked, but that's largely Clary who seems more content to try and block Vasquez's assignment on plays than his own (I literally see this three or four times per game and can do nothing but laugh out loud and want to beat my head against the nearest flat surface).

Harris just appears in over his head... or at least he's in his own head too much. He looks scared - you can see it in his posture when he pass-blocks, you can see it in his weird technique whereby it looks like he's trying to engage his assignment in an ol' school pro wrestling "test of strength". Part of that is probably because he's playing out of position and worried as hell about being out-quicked by a guy.

Clary's worthless. A tackling dummy would provide more as a blocker. I honestly believe that if someone ever tried to ball up on Clary like the guy did on Gates last night, Clary would go limp-wristed and try to slap-fight the guy.

Aside from Gaither, when healthy, and Hardwick, who's undersized, there is zilch in term of attitude from this line. They reflect their milktoast coaches to a "T" - Norv, Hal Hunter, and Mike Sullivan.

This is why I'm firmly behind the belief that what this team needs more than anything (and that it can't get from Norv) is a clear-cut vision of how they want the team to be and how they should mold themselves. Take the late 60's to early 70's Cowboys defense, the famed "Doomsday Defense;" by comparison to other defenses around the league they had far less "star power," but they had a vision that worked and that everyone bought into: "When that whistle blows, EVERYONE goes." And that's not in the we're blitzing everyone sense, but rather that as soon as that whistle blows, every last man on the field goes balls to the wall and doesn't stop until they hear another whistle. Attitude is a mindset though, it had to be bred and guys have to buy in, you can't just force-feed it.

As far as this season goes, Rivers presently doesn't trust Meachem and Royal - and neither of them are really doing a whole lot to give him reason to (sloughing off on routes, dropping catches they should make, letting DB's force them off the routes they do fully run). You can see it when Rivers gets flustered under pressure, he's looking to Gates and Floyd first, and if they're covered he ends up then looking to Meachem and Royal and forcing the ball to whichever of them he can track down first. Get a healthy Vincent Brown back in this offense, who Rivers already trusts and has rapport with, and I do think that alone brings some improvement.